Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Round 16 discussion

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Round 16 discussion

hey guys, i succesfully snuck away for a week\'s vacation without missing a draft pick... good stuff. happy to see the progress while I was away, and can\'t wait to see how this schedule moves along.

regarding the supp draft:

i\'m inexperienced with salary leagues, so i don\'t know how necessary a soft cap is to helping teams \"go for it\" for a year.

my gut says that option 3 would be easiest - $1000 hard cap.

however, i think that a Jan 1st soft cap - raising the total cap to 1250 for all teams - is a good compromise.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Damn you Chic, i wanted Hutchinson. i let him go for Koistinen, which i think is a good choice. Im excited to get this draft underway tonight and beyond.

As for the salary cap situtaion, i am fine with just FA pickups or a Soft cap at Jan 1...whatever the majority leads to.
    2014-15 - 12TM ESPN H2H - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SHG,GWG,Hat,Hit,Blk - W,GA,SV,SHO

F: Rick Nash, Stepan, Hornqvist, Gaborik, Voracek, Kesler, Vrbata, Versteeg
    D: E. Karlsson, Josi, Pietrangelo
    G: Lundqvist(IR), Holtby.

Dobber Sports Pro

Sorry to interrupt the voting...but now that we\'re getting down to the dregs..

Is there a site with a listing of all the NHL players that have signed in Europe/Russia? Might be a good idea to check there and here prior to making a pick.

Thanks,
    Cory
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Here ya go

LINK

I just started this thread because i needed this information last night actually for something else. Here is a list, and if you guys could please help get it more up-to-date/complete that would be greatly appreciated.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Rad64 wrote:
    Option 2 or 3. I assume, Option 2 will also mean we can pickup FA in Yahoo as soon as the league is set up.

No matter what option we go with, FA picks will start as soon as the league is up and running in Yahoo.

I will give everyone a starting date and time so that no one has an advantage.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

Hey Comish... way to quickly erase that premature selection, I saw that :silly:
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Pro

notubble wrote:
    Here ya go

LINK

I just started this thread because i needed this information last night actually for something else. Here is a list, and if you guys could please help get it more up-to-date/complete that would be greatly appreciated.
    Sweet!

Pro(23) Keep(17)
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson

Dobber Sports Ninja

mapletreemarty wrote:
    Hey Comish... way to quickly erase that premature selection, I saw that :silly:
    Dammit Maple, can\'t get anything by you:laugh:

I hope that bleedblue didn\'t see it!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Comish or Crazy, can one of you sticky my thread in NHL Discussion, it is a list of NHL players that are signed in Europe...i think it will be helpful for the next couple months (ie, keepers, drafts, etc.)

Thanks

Dobber Sports Giant

notubble wrote:
    Damn you Chic, i wanted Hutchinson. i let him go for Koistinen, which i think is a good choice. Im excited to get this draft underway tonight and beyond.

As for the salary cap situtaion, i am fine with just FA pickups or a Soft cap at Jan 1...whatever the majority leads to.
    Sorry bro!

He was on my list, but with all the hype since Meszaros trade, I had no choice to grab him now and you telling me that you wanted him make me think it was the right time.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The Comish wrote:
    There is no \"change\" to the rules. We needed to settle on HOW to implement the extra $250. It was discussed, but never settled.

Holding a supplemental draft immediately following our draft would seem to favour those big spenders. Even the supplemental draft is not mentioned in the rules, but I see the potential for chaos and want to avoid it if possible.

When the extra money was initially discussed, it was supposed to be for making a finishing push, not for fixing draft deficiencies, which is what I see happening if we allow the \"drafting\" of additional players immediately following the draft.

I re-read the rule as it was written and it says \"After the draft, teams can go over...\", so I see where you are coming from. It doesn\'t say when after the draft, but one could certainly interpret that as immediately following the draft.

This is my fault for letting it go on so long. I\'d like to settle this to everyone\'s satisfaction and focus on the final rounds of the draft.

Yours (Noriculous) is the only objection so far. I\'m going to think about our options some more.

1) Supplemental Draft immediately following the draft (not in rules)
    2) Increase $250 on Jan 1st (not in rules)
    3) No Supp Draft, Allow FA Pickups once setup in Yahoo
    I am fine with any option. Option 3 is the way I expected the league to run. A rush on players is annoying for the Comish I\'m sure - how about just having a 24 hour waiver period after the draft so that everything runs a little smoother (and probably simpler than the supp draft). Option 1 is an ok option to deal with the annoyance of the rush. and option 2 benefits me the most :unsure:
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Pro

Chicleteur wrote:
    notubble wrote:

Sorry bro!

He was on my list, but with all the hype since Meszaros trade, I had no choice to grab him now and you telling me that you wanted him make me think it was the right time.
    It was a toss up between Hutch and a LW\'r. Hopefully Comeau makes the second line. Figured Comeau was more of a sure bet at this stage...

Pro(23) Keep(17)
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The Comish wrote:
    Rad64 wrote:
    Option 2 or 3. I assume, Option 2 will also mean we can pickup FA in Yahoo as soon as the league is set up.

No matter what option we go with, FA picks will start as soon as the league is up and running in Yahoo.

I will give everyone a starting date and time so that no one has an advantage.
    I thought you said the idea was to prevent this FA rush as soon as the draft is over.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Noriculous wrote:
    I thought you said the idea was to prevent this FA rush as soon as the draft is over.
    The rush would come from the extra $250. If we don\'t get the extra money, I doubt there will be a rush for the 751st player within the $1000 cap. We would have had 25 chances to take any FA\'s. The only reason we wouldn\'t have is the lack of a salary cap.

If we proceed with the supplemental draft with an extra $250 immediately following the draft, then teams that spent wildly (me included) will have another opportunity to solidify their teams. Then what was the point of a $1000 cap if it\'s in effect for only for a day or two? Doesn\'t make much sense to me.

The discussion has run it\'s course. A decision is needed NOW. Upon MUCH reflection, I have decided that the extra $250 will take effect Jan 1st. It is more in line with the reasoning for having a soft cap in the first place - making a playoff push.

As team 30, Noriculous will retain top waiver priority, then team 29 and so on down to team 1. The way our pool is set up, I will have to monitor the waiver requests (3 separate Yahoo pools makes for a tricky waiver wire activity).

I realize that this will not be agreed upon by everyone, but this falls into the category of rule clarification instead of rule change and makes the most sense to me.

Dobber Sports Initiate

sounds good to me...