Thread: Offer McDavid++ for Johansen++ !

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Offer McDavid++ for Johansen++ !

Please help, torn on this one (which was offered to me)! I got a shot to get third or second (which is both still in the money). Still possible to get first but it's becoming a long shot. League in sig.

My McDavid, Trouba, Rielly
    His Johansen, Barrie, Faulk, + something like a pick

This is with the third last team. I might be able to swing his 1st (which would be in the lottery for Mathews); does that make a difference? I'm torn because I do want to win, but I went this far without McDavid and Price and I'm still in the running for at least third. I feel like Trouba and Rielly are ever so close to breaking out given the situation with both Buff and Phaneuf. Maybe not Trouba but it can only go up from here lol .

What would you do ?
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Offer McDavid++ for Johansen++ !

Your defence could use an upgrade, but reality is, it's McDavid. Ghost is going to help, Parayko could turn into a great piece as well, but McD >>> than Johansen. The first round pick isn't guranteed to net you Matthews either. Stick with what you got.

Dobber Sports Genius

No. 1000 times no. I cannot accurately express how intensely I am trying to communicate 'no'
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    No. 1000 times no. I cannot accurately express how intensely I am trying to communicate 'no'
    I completely agree with this. Johansen is such a down grade over McDavid and the slight upgrade in D (although there's an argument that the D changes are lateral) doesn't come close to making this a good move for you. If you're going to move McDavid, you need at least a Seguin / Benn / Crosby / Ovie plus a high end prospect as a starting point.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Stud

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!

Dobber Sports Expert

In a keeper league and you haven't even gone through the rookie season with your league's next MVP...don't make the deal.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm surprised at the ubiquitously emphatic and resounding "no" haha. Barrie and Faulk are huge upgrades over anyone I have besides OEL.

I'll politely decline. Thanks guys!

I did want to see what McDavid can do.. maybe he carries me to third anyways.
    12 team keeper

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Stud

See how Patrick Kane is scoring this year? McDavid is expected to start scoring like that in 2 years or so and keep scoring like that.

Why in God's name would you trade McDavid in a keeper league? Unless someone is offering a combo of Benn + Seguin for McDavid, keep him.
    He IS as good as they say he is. I know that is personal opinion
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    See how Patrick Kane is scoring this year? McDavid is expected to start scoring like that in 2 years or so and keep scoring like that.

Why in God's name would you trade McDavid in a keeper league? Unless someone is offering a combo of Benn + Seguin for McDavid, keep him.
    He IS as good as they say he is. I know that is personal opinion
    I understand what he is, that's why I traded for him in the first place lol.

The goal is to win though, and I didn't expect him to miss half the season. This trade might be enough on its own to get me back in the running for first. So like always it's risk vs. reward; but since it seems it's just not enough of a return, perhaps I should just eat the loss this year and go for it next year.
    12 team keeper

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Nikerato View Post
    I understand what he is, that's why I traded for him in the first place lol.

The goal is to win though, and I didn't expect him to miss half the season. This trade might be enough on its own to get me back in the running for first. So like always it's risk vs. reward; but since it seems it's just not enough of a return, perhaps I should just eat the loss this year and go for it next year.
    Why are you thinking of this now?
    Mcdavid is due to come back at the end of this month. What is the point of trading him when he will be back in 2-3 weeks
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Why are you thinking of this now?
    Mcdavid is due to come back at the end of this month. What is the point of trading him when he will be back in 2-3 weeks
    I wasn't really. I put McDavid on the block when he first got injured but got zero offers.

This was the first offer since so it took me by surprise. The Johansen side will still outscore the McDavid side the rest of the way here - which would increase my chances this year - so that's why I thought it was worth bringing up to see if others would decide to go for it or just stand pat.
    12 team keeper

2014-15 Champ