Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16 discussion

Dobber Sports Star

Default Round 16 discussion

Hey SD... Tootoo has already been taken I\'m pretty sure by Pensfan in Round 15...
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Giant

mapletreemarty wrote:
    Hey SD... Tootoo has already been taken I\'m pretty sure by Pensfan in Round 15...
    Yep that\'s right!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

BSB has selected Ben Eager, however he posted in the summary thread. So i Believe Rad is up, but also on vacation.
    2014-15 - 12TM ESPN H2H - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SHG,GWG,Hat,Hit,Blk - W,GA,SV,SHO

F: Rick Nash, Stepan, Hornqvist, Gaborik, Voracek, Kesler, Vrbata, Versteeg
    D: E. Karlsson, Josi, Pietrangelo
    G: Lundqvist(IR), Holtby.

Dobber Sports Ace

damn rad hope he bounce back up to me...
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Rad64 wrote:
    I believe the sup draft is going on. I wonder if the Comish made a ruling on the issue when the cap rises to $1250.

a) Right after the draft finishes
    or
    b) January 1st, 2009.
    Hi guys,

I\'m just back from my friend\'s wedding. I was thinking on this issue (it was a very long drive!), and the more I think about it, the better I like the idea of going to a soft cap on Jan 1st.

There would definitely be less of a rush as teams would have already sorted themselves out and many of the best free agents will have been taken already.

That would make a supplemental draft pointless and closer to what I was trying to do in the first place. This wasn\'t supposed to be a 30 round draft and it would favour the big spending teams, which isn\'t really fair to the guys who have purposely left money for FA picks.

Unless anyone has strong objections and can convince me otherwise, I\'d like to make that rule final. I will send an email out as well.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The Comish wrote:
    Rad64 wrote:
    I believe the sup draft is going on. I wonder if the Comish made a ruling on the issue when the cap rises to $1250.

a) Right after the draft finishes
    or
    b) January 1st, 2009.
    Hi guys,

I\'m just back from my friend\'s wedding. I was thinking on this issue (it was a very long drive!), and the more I think about it, the better I like the idea of going to a soft cap on Jan 1st.

There would definitely be less of a rush as teams would have already sorted themselves out and many of the best free agents will have been taken already.

That would make a supplemental draft pointless and closer to what I was trying to do in the first place. This wasn\'t supposed to be a 30 round draft and it would favour the big spending teams, which isn\'t really fair to the guys who have purposely left money for FA picks.

Unless anyone has strong objections and can convince me otherwise, I\'d like to make that rule final. I will send an email out as well.
    My objection would be that you can\'t change the rules 1/2 way in. Even if I think it is a good idea, we are 16 rounds too late to make a change like this. In all fairness, no rule change should affect this year because the \"season\" has started.

That\'s my 2 cents.

Dobber Sports Pro

NordiqueFan wrote:
    damn rad hope he bounce back up to me...
    I hope the commitment to youth helps me out with this one! Comeau may have a good shot at second line minutes...
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Ninja

The supplemental draft was not set in stone, it was an idea I came up with to try and alleviate an anticipated rush on free agent picks once we were allocated our extra $250.

How it was to be implemented had been discussed, but never agreed upon (even though I compiled a schedule, it was never officially made a rule).

I don\'t think anyone was making draft plans based on discussions on how the implementation of the extra $250 was to be done.

This was obviously something that should have been settled prior to us starting drafting, but it was overlooked. I truly don\'t think anyone will be affected by this clarification.

I would like to hear the reasoning if someone objects. We were given $1000 cap to draft and were told that it will go up to $1250. Unfortunately, the only issue was that the implementation of the extra money was never nailed down.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The Comish wrote:
    The supplemental draft was not set in stone, it was an idea I came up with to try and alleviate an anticipated rush on free agent picks once we were allocated our extra $250.

How it was to be implemented had been discussed, but never agreed upon (even though I compiled a schedule, it was never officially made a rule).

I don\'t think anyone was making draft plans based on discussions on how the implementation of the extra $250 was to be done.

This was obviously something that should have been settled prior to us starting drafting, but it was overlooked. I truly don\'t think anyone will be affected by this clarification.

I would like to hear the reasoning if someone objects. We were given $1000 cap to draft and were told that it will go up to $1250. Unfortunately, the only issue was that the implementation of the extra money was never nailed down.
    I assumed it was settled because since it is unthinkable to change rules once the draft starts and it was the last way (right after the draft) it was discussed.

Dobber Sports Ace

have no problem with soft cap apply at 1st january. And i\'m in the 1 tier of spender in the draft since the beginning so probably i will have find some place to pick some guy with the extra money
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Ninja

There is no \"change\" to the rules. We needed to settle on HOW to implement the extra $250. It was discussed, but never settled.

Holding a supplemental draft immediately following our draft would seem to favour those big spenders. Even the supplemental draft is not mentioned in the rules, but I see the potential for chaos and want to avoid it if possible.

When the extra money was initially discussed, it was supposed to be for making a finishing push, not for fixing draft deficiencies, which is what I see happening if we allow the \"drafting\" of additional players immediately following the draft.

I re-read the rule as it was written and it says \"After the draft, teams can go over...\", so I see where you are coming from. It doesn\'t say when after the draft, but one could certainly interpret that as immediately following the draft.

This is my fault for letting it go on so long. I\'d like to settle this to everyone\'s satisfaction and focus on the final rounds of the draft.

Yours (Noriculous) is the only objection so far. I\'m going to think about our options some more.

1) Supplemental Draft immediately following the draft (not in rules)
    2) Increase $250 on Jan 1st (not in rules)
    3) No Supp Draft, Allow FA Pickups once setup in Yahoo

Dobber Sports Master

Option 3 for me aswell.
    I think a hard cap of $1000 is the way to go as that is what I understood before the draft started.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Giant

Good morning guys!

I was away all the weekend, so give me 30-45 minutes and I\'ll put my pick in.

It\'s nice to see we\'re almost one day ahead!

Dobber Sports Ace

go for option 2 in my case
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Pro

Option 2 or 3. I assume, Option 2 will also mean we can pickup FA in Yahoo as soon as the league is set up.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta