Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stamkos "likes" tweet

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Stamkos "likes" tweet

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Is he (does someone have any info) just not happy there? I kind of feel like last year he was viewed in many respects as a "2nd" liner. Now this year it seems he's struggling even more. Is it maybe not a loss of talent, but more a "trade me" type thing? I don't think he's dogging it or anything, but maybe lost that "elite" edge subconsciously maybe? I just get the feeling that this isn't the Stammer that we've been accustomed to/will see again in a TOR, as a 1st liner again?

This is one situation that has me totally befuddled (IRL and for Dynasty Cap)
    I’ve gotten the feeling he’s not liked how he’s been used the last couple of years. He likes center because he operates the whole ice, and obviously everyone wants minutes, but his have dwindled down to the point where even people are asking why he isn’t being used more. I don’t think he’s upset at management at all (like St Louis was), or what the team’s direction is (like Kovi leaving Atlanta), but more of how he’s been used.

Honestly it’s the quickest fix out of the 3 situations, but the most complex because then you upset others who’s minutes you’re stealing.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

The tweet thing is a non-story, but Stamkos and his future is a big story in the hockey world and definitely worth discussing.

I have a hard time figuring out why his production has dropped off so much. I know St. Louis has a lot to do with it, but when I watch him play, Stamkos doesn't seem quite as fast, his shot isn't what it used to be, and he doesn't seem to play with the same passion/drive as before. He is only 25, so it is hard to believe that his natural skills have already diminished. I believe there is more going on behind the scenes that we aren't aware of.

I don't think he is worth the league maximum (at one point I thought that was a no-brainer). I think Tampa would regret signing him for more than a $10 mill cap hit. Toronto, on the other hand, can afford to spend whatever they want. They have the cap space and the budget to do so. I don't believe Stamkos will return to his 90 pt days, but he'd be their best player and a veteran presence for the young up-and-coming players (Marner, Nylander, etc.), and Toronto fans and media would go crazy with a star player coming back home. From a media and on-ice perspective, it makes a lot of sense for Toronto.

From a hockey-perspective, I'd like to see Tampa deal Stamkos for a package that includes one of either Marner or Nylander. I'm not a fan of either team, but I am a fan of good hockey trades and I think a deal like that would be good for both teams.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I’ve gotten the feeling he’s not liked how he’s been used the last couple of years. He likes center because he operates the whole ice, and obviously everyone wants minutes, but his have dwindled down to the point where even people are asking why he isn’t being used more. I don’t think he’s upset at management at all (like St Louis was), or what the team’s direction is (like Kovi leaving Atlanta), but more of how he’s been used.

Honestly it’s the quickest fix out of the 3 situations, but the most complex because then you upset others who’s minutes you’re stealing.

This is kind of what I was getting at, just much more concise. Thanks for that..lol

He "struggled" last year and only managed 43 Goals, got you to the cup finals....I don't get it. He's your franchise. Get the man the minutes he wants. But I do agree that there may be something between him and Cooper. Now Cooper re-signed, so if that is the case, then I would think he's out.

This is easily one of the stranger things/cases (not sure what to call it) Ive seen