Thread: 2nd Half Goalie Targets!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default 2nd Half Goalie Targets!

Hey all, wondering if anyone had any insight as to which goalies should see a better second half. Considering trading my surging Luongo and somewhat useful Griess while they have value. I can see Luongo getting rested for the Fantasy playoffs, which is always a concern.

Any ways, just thought it would be a fun discussion!

Thanks as always.
    Think like a man of action, and act like a man of thought.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: 2nd Half Goalie Targets!

I think Florida will battle for a playoff spot in the East, where a lot of teams will be in range for a spot through to the last game of season.
    For that reason, I'd keep Luongo who may play every game if the Cats are chasing a spot.

As for general 2nd half value...
    Nashville should ride Rinne for almost every game, I like him.
    Lundqvist may be in a small buy-low window... but eventually NYR will figure it out.
    Rask is still a nice buy low for BOS, depends on whether the owner likes him, obv.

For super-value on the cheap, Mike Smith (IR-ARI) can be stashed in a lot of league.
    ARI, with the youth, will get better daily.
    Pavelec (WPG) may also be available in some league at a super-cheap price... and WPG just isn't winning enough right now.
    I think OTT will rally nicely in 2nd half - and Craig Anderson could be good value.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Pavelec (WPG) may also be available in some league at a super-cheap price... and WPG just isn't winning enough right now.
    Hehe, that is because they lose pretty everytime Hutch is in nets. Hellebuyck (8-4, 2.01 GAA, 0.929 SV%, 1 SO) should be on that list because he is playing great when he gets the nod (he has gotten it more often then not in the past month). But ya, the Jets do need to figure out their game; they have too good of a team to warrant their current record!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm thinking maybe Bobrovsky and Varlamov?
    One Year Roto. 12 teams
    Cats: Goals (Weighted Twice) Assists(Weighted Twice), SOG, Power Play Points.
    Goalie Cats: Wins, GAA, SV %, Shutouts

Positions: 7 Forwards, 3 D, 2 goalies

F A Matthews
    F Laine
    F Kuznetzov
    F Monahan
    F Petterson
    F Duchene
    F Granlund
    D Krug
    D Yandle
    D Werenski

G Vasilevsky
    G Luongo/ Quick

Bench: Nylander, Tuch, T Wilson, Oshie, C. Miller, C Peterson

Dobber Sports Stud

Thinking of trading Crow too!

Dobber Sports Stud

There are the obvious #1 goalies who should rebound after sub-par performances: Rinne, Bobrovsky, Lundqvist, etc.
    A couple of dark horses that could be cheap to acquire are Ramo and Mrazek...
    Especially the latter, he's been starting many games lately and has outplayed Jimmy Howard in net.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm not buying in on a Rinne bounce back. I think that this is one of his average seasons. We're half-way in and he's shown no indication he's going to rebound other than the odd good outing every now and then. Keep an eye on Vasilevskiy in the event Bishop goes down as he tends to do. That's about as dark horsey as you get I think. Most other guys are already on rosters or there is a reason why they are still on waivers.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    I'm not buying in on a Rinne bounce back. I think that this is one of his average seasons.
    Yes but as Pengwin said, he will be heavily relied on in the next few months. Nashville should gel more (simply because of the talent on their team and the playoff implications closing in). It takes only a couple of weeks of solid play on his part to return to his regular numbers. Had he been playing for a team out of contention like the Sabres or the Canes, I would agree that it would be less likely for him to turn things around. However, tending for a healthy Nashville squad, Rinne can hit impressive numbers down the road.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm not a Rinne guy. I think that his elite seasons (2....maybe 3) are outnumbered by his pedestrian seasons. It might be as simple as he's putting too much pressure on himself to be perfect because the team isn't scoring but I just think that, and his stats back this up, he usually runs hot and cold every other season. This might just be the average season for him.