Thread: [Rumor] Ennis etc available

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default [Rumor] Ennis etc available

Looks like the Sabres are continuing to sell all non-core pieces.

http://www.tsn.ca/sabres-selling-ple...rouin-1.422236

Likely trade candidates:

Ennis
    McGinn
    Weber
    Johnson

Ennis (and i guess Weber who's +/- could go up on a contending team) value should go up, good time to buy low.

Don't see McGinn/Johnson's value going up, will likely take a hit if traded. I dont even see Johnson being traded, goalie market is shit right now.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: [Rumor] Ennis etc available

Everytime I google Tyler Ennis ESPN... I get the wrong Canadian!
    I'd be interested to see him as the flavor-of-the-year wing-patch in Pittsburgh.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Everytime I google Tyler Ennis ESPN... I get the wrong Canadian!
    I'd be interested to see him as the flavor-of-the-year wing-patch in Pittsburgh.
    i think the pens need to stop focusing on wingers and start getting D. they have a tonne of young D prospects but no one actually ready, they are wasting the best years of crosby/malkin (although this seems like a really bad year). i'd rather they fix their backend and then look for the Knuble-type players to play along with Sid/Malkin.

although kessel/shattenkirk swap would be fun to see.

i think the sabres are better off keeping Ennis. don't think he'll get much right now given his performance and size. he could turn things around next year with eichel having another year of development + potentially matthews

The Great One

Enni's contract will be a tough one to move. The talent seems there, but the size and injury risks are tough to swallow.

I could see him going to NJ - they have money to spend and not a lot of talent in the prospects pipeline. Perhaps Anaheim?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/