Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Rumors] Nugent-Hopkins for a Nashville d-man?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: [Rumors] Nugent-Hopkins for a Nashville d-man?

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Only if the Preds can make one of these deals we are talking about here and really get their act together. Otherwise, I'm not so smitten with this team.
    I agree that the Preds need another top forward but I don't think it's if they make a deal, more when and for who are they going to make a deal. Like it would be great if they went after Johansen or Nuge but just stupid if they went after someone like E. Staal

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I agree that the Preds need another top forward but I don't think it's if they make a deal, more when and for who are they going to make a deal. Like it would be great if they went after Johansen or Nuge but just stupid if they went after someone like E. Staal
    The difference here is that it'll cost an NHL piece to acquire Johansen or Nuge. Staal will be available for non-roster pieces. Addition without subtraction. He still won't be what they hope for but you can't really acquire top line solutions without giving something off the main roster.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

The difference here is that it'll cost an NHL piece to acquire Johansen or Nuge. Staal will be available for non-roster pieces. Addition without subtraction. He still won't be what they hope for but you can't really acquire top line solutions without giving something off the main roster.
    It will cost a lot but I don't see how Poille doesn't do it. Riberio can't be your first line center forever, and he's not that great of a first line center

Administrator

It will cost a lot but I don't see how Poille doesn't do it. Riberio can't be your first line center forever, and he's not that great of a first line center
    Mike Fisher is their top centerman. I don't think there's any hurry to go for it in Nashville. They've made those deals in the past and it hasn't made the difference. This team has to remain competitive to stay afloat. I think they are fine being bridesmaids every year since it makes them profitable and they've clearly hit on a nice strategy of building through their defense. There's a really good floor with this strategy.

Dobber Sports Genius

This is insanity! Ekholm gets you Antoine Vermette, not Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This is insanity! Ekholm gets you Antoine Vermette, not Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
    More like a bag of pucks gets you Vermette lol

Dobber Sports Sage

More like a bag of pucks gets you Vermette lol
    Then those must be pucks made of gold. He cost a 1st and a young dman (Stahbeck) at last year's deadline.

In last year's playoffs, Vermette had a couple GWGs including an OT winner. He combined with Sharp and Teravainen to make a dominant 3rd line. He was also great at the dot. Not sure Chicago wins the Cup without Vermette.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Then those must be pucks made of gold. He cost a 1st and a young dman (Stahbeck) at last year's deadline.

In last year's playoffs, Vermette had a couple GWGs including an OT winner. He combined with Sharp and Teravainen to make a dominant 3rd line. He was also great at the dot. Not sure Chicago wins the Cup without Vermette.
    That may have been one of the most win-win deals ever completed at the deadline. A huge haul for Vermette who then returns to Arizona in the off-season, Dahlbeck already a fixture on the blueline and Nick Merkley added to the deep prospect coffers. Meanwhile, Blackhawks get another Cup.

Dobber Sports Sage

That may have been one of the most win-win deals ever completed at the deadline. A huge haul for Vermette who then returns to Arizona in the off-season, Dahlbeck already a fixture on the blueline and Nick Merkley added to the deep prospect coffers. Meanwhile, Blackhawks get another Cup.
    Flags fly forever!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't think Chiarelli makes a deal for RNH unless an offer comes along that he can't refuse, from Nashville that would be one of the "big 3".

For all the Oilers losing they are still in an evaluation year in my mind. It's Chiarelli's first year so he wants to see what he has, McDavid's injury ended any slim chance they have to make the playoffs so he's in absolutely no rush. Before Chiarelli can even consider dealing RNH he needs to be absolutely certain that McDavid and Draisitl are his 1-2 for the next 5+ seasons, yes Leon has been great but he isn't even 40 games into the season yet so Chia wants to make sure he has staying power before dealing what was his #1 centre less than a year ago. Further, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having depth at centre in the NHL, Chia would love to keep all 3 but is willing to move RNH for a big improvement at D.

The Nashville-Edmonton trading partner scenario has been discussed ad naseum for many years with the Oilers needing D and the Predators needing skilled forwards, forever the Oiler didn't have enough C's so the trade talk was limited. Know, the Oilers may have a C they are willing to deal but it would require the Preds to be willing to send a quality asset back. Given that Nashville likely has playoff aspirations this season, and the Oilers realistically don't I think Nashville is going to have to offer one of the big-3 if they want to get RNH. Nashville trying to get a #1 C but saying their top-3 D are untouchable is like the guy who asks for Ovechkin but says you can't have the top-3 guys on his team and offers up a bunch of spare parts for your star.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

I get that RNH doesn't equal Seth Jones, but I wonder if Draisaitl would? He's got or will have the size that everyone seems to covet at C and seriously, keeping RNH as your #2C wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I get that RNH doesn't equal Seth Jones, but I wonder if Draisaitl would? He's got or will have the size that everyone seems to covet at C and seriously, keeping RNH as your #2C wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
    I think a Draisaitl for Jones trade would be very fair but I don't think Edmonton would go for it

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think a Draisaitl for Jones trade would be very fair but I don't think Edmonton would go for it
    Meh, it's a matter of need. Edmonton needs a #1D more than 3 x very good C.

Honestly, Edmonton just needs to be patient. I believe Nashville has an internal cap and this summer, both Fill ('er up) Forsberg and Seth Jones will be RFA. They are likely not going for bridge deals, but I could be wrong. Patience is the word (again!).

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Meh, it's a matter of need. Edmonton needs a #1D more than 3 x very good C.

Honestly, Edmonton just needs to be patient. I believe Nashville has an internal cap and this summer, both Fill ('er up) Forsberg and Seth Jones will be RFA. They are likely not going for bridge deals, but I could be wrong. Patience is the word (again!).
    I agree, I feel like it's going to happen but both teams are waiting