Thread: Does M.Hutchinson need to clear waivers to be sent to AHL?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Does M.Hutchinson need to clear waivers to be sent to AHL?

The question is there: When Pavelec is gonna come back, should they keep Helleybuck in Winnipeg, does M.Hutchinson need to clear waivers to be sent to the AHL?

I'm looking for a goalie option since Mason is killing my chance of competing right now. I think of downgrading him on reserve and use my last waiver claim of the year to draft Helleybuck. I'm confident that he proves he is the best bet as #1 for the Jets making the playoffs.

But if Hutchinson needs to clear waivers to be sent to the AHL, then it's an automatic that Helleybuck will be sent down instead and my last move would only help for a month or so. I know I take a risk anyway since he's not a proven #1 yet, but the odds of Helleybuck sticking with the team are not the same if Hutchinson needs to clear waivers.

Thanks for your help whoever has the answer to my question.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Does M.Hutchinson need to clear waivers to be sent to AHL?

Pretty sure Hutch would need to clear waivers, yes.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yes, he would need to go through waivers.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yes, waivers would need to be cleared for Hutch to join the Moose!! Pavelec could be put on a conditioning stint with Moose though whenever he is ready to come back..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Stencil View Post
    The question is there: When Pavelec is gonna come back, should they keep Helleybuck in Winnipeg, does M.Hutchinson need to clear waivers to be sent to the AHL?

I'm looking for a goalie option since Mason is killing my chance of competing right now. I think of downgrading him on reserve and use my last waiver claim of the year to draft Helleybuck. I'm confident that he proves he is the best bet as #1 for the Jets making the playoffs.

But if Hutchinson needs to clear waivers to be sent to the AHL, then it's an automatic that Helleybuck will be sent down instead and my last move would only help for a month or so. I know I take a risk anyway since he's not a proven #1 yet, but the odds of Helleybuck sticking with the team are not the same if Hutchinson needs to clear waivers.

It is only automatic that Hellebuyck gets sent down if the Jets care if Hutchinson gets picked up or not.

Dobber Sports Novice

Look at Neuvirth if he's available in your league. I think the Flyers will go with him until he falters, then they'll look back to Mason. Problem is, he's probably gone by now.
    Salary Cap Dynasty - 20 Teams - H2H Categories - Daily Starts
    3L, 3C, 3R, 6D, 1G, 1 UTIL, 6B, 3IR
    G, A, Points, STP, +/-, Hits, Blocks
    W, GAA, SV%, SV

C - Monahan, Toews, Stamkos
    LW - Baertschi, M. Johansson, E Kane,
    RW - Burns, Kassian, Voracek
    D - Alzner, Dekeyser, OEL, Ellis, Morrow, Y. Weber
    U - Jenner
    G - Varlamov, Mason, Neuvirth
    Bench - E. Lindholm, Perron, McCann, Beaulieu,
    IR - JVR

Farm (notables): Vasilevskiy, Morrissey, Oleksiak, M. Dal Colle, Merkley, Beauvillier, Baptiste

Thanks for the replies.

Look at Neuvirth if he's available in your league. I think the Flyers will go with him until he falters, then they'll look back to Mason. Problem is, he's probably gone by now.
    Neuvirth is still available but he's never gonna be a number 1 goalie in my mind. This is a league with only 10 active/reserve moves from the start of the season until the trade deadline (I now have only 4 left). So Neuvirth would be an good option in a league with daily lineups, but in my league it's really not an option. I would have tried Helleybuck in the same situation since he's a potential superstar and I could maybe have him as a keeper. But I will not take that chance since I'm still in range for the top position and Helleybuck will go back to AHL for sure in January with the above answers.

The only two #1 goalies still available on waivers are Ward and Smith and I'm not convinced that they will have more points from now to the end of the season then Mason will have. So my move will be... keep praying...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Stencil View Post

Its not automatic at all. If Hellboy continues to play at this level, they are not going to say, "Well, he is winning and playing awesome, but let's go back to the mediocre tandem we had before".

Hutchinson's value is at rock bottom and Pavelec might get sent on a conditioning stint first. If Hutch continues to have these 4-5 goals against games and lost so many consecutive games, it is very possible he would clear waivers. Ortio is a great goalie prospect that the flames had no choice but to send down and he cleared waivers.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G