Thread: Trying to Acquire Ovi, Need to put the biscuit in the basket more.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Trying to Acquire Ovi, Need to put the biscuit in the basket more.

Regarding g my second team in my sig that is broken down by positions, I am in need of goals, I only have 120 I believe on the season, the squad is a PP assist factory so to acquire what it is I need I have offered Ovi's owner Krejci/Simmonds. Now I know that might not even be close but it's not to say I wouldn't work with the dude to make it happen but I refuse to deplete my roster for one dude that will prob only finish with 75 or so points albeit elite. Does this offer even come close or do you think I'll need to pony up substantially more. The Ovi owner is weak at center (Johnson, Koivu, Brassard, O'Reilly), so I am hoping Krejci tickles his fancy so to speak.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Trying to Acquire Ovi, Need to put the biscuit in the basket more.

No chance that gets it done.
    Offer Voracek/H.Sedin/Markov together.
    For Ovechkin & 2 players that he chooses.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Your offer is insulting. I just traded Mrazek and Kucherov in my league for a guy who wanted a goalie, and I'm happy with that. Let him start the negotiating and just ask what 2 or 3 players from your team he might like for Ovechkin.
    12 team Yahoo roto league
    G, A, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, SV%

C: McDavid, Kuznetsov, Monahan
    LW: Gaudreau, Jenner, Arvidsson
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, Tarasenko (IR)
    D: Letang, Krug, Gudas, Martinez, Edler, Yandle
    G: Andersen, Khubodin, Kuemper, Nedeljkovic

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPumpkinEatr View Post
    Your offer is insulting. I just traded Mrazek and Kucherov in my league for a guy who wanted a goalie, and I'm happy with that. Let him start the negotiating and just ask what 2 or 3 players from your team he might like for Ovechkin.
    I mean a playmaker with 33 points in 353 games and a wing with 25 points in 44 with 96 PIM and hits I do not see how it is that shallow an offer but as I originally stated I never said it was the only deal I'd make but need to start somewhere and not going to gouge myself right off the bat.

As for the person who suggested Voracek/Sedin/Markov for Ovi and 2 from his team, thanks for advice but I am not looking to do a roster overhaul of that nature I like all the pieces of my team just need to add goals, like my D top 4 too much to break up. 3 players for any 1 player is not plausible in my book.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

Trocheck,Kempe

The Wolverine

Firstly, I suggest you put the categories in your signature since you've referenced them showing value to other players.

That being said, if you don't want to give 3 guys, then the only other way is to offer up 2 really good players (say Voracek and Backstrom) or something like that because there is no other way you'll get Ovechkin. You have to give to get. If you don't want to give them up, then don't try to acquire Ovechkin and try to find an lesser player who can help you with goals. You mentioned hits so I assume that's a category? If so, then Ovechkin is a monster in this format, and I would only give him up for top players. If I had Ovechkin and was willing to give him up, then I would want Hall + another top player at a minimum.

Don't offer Krejci and Simmonds. Even though you said it may not be close and want to use it as a starting point, if I were the Ovechkin owner I wouldn't even entertain any further negotiations from there. You need to start off with something plausible to get the other guy interested.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Firstly, I suggest you put the categories in your signature since you've referenced them showing value to other players.

That being said, if you don't want to give 3 guys, then the only other way is to offer up 2 really good players (say Voracek and Backstrom) or something like that because there is no other way you'll get Ovechkin. You have to give to get. If you don't want to give them up, then don't try to acquire Ovechkin and try to find an lesser player who can help you with goals. You mentioned hits so I assume that's a category? If so, then Ovechkin is a monster in this format, and I would only give him up for top players. If I had Ovechkin and was willing to give him up, then I would want Hall + another top player at a minimum.

Don't offer Krejci and Simmonds. Even though you said it may not be close and want to use it as a starting point, if I were the Ovechkin owner I wouldn't even entertain any further negotiations from there. You need to start off with something plausible to get the other guy interested.
    Ok, categories in sig now, good call. I changed the offer to Voracek/Krejci.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars

Trocheck,Kempe

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    I mean a playmaker with 33 points in 353 games and a wing with 25 points in 44 with 96 PIM and hits I do not see how it is that shallow an offer but as I originally stated I never said it was the only deal I'd make but need to start somewhere and not going to gouge myself right off the bat.

