Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Rumors] Nugent-Hopkins for a Nashville d-man?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: [Rumors] Nugent-Hopkins for a Nashville d-man?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I would be surprised if Edmonton did this but again, just my opinion. Edmonton doesn't need more picks/prospects. They need immediate help and while Ekholm offers an improvement to some of their bottom pairings, he isn't the top, high end D that someone like RNH should bring them.
    I think if Edmonton traded Nuge, like you said, they'd be looking for a true #1 defenseman but Nashville doesn't seem like they want to give up one of their top three. I think eventually both sides will cave in because I don't see where else Edmonton will get their defenseman from. Maybe Hamonic but he's not as valuable as Nuge

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I think if Edmonton traded Nuge, like you said, they'd be looking for a true #1 defenseman
    I don't know that the Nuge is a true #1C and generally there are as many of those as there are true #1 Dmen, so hoping he might bring in said #1D might be optimistic.

Yes the RNH has skill, but a true #1C is better than 46% on faceoffs and can break the 60pt barrier... Temper your expectations Oilers fans.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I have no more insight on this than anyone else around here; simply voicing my opinion. God I hope the dont trade RNH for Ellis.
    That would be a huge mistake for Edmonton!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    I don't know that the Nuge is a true #1C and generally there are as many of those as there are true #1 Dmen, so hoping he might bring in said #1D might be optimistic.

Yes the RNH has skill, but a true #1C is better than 46% on faceoffs and can break the 60pt barrier... Temper your expectations Oilers fans.
    I know it's easy to forget but he's still only 22 years old. The faceoff portion of playing center is one of the hardest to adapt for a lot of these kids and he's still learning.

He's the #1C on Edmonton and I'd venture to say if he got traded to Nashville, he'd be their #1C as well.

He'll grow as he ages and the experience will come. Not every young center who plays in the NHL is a great face off guy; very few I'd say.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

If I'm Nash, I don't trade Jones for RNH. I would try to trade Weber for a center first. They can absorb that hit by promoting from within and then use that salary for Jones and Forsberg.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

If I'm Edmonton, I'd gladly take Weber and his contract for RNH.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    If I'm Nash, I don't trade Jones for RNH. I would try to trade Weber for a center first. They can absorb that hit by promoting from within and then use that salary for Jones and Forsberg.
    I think Nashville would be better off pursuing Johansen from the Jackets... but it is hard to trade away Weber so they may not be able to stomach the move
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Administrator

I think Nashville would be better off pursuing Johansen from the Jackets... but it is hard to trade away Weber so they may not be able to stomach the move
    Face it, the Kings are definitely going to scoop Johansen as part of their bi-annually trade-raping of the Jackets.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Face it, the Kings are definitely going to scoop Johansen as part of their bi-annually trade-raping of the Jackets.
    Johansen for Greene and Pearson. And maybe a second round pick. You heard it here first folks!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I laughed because this is funny... then I felt sad because it is probably true. What odds can I get for the Kings winning the cup right now?
    /S

Victoria DH

Dobber Sports Genius

I laughed because this is funny... then I felt sad because it is probably true. What odds can I get for the Kings winning the cup right now?
    4-1 the Kings win the Cup. It doesn't hurt that their in the worst division in hockey

Administrator

4-1 the Kings win the Cup. It doesn't hurt that their in the worst division in hockey
    I was able to snag them at 12/1. Not their lowest point but they were 11/1 coming into the year so there was value.

Dobber Sports Sage

LA will have a more difficult 1st round opponent coming from the Central than they will when they play in the 2nd round.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

LA will have a more difficult 1st round opponent coming from the Central than they will when they play in the 2nd round.
    True, I figured though if they get past the first round, the second round should be an easy victory

Administrator

Only if the Preds can make one of these deals we are talking about here and really get their act together. Otherwise, I'm not so smitten with this team.