Thread: Morrissey VS Bowey VS Severson VS DeAngelo VS Ceci VS Sanehim VS Beaulieu

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Morrissey VS Bowey VS Severson VS DeAngelo VS Ceci VS Sanehim VS Beaulieu

Who do you take going forward? Keeper, no salary cap. Sim League re-rates every NHL season.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Morrissey VS Bowey VS Severson VS DeAngelo VS Ceci VS Sanehim VS Beaulieu

That depends on your league, stat categories, time span your expecting production from these players etc....too much info missing here

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Morrissey VS Bowey VS Severson VS DeAngelo VS Ceci VS Sanehim VS Beaulieu

Updated, sorry!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What's a sim league?
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Novice

Basically it's like Be a GM mode from the NHL game, but it's with 30 people and the games are simmed.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kyle528 View Post
    Basically it's like Be a GM mode from the NHL game, but it's with 30 people and the games are simmed.
    This sounds like a lot of fun!

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    This sounds like a lot of fun!
    My experience with sim leagues is that they are a lot of fun but after about 4-5 years, you need to reset the rosters, change the time period etc. (at least with the ones I've been apart of). The main difficulty is that it requires 30 GMs and they have to be extremely active. Things like suspensions, injuries etc are common occurrences and you have to set more than just active players...adjust lines, powerplay lines, penalty kills, try to find chemistry, manage a farm team...If you get the right group of guys they are very enjoyable, I keep looking for a new one to get into since my old sim league died out but its hard to find availabilities

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    My experience with sim leagues is that they are a lot of fun but after about 4-5 years, you need to reset the rosters, change the time period etc. (at least with the ones I've been apart of). The main difficulty is that it requires 30 GMs and they have to be extremely active. Things like suspensions, injuries etc are common occurrences and you have to set more than just active players...adjust lines, powerplay lines, penalty kills, try to find chemistry, manage a farm team...If you get the right group of guys they are very enjoyable, I keep looking for a new one to get into since my old sim league died out but its hard to find availabilities
    If you have a solid set of 10 guys.... would you be able to do one with just 10 guys? Or does the video game allow for that... I don't play, so I am not sure.

Dobber Sports Expert

Sorry bud, the thread god sidetracked a little. So back to the original post, how do your re-rates work and how is your team built now? Are you looking for defencemen who are more well rounded, do you need offensive flair, are specific player attributes important to your determination? Or are you just looking for the potential to have the best OV rating in your league?

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If you have a solid set of 10 guys.... would you be able to do one with just 10 guys? Or does the video game allow for that... I don't play, so I am not sure.
    I've never set one up so I can't honestly say but I think it works best with more GMs...to me you need to have a full league. Part of the fun of these leagues is trading 3rd and 4th liners that in regular fantasy have really no value. I feel with too shallow a GM pool, you have too many star players so that screws with cap management (so you have to raise the cap). The great thing with these leagues is you manage your teams and find values in the "blue collar" players. Everybody is not just after superstars and I find there is a substantial amount of trading.

Dobber Sports Novice

We're actually in the process of a 45-round inaugural draft with 30 people and it's been extremely active. I also run another keeper SIM league that's been going very well for almost two years now. I use the STHS client (http://sths.simont.info/) to run my leagues and I create my own Ratings file that is used by 10-20 other sim leagues. We have great guys in both leagues and always replace a guy that hasn't logged in in 2 months+.

Back to the post. It's currently Round #9 and all those guys are available. My D-Core is comprised of Hampus Lindholm and Oscar Klefbom. Going for a younger team than usual and hopefully getting a top 10 pick in the 2016 draft. Here's my roster so far with overalls, note that prospects who haven't played 10 NHL games are all 55OV;

xxx - Stamkos(78OV) - Stone(74OV)
    xxx - Granlund(71OV) - xxx
    xxx - Kuznetsov(67OV) - xxx
    xxx - xxx - xxx

Lindholm(75OV) - Klefbom(70OV)
    xxx - xxx
    xxx - xxx

Varlamov(84OV)
    xxx

Prospects: Fabbri (55OV)

Dobber Sports Expert

1) I would be interested in taking a further look if any openings come up...I love SIM leagues, would love to get back in one

More importantly 2) That makes it even tougher. This comes down to are you more worried about having this guy this year or can you wait a year. So really
    A: Ceci vs. Severson vs. Beaulieu
    against
    B: Morrissey vs. Bowey vs. DeAngelo vs. Sanheim

For A, I still think Beaulieu has the best ceiling of all the players listed. I think he's a surefire top pairing in the NHL and I like him better than the other two.
    For B, I rank them Bowey, Morrissey, Sanheim, DeAngelo...my justification here is based solely on having 2-way defencemen for sim leagues. DeAngelo maky have a higher offensive ceiling than the other 3 but the all-around game of the other 3 plays a larger factor to me. I don't think you can go wrong with Bowey or Morrissey but I lean Bowey here. He will be entering a great situation in Washington as well.

Dobber Sports Novice

1) We're currently all full in both leagues but if you fill out an application you'd be next in line. Here are the sites;

http://bardownsimulation.proboards.com/

http://topshelfsimulation.proboards.com/

2) I think I can wait a year, since my team won't quite be good enough to be a playoff team. Right now I'm leaning towards Bowey or Sanheim (I'm a Flyers fan). Only thing that scares me with Bowey is that Washington's D is stacked and I don't see him getting time for 2-3 seasons. Carlson, Niskanen, and Orpik are all signed 3+ years, then there's Alzner, Schmidt and Orlov who have been playing well this season. The same can be said about Sanheim as the Flyers defense was already jam packed before the addition of Provorov and Ghost's breakthrough. DeAngelo has had an outstanding AHL so far and Tampa may bring him up sooner than expected due to cap issues. Coburn likely won't be resigned, then again they have Hedman, Stralman, Garrison and Carle.

You can see why this is such a tough choice...