Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stamkos "likes" tweet

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Stamkos "likes" tweet

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads

i'm trying my best not to fall for this Stamkos/Toronto crap but pretty hard to ignore when Stamkos is doing shit like this

Banned

Default Re: Stamkos "likes" tweet

He's going to go to Toronto and get a max deal even though he's shown he's not a superstar

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    He's going to go to Toronto and get a max deal even though he's shown he's not a superstar

i think he'll leave tampa as a UFA...don't think any team will give up assets more valuable than one more cup run for the bolts.

then he'll sign with the leafs.

then he'll suck, and most people will think it's because he's on the leafs, which is partly true. but also partly because he isn't the same without an elite player like st.louis.

whatever, i'd still take him at 10-11M. he'll be overpaid but he's still a star talent, and he won't cost us anything apart from cap space.

regardless if it's a good idea or not, leafs management will ensure it happens if the oppurunity is there. 10-11M/year is nothing compared to the amount of money theyll make marketing the hometown kid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i think he'll leave tampa as a UFA...don't think any team will give up assets more valuable than one more cup run for the bolts.

then he'll suck, and most people will think it's because he's on the leafs, which is partly true. but also partly because he isn't the same without an elite player like st.louis.

whatever, i'd still take him at 10-11M. he'll be overpaid but he's still a star talent, and he won't cost us anything apart from cap space.

regardless if it's a good idea or not, leafs management will ensure it happens if the oppurunity is there. 10-11M/year is nothing compared to the amount of money theyll make marketing the hometown kid.
    they don't need to market anybody lol. What moment are they gonna make that they already don't make now?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

I don't know man...is he worth $10+ million? Questionable. But the thought of Stammer with guys like JVR, Marner, Nylander, Rielly and this years you additions (whoever they may be) gets me pretty stoked. Will he ever be the same Stamkos as a few years back...not likely, but I think he's better then what Kessel was during his time in TO and that's not so shabby.

I'd buy my Stamkos Leafs Jersey!

Dobber Sports Pro

This tweet thing is not news to me....who cares that he "liked" some page on social media....just the media looking for a story.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Monster

I have a hard time believing Stammer just accidentally liked the story, I know its definitely possible but seems too much of a coincidence that it just happens to be about a story of him going to his hometown team. That being said I hope he hits the open market and goes where he is happy, if Toronto is that place then so be it. Rather him be in MTL though hehe.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by GoNucks View Post
    This tweet thing is not news to me....who cares that he "liked" some page on social media....just the media looking for a story.
    This is the way I see it too. Just the media stirring the pot. The Toronto Sports Network (TSN) looking for a story that may or may not even be there.

Who cares what he "likes" on social media.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This is the way I see it too. Just the media stirring the pot. The Toronto Sports Network (TSN) looking for a story that may or may not even be there.

Who cares what he "likes" on social media.
    Desperate Toronto fans do.

Banned

I'd want to go to Toronto as well if I were stamkos. That team is very dysfunctional at the moment

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Desperate Toronto fans do.
    Touché!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Hit the FA and sign a 1 year cap friendly deal with the BlackHawks and then go home to Tarano and get a max deal

Dobber Sports Ninja

God I hope Toronto doesn't sign him... that would make no sense whatsoever given our time horizon. It'd basically be like signing Kessel back again.

I've gotta believe Babcock and Shanny are smarter than this...

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    God I hope Toronto doesn't sign him... that would make no sense whatsoever given our time horizon. It'd basically be like signing Kessel back again.

I've gotta believe Babcock and Shanny are smarter than this...
    Signing Stamkos, one of the leagues best goal scorers is a mistake? Stamkos is a better player than Kessel ever was or ever will be. Kessel wasnt a good fit because he was a complementary player and not a franchise player. Steven Stamkos is the definition of a franchise player. People were quick to write off Ovechkin after 2 down seasons and Stammer has one 43 goal (down) season and people think he is done or something. Stamkos is only 25 and is a former 60 goal scorer and scored 50+ goals twice and would have been more if he didnt get injured. Phil Kessel has yet to break the 40 goal mark.

Administrator

lol this is such a non-story

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust