Thread: keeper league in sig: trade Rinne for Bishop?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default keeper league in sig: trade Rinne for Bishop?

Just checking for popular opinion. I an offer for Rinne. He is getting older, but is guaranteed starts. Bishop may be a Stamkos casualty and they are testing vasi
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: keeper league in sig: trade Rinne for Bishop?

I feel you could get more for Rinne than just Bishop. I would asked for a draft pick upgrade or something else in return... You will have a competitive team in the future... and I think that Bishop might not be the goalie of the future in TB. He might get traded, and hopefully does... but there is risk associated with him.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

try and work a little more from them if you can but if you want Bishop I do beleive he will be the better goalie in a keeper league...Rinne is already declining and will be worse next season in my estimation.
    12 teams, Keep 14 players with a 2 goalie limit, Fantrax H2H, start 3 LW, 3 C, 3 RW, 6 D, 2 G with 7 bench and 1 IR.
    Categories: G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, Hits, and Blocks.
    Goalie Categories: W, GAA, SV%, and Shutouts.
    Center: T. Johnson, D. Krejci
    Left Wing: M. Pacioretty, A. Ovechkin, J. Huberdeau, N. Ehlers
    Right Wing: D. Backes
    Defense: E. Karlsson, P.K. Subban, D. Byfuglien, C. Parayko, D. Hamilton
    Goalies: C. Crawford, A. Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd keep Rinne. I still think he's a top 5 goalie

The Great One

Bishop really doesn't feel the love... Has posted some great numbers on a struggling team and now they are improving.. Well,... I think you can squeeze more but I think right now Bishop is the better own (and I also don't see him being a Stamkos casualty)

Dobber Sports Stud

Crowd seems split here

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think in keeper leagues, getting in front of a trend is a key to success. Rinne appears to be trending down with bad indicators (high mileage, age, previous hip surgery) and at some point you got to cut bait on the guy before everyone figures out he's lost his value. Getting Bishop would be a great trade IMHO.
    15 Year Rebuild - Turd Ferguson (commish)
    21/22 Keeper League - Fringe Hockey Division (commish)
    TwoMinutesForRoughing - Sunnyvale Samsquanches
    Vulcanized Rubber Dynasty - Midwest Pipeliners
    Potbelly Hockey - Middleclass Gangsters

Dobber Sports Demi-God

In a W-L pool, I'd prefer Bishop... as I think TB (with or without Stamkos) is a top three team in the East (WAS,NYR,TB - in their own class).
    TB has been banged up but their team is just too good, the wins will start coming.

Nashville will always have some issues fielding a top team with their still mid-market spending allowance.
    I like Rinne as an ELITE goalie still, but the team factor means they may be 5-7 wins back of TB per year, going forward.

I'd go with Bishop here if it weren't for Vasilevskiy.
    A lot will hinge on the upcoming playoffs for TB...
    Rinne has #5 NHL goalie upside (which we've seen) and #20 NHL goalie downside (he's there right now).
    Bishop, because of Vas, has #3 NHL goalie upside (if TB clicks on all gears and he puts Vas down), but if Vas rises, Bishop could be moved and that could be devastating.

It's a definite dilemma if a decision in a keeper.
    I'm torn.

I'd say... go with Bishop if you need upside to win a championship.
    Stay with Rinne if you just need a future rock in net to compete year-in, year-out.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    In a W-L pool, I'd prefer Bishop... as I think TB (with or without Stamkos) is a top three team in the East (WAS,NYR,TB - in their own class).
    TB has been banged up but their team is just too good, the wins will start coming.

Nashville will always have some issues fielding a top team with their still mid-market spending allowance.
    I like Rinne as an ELITE goalie still, but the team factor means they may be 5-7 wins back of TB per year, going forward.

Rinne has #5 NHL goalie upside (which we've seen) and #20 NHL goalie downside (he's there right now).
    Bishop, because of Vas, has #3 NHL goalie upside (if TB clicks on all gears and he puts Vas down), but if Vas rises, Bishop could be moved and that could be devastating.

I'm torn.

Stay with Rinne if you just need a future rock in net to compete year-in, year-out.
    Great advice from Peng as usual. One thing I would add - Nashville will have wins tougher to come by in the West, whereas TB will have the easier East to contend with
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

I'm torn.

Yeah, my team was rebuilt all year this year and went 0-8 every week until week 9. Since then I have knocked down 3 of the top 4 teams week after week lol.

But overall, it was a true rebuild where Rinne is the only guy left on my roster from the previous owner.

McDavid C

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like Bishop a lot, he doesn't get enough credit and if they can move carle in a drouin trade, Bishop won't need to be a casualty.

I would still ask for a bit of a plus given the win struggles for Bishop though. Although, Tampa is finally healthy now.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by jonsealey View Post
    I like Bishop a lot, he doesn't get enough credit and if they can move carle in a drouin trade, Bishop won't need to be a casualty.

I would still ask for a bit of a plus given the win struggles for Bishop though. Although, Tampa is finally healthy now.
    Hard with the no trade clause on Carle. Florida is the best state to play in due to low income taxes and is incredibly great weather. The only thing that really sucks in Florida is if you are the man in a divorce(Ex: Hulk Hogan's wife got around 75% of everything he owned. Which is why he sneakily sold his trademarks and rights to Bischoff for next to nothing before she filed for divorce when he saw the writing on the wall so he could buy them back for nothing).

McDavid C