Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16 discussion

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Round 16 discussion

Not that close it would seem... I thought I would pick tonight.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I just wanted to insert the Sept draft schedule in this thread. [file name=Final_Dynasty_Draft_Times-dab78dc786fc39b6093645a047a9e588.xls size=22016]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/files/Final_Dynasty_Draft_Times-dab78dc786fc39b6093645a047a9e588.xls[/file]
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Is it a bad sign that I wake up with Dynasty league ideas? This morning I woke up with an idea to address the whole soft cap issue. What if as soon as the draft concludes, all FA players have their salary doubled? This may address the issue of GMs abusing the waiver wire to fill out their team since each of those guys would count double what they would have had they been acquired during the draft. Just a thought (a hazy, half asleep, dreamworld thought)
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Master

this may be real stupid but I don\'t understand the reasoning behind the supplimentary draft.

I can draft an extra $250 worth of players but need to be back to $1000 when the season starts. I\'m just gonna pick up players and then drop them again.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Master

Just heard that we stay at $1250 until next season, if thats true lets go forward with this sup. draft
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Apprentice

yeah, we stay at 1250 all year. The sup draft was set up because Comish expects a flood of waiver requests after the draft and wanted some structure to keep it under control

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

Dobber Sports Giant

Have we settle on a date for the supp. draft? I think most of the people were saying Jan 1st and I think it makes sense.

I can\'t wait for Sept 2nd to start this engine again! However, it\'ll give me some time to do some re-work on my list.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

the supp draft schedule is in the Comish\'s email...Oct 1 & 2

Dobber Sports Giant

pensfan wrote:
    I know, but if I recall properly, some people mentionned that it should be better to do it later on in the season and Comish said he would appreciate comments about this.

Dobber Sports Master

would like to have an answer to prepare for the draft over the weekend.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Pro

I believe the sup draft is going on. I wonder if the Comish made a ruling on the issue when the cap rises to $1250.

a) Right after the draft finishes
    or
    b) January 1st, 2009.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Chicleteur wrote:
    pensfan wrote:
    I know, but if I recall properly, some people mentionned that it should be better to do it later on in the season and Comish said he would appreciate comments about this.
    maybe we do need clarification. My take on the discussion was that we may wait to implement the soft cap (although this may be difficult since the rule is established and may be difficult to get unanimous approval to change). if we wait till Jan 1 to raise the cap we likely won\'t need a supplimental draft to handle the \'rush\'. I think we are going ahead with the soft cap effective right after the draft and the supplimental draft as scheduled for Oct 1 & 2. If we can not trade or use the IR yet I don\'t expect that many teams will participate....

Comish, what is the rule for players dropped during the supplimental draft? If the guy after me drops someone I want do I have to cross my fingers and hope that player gets back to me (58 picks later ) or are all the drops done up front or is there some other way this can be handled? The most fair way may be to make these players off limits until after the sup draft. Is this too complicated?

Dobber Sports Ace

pensfan wrote:
    Chicleteur wrote:
    pensfan wrote:
    maybe we do need clarification. My take on the discussion was that we may wait to implement the soft cap (although this may be difficult since the rule is established and may be difficult to get unanimous approval to change). if we wait till Jan 1 to raise the cap we likely won\'t need a supplimental draft to handle the \'rush\'. I think we are going ahead with the soft cap effective right after the draft and the supplimental draft as scheduled for Oct 1 & 2. If we can not trade or use the IR yet I don\'t expect that many teams will participate....

Comish, what is the rule for players dropped during the supplimental draft? If the guy after me drops someone I want do I have to cross my fingers and hope that player gets back to me (58 picks later ) or are all the drops done up front or is there some other way this can be handled? The most fair way may be to make these players off limits until after the sup draft. Is this too complicated?
    I think you\'re trying too hard dude.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Nehithaw wrote:
    pensfan wrote:
    Chicleteur wrote:
    pensfan wrote:

yeah...friday afternoon before a long weekend...I guess I should have been working instead of dicking around on dobber...

Dobber Sports Star

pensfan wrote:
    Nehithaw wrote:
    pensfan wrote:
    Chicleteur wrote:
    pensfan wrote:

yeah...friday afternoon before a long weekend...I guess I should have been working instead of dicking around on dobber...
    Wrong, and wrong... you shouldn\'t have been dicking around on dobber, or working... you should have been DRINKING B)
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg