Thread: Craig Anderson vs Mrazek

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Craig Anderson vs Mrazek

our trade deadline is approaching, I have had some soft inquiries regarding the availability of Craig anderson ($1.5M). I could potentially move him with the hopes of opening cap space and bringing up Mrazek ($1M) to replace him. I currently have 1.25M in space.

currently sitting second overall and First in my division.

If i do move him I could open up space to address my defence and centre positions. team in signature. what are you thoughts ?
    12 Team Capped (Auction Style) H2H League
    G, A, +/-, W, SO, OTL
    20 player min, 23 Max. $60M Cap
    Start 12 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Kuznetsov , toffoli, staal, Turris
    W: Schwartz, Grandlund, Palat, Spooner, Rakell,
    D: Carlson, Hedman, Gostisbehere, Lindell, Maatta, Pieterangelo
    G: Lundqvist , Quick, Elliot
    Farm: Petan, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, AHO,
    4 Time HOLE Fantasy Hockey League Champion: 2011, 2013, 2015, & 2017

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Craig Anderson vs Mrazek

I would do it, you save cap space and you get a better goalie.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillyD. View Post
    I would do it, you save cap space and you get a better goalie.
    Hardly in this format. Anderson plays many more games which equals more Wins.

Dobber Sports Ace

This is one of the easiest questions on the forums ever.

This is a KEEPER league, Anderson is 34 years of age - Mrazek is 23 years of age.

Mrazek is just starting to take a grasp of the starter's role on a team that should remain competitive for awhile. Anderson is starting to decline and has some competition going forward.

For the record - Mrazek has 3 less wins than Anderson playing in 5 less games this year.

Mrazek's stats: 2.25 GAA .926 SV% vs Anderson's stats: 2.79 GAA .917 SV%

Your answer is Petr Mrazek.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post

This is a KEEPER league, Anderson is 34 years of age - Mrazek is 23 years of age.

Mrazek is just starting to take a grasp of the starter's role on a team that should remain competitive for awhile. Anderson is starting to decline and has some competition going forward.

For the record - Mrazek has 3 less wins than Anderson playing in 5 less games this year.

Look at his league settings - GAA and SV% are irrelevant. It's not guaranteed that Mrazek becomes their full-time starter and Anderson has at least 3+ years left of starting 60 games. Even in keeper leagues you don't just simply pick the younger player.

Given OP is second overall it doesn't make any sense to trade Anderson for a timeshare goalie.

The Great One

I think Ev didn't know how much Mrazek is playing.

3 less wins than Anderson and Anderson was playing practically every game when Hammond was hurt.

You lose a tiny bit this year and next, most likely, but you gain soooo much going forward. I would take this deal even if I was in the running.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd definitely grab Mrazek. He looks like the starter now

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Look at his league settings - GAA and SV% are irrelevant. It's not guaranteed that Mrazek becomes their full-time starter and Anderson has at least 3+ years left of starting 60 games. Even in keeper leagues you don't just simply pick the younger player.

Given OP is second overall it doesn't make any sense to trade Anderson for a timeshare goalie.
    Craig Anderson has played more than 60 games twice in his whole career, the last time being in 2011-2012.

"Even in keeper leagues you don't just simply pick the younger player." - Haha - nice one again captain obvious.

* Mrazek is a better goalie
    * He would be on your roster for a longer time and you would get more value out Mrazek than you would with Anderson
    * And most importantly - Detroit is better than Ottawa, meaning that Mrazek will get more wins.

Administrator

Mrazek for me.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

It's no longer a timeshare in Detroit, Mrazek is the clear #1 now, I say make the move.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Banned

Craig Anderson has played more than 60 games twice in his whole career, the last time being in 2011-2012.

"Even in keeper leagues you don't just simply pick the younger player." - Haha - nice one again captain obvious.

* Mrazek is a better goalie
    * He would be on your roster for a longer time and you would get more value out Mrazek than you would with Anderson
    * And most importantly - Detroit is better than Ottawa, meaning that Mrazek will get more wins.
    Really? It's debatable that he's a better goalie, I've seen a ton of both and both aren't stars but one is a good starter and the other is just a potential good starter. Mrzaek has less wins than Anderson right now and Detorit has a whopping one more win than Ottawa with a worse future outlook. Detroit has no stars on the backend and two veteran star forwards who are fading. Detroit is not impressive in the least in terms of future outlook in the shorterm IMO.

you are hoping that somehow detroits highest paid goalie will just be pushed to the curb. I would bet that Anderson gets more wins for the next two seasons at least but I'd say you would ***** out on that bet.

Remember fred Andersen? How'd that work out for everybody?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

going by the OP's post and his signature. Its not a question of who is the better keeper but who is the better own this year, he has mrazek on his farm team. I still say take mrazek for 2 reasons. He is cheaper then anderson for your salary cap, and if you choose mrazek, that means you can trade anderson for help elsewhere on your roster. You still have quick and luongo so mrazek would be #3 on your team, so if you can trade your 3rd stringer for help elsewhere on your roster and still have a solid #3 after that i say do it.
    Multi-Cat League G,A,P, PIMS,HITS,BLKS, SOG, PPP, GAA, Sv%, Wins
    15 Team Dynasty Salary cap league using AAV
    Active: 12 FWDS 6 Defence 2 Goalies
    Bench: 5
    Farm: 10

F: Larkin, Zibanejad, Gaudreau, Tavares, Laine, Lafreniere, Suzuki, Dach, Comtois, Glass, Zadina, Villardi, Mittlestadt, Virtanen, Saad
    D: Chychrun, Sergachev, Dumba, Ty Smith, OEL, Dermott, Brodie
    G:Rittich, Quick, Cal Petersen, Desmith

Farm: Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Podkolzin, Gunler, Drysdale, Byram, Askarov, Ukko-pekka Lukkonen, Dustin Wolf

2021 rookie Draft:: 4 1st rd picks

2022 draft: 6 1st rd picks

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I have to side with Big Ev on this one. Everyone is looking at Mrazek through rose-coloured glasses because of his recent play. If he starts to falter then he'll be on a short leash, and big contract Jimmy will be waiting in the wings to become relevant again.

Craig Anderson is definitely the safer play. He has the #1 job much more reliably locked down. Mrazek is already on your farm, so you don't need to take this risk just to save $0.5 million. Don't be a victim of making moves based on short-term success.

If you were not competing this year, my answer would be different, and I would say go ahead and move Anderson for future pieces. But right now there is absolutely no reason to take the risk.
    16 Team Keeper League. Head-to-Head. Daily moves. Keep 10. Roster 20. Keepers in Bold
    Positions: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2F, 5D, 1Skt, 2G, 4 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, PPP, PIM, SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW Goalies: W, GAA, SV%

C: MacKinnon, Couturier, Eriksson Ek, McCann (LW), Cizikas, Carrick
    LW: Kaprizov, J.T. Miller (C), J. Robertson, Colton (C)
    RW: Perron (LW), T. Moore
    D: Carlson, Ekblad, Letang, Dumba, Lindell, Siegenthaler
    G: Hellebuyck, Vejmelka

Prospects: Turcotte, Raty, Holtz, N. Robertson, M. Bourque, Lundkvist, Soderstrom, Sandin, Addison