Thread: Kassian vs. Scrivens

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Kassian vs. Scrivens

Strong rumor in Montreal.

Zach Kassian would be traded to Edmonton for Scrivens.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Kassian vs. Scrivens

Seems like a good deal for both sides and a case of two players who might be able to do some good with a change of scenery. Also, both are pending free agents so no longterm risk.

The Oilers would gladly give Scrivens away for free and the Habs probably like the idea of having an actual former NHL goalie given Price's injuries. Also, a trade is th only way Scrivens sees the NHL this season. Kassian probably also needs a new city to try and re-set himself personally and get his career back on track.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Genius

I've heard the rumor a lot lately and I can see it happening. Both guys are low risk and could use a change of teams

Dobber Sports Genius

Can Scrivens score goals? I mean how is he an upgrade to Condon or Tokarski on a team scoring less than 2 goals a game?

Nonetheless, getting something in return of Kassian would be a good deal I imagine....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Pro

Given his performance over the past two seasons, I don't see how Scrivens could help the Habs.

The Great One

But given his performance behind defensively conscious teams....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Edmonton is a goalie graveyard, see Dubnyk, so Scrivens can be a good option for a team in need for a goalie. But is really goaltending the problem in Montreal?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rato View Post
    Edmonton is a goalie graveyard, see Dubnyk, so Scrivens can be a good option for a team in need for a goalie. But is really goaltending the problem in Montreal?
    I am a firm believer in the statement: "If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem". I don't see either of Condon or Tokarski as part of the solution. Is Scrivens part of the solution? I honestly don't know. His numbers in the AHL aren't that great. Hard to say how he would fare in Montreal but I don't think he would be any worse than what they are currently running out there. If they could get him for a guy like Kassian (who they seem to have given up on at this point) then I don't see the harm. His salary is higher but maybe they get the Oilers to eat some of it too.

At the end of the day, I don't see this as a loss for either side. It appears both players would love a new opportunity with a new team. Maybe it works out for both the teams and players involved.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Genius

If Scrivens can put up numbers like he did in Los Angeles, he can't hurt the Canadiens

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    If Scrivens can put up numbers like he did in Los Angeles, he can't hurt the Canadiens
    As a guy who plays goalie in beer leagues, I could put up those types of numbers playing behind that defensive corps in LA.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    As a guy who plays goalie in beer leagues, I could put up those types of numbers playing behind that defensive corps in LA.
    I doubt he can repeat the .930 SV%'s he posted in L.A., but I think it showed that he can be at least an average goalie

Dobber Sports Titan

the AHL team didn't even want Kassian to play for them. I think this is a move to get a player out of their system and to bring in a goalie of any sort.

Also makes it seem like Price isn't really that close
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Also makes it seem like Price isn't really that close
    I think it definitely show that Price might be out longer than expected