As for the person who suggested Voracek/Sedin/Markov for Ovi and 2 from his team, thanks for advice but I am not looking to do a roster overhaul of that nature I like all the pieces of my team just need to add goals, like my D top 4 too much to break up. 3 players for any 1 player is not plausible in my book.
    Hockey pool trades are all about psychology. You made the first move, but for a beast in Ovechkin. He wants to feel he's the cock on the block. Stroke his ego and sit back and let the guy with the bigger weapon make the offer.

The Wolverine

Ok, categories in sig now, good call. I changed the offer to Voracek/Krejci.
    Still won't be enough IMO. Voracek has been having a down year, and Krejci is just about to come back from injury. No chance that gets it done, and again I wouldn't even bother countering as the Ovechkin owner. But that's me.

You have confirmed there are also SOG and Hits in this league. Ovechkin is ELITE in this format. Again, from a potential Ovechkin owner, if Hall isn't part of the offer, then I would simple reject and move on. Give to get.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Still won't be enough IMO. Voracek has been having a down year, and Krejci is just about to come back from injury. No chance that gets it done, and again I wouldn't even bother countering as the Ovechkin owner. But that's me.

You have confirmed there are also SOG and Hits in this league. Ovechkin is ELITE in this format. Again, from a potential Ovechkin owner, if Hall isn't part of the offer, then I would simple reject and move on. Give to get.

I need an edge I feel, the team is competing but I want to break free from the pack I am sixth right now I need the goals. The team is well rounded IMO but that is just me, nonetheless goals are a focal point when I stare at category breakdown over course of season thus far. Also with this league please factor in people do not check and will prob never see the offer I basically have to stick with people who I know are checking often which is unfortunate. I want to go after Toffoli but that person's team is weak and he is doubtful to part ways. What are some other goal scorers I should pursue that I can acquire without gouging myself. I really want Ovi because I would love to unite with Backstrom to unleash PP point hell on opposition.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars

Trocheck,Kempe

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Poster asks for advice. Sound advice given. Poster does not heed advice.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I need an edge I feel, the team is competing but I want to break free from the pack I am sixth right now I need the goals. The team is well rounded IMO but that is just me, nonetheless goals are a focal point when I stare at category breakdown over course of season thus far. Also with this league please factor in people do not check and will prob never see the offer I basically have to stick with people who I know are checking often which is unfortunate. I want to go after Toffoli but that person's team is weak and he is doubtful to part ways. What are some other goal scorers I should pursue that I can acquire without gouging myself. I really want Ovi because I would love to unite with Backstrom to unleash PP point hell on opposition.
    Now you're starting to think logically. In a one-year league with those categories Ovechkin is a top-3 player (with Benn and P. Kane) and you're going to have to pay a bloody fortune for him. Instead of setting your heart on the King who will cost you a King's ransom look for snipers who are off to slower starts that you could get at a lesser price. Guys who come to mind: Stamkos, Max Pac, Perry, Parise, Giroux. Now these guys are studs and some are heating up so they won't come cheap but at least they'll be cheaper than Ovy.

Finally, similar principle goes for Toffoli, the kid is having his best season yet and is at or exceeding his peak right now, don't go after him when you can go after a struggling known scorer for much less.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Now you're starting to think logically. In a one-year league with those categories Ovechkin is a top-3 player (with Benn and P. Kane) and you're going to have to pay a bloody fortune for him. Instead of setting your heart on the King who will cost you a King's ransom look for snipers who are off to slower starts that you could get at a lesser price. Guys who come to mind: Stamkos, Max Pac, Perry, Parise, Giroux. Now these guys are studs and some are heating up so they won't come cheap but at least they'll be cheaper than Ovy.

Finally, similar principle goes for Toffoli, the kid is having his best season yet and is at or exceeding his peak right now, don't go after him when you can go after a struggling known scorer for much less.

If I go after Max who am I offering up on my squad? Same question for Stamkos?
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars

Trocheck,Kempe