Thread: giroux vs. bodker

Dobber Sports Stud

Default giroux vs. bodker

i have pick 6 in the upcoming draft. i might be able to deal that pick, which will likely get me bodker, and something else small for c. giroux. im not too concerned about the fact that giroux might be closer to cracking the nhl and reaching his peak because i have a lot of forward prospects about in his timeframe as you see in sig. basically i want to know who has the higher upside. im assuming giroux but by how much?
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well Dobberdaddy has Giroux\'s LTP as 95 points and Boedker\'s at 78. Best I can do is crib from Dobber, because I don\'t really have any special inside track on these two guys otherwise.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Grioux HANDS DOWN.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Legend

Other than what Shoeless (Dobber) added, I would say Giroux. Although I did hear the Boedker was looking very good in prospects camp skating with Turris. I still believe Giroux gets spotted on the Flyers first line at some point this season and I see his future being a tad brighter once he is a lock for top six minutes and PP time in Philly. That being said, if Giroux were to be taken, Boedker would not be a bad pick for you at 6th overall.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You can\'t really go wrong with either one of them. I drafted both of them in my pool this year. I then traded Boedker and my 3 draft picks (09) away to acquire Nash. Both will be great players but I believe Giroux has a higher upside just like Dobber says in his guide.
    12GM keeper
    lineup 3L 3C 3R 5D Gmin add up to 82gms
    P,+/-,PPG,PIM,GWG,GAA
    GA= 1pt
    P,+/-,GAA worth more.
    3 picks every year
    NO FA signings

LW.Ovechkin,Kovolchuk,Lucic,Burrows,Carcillo
    C.Kopitar,Jokinen,Mueller,Berglund,Duchane,Krecji
    RW.Heatley,Giroux,Voracek,Backes,Franzen,Fehr
    D.Whitney,Carle,Letang,Green,Keith,Goligoski,Carls on
    G. Lundquist,Theodore,Rask

Dobber Sports Sage

There is no comparison between them. Giroux by a mile. Don\'t do that trade.

Dobber Sports Stud

just realized my wording was junk in the first post. i would be dealing pick 6 (bodker likely) and a bit more TO GET giroux. but thanks for the input guys. the other GM might not do it anyways
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Sage

jman wrote:
    just realized my wording was junk in the first post. i would be dealing pick 6 (bodker likely) and a bit more TO GET giroux. but thanks for the input guys. the other GM might not do it anyways
    In that case, definitely do it lol.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Giroux is by far the better player, remember there\'s always a honeymoon period for this year\'s draft, and If you listen to Pierre McGuire too much \"they\'re all monsters\" he gets paid to get excited about all of them. That\'s not to say Bodker isn\'t an interesting property, just don\'t overrate.

This is an interesting draft. I have a hunch there are some players drafted in the late part of the first round and early second that could end up being the gems.