Thread: 3m Cap Increase Next Year

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 3m Cap Increase Next Year

Bettman hinting the increase for next year. Our league will match. There are quite a few studs that will walk into this new money (Stamkos for one). In this year of underperformers, seeing a bunch of $3-4 m on FA list. Kind of like the possibility of thinning out FA ranks making the dynasty format more relevant. It would also place more value at catching up on the Panarins of the future. Had the benefit of rostering both Panarin and Larkin week 1. Not so sure if that luck will hold going ahead as aggressive GMs play harder.

Will increase the Farm by 4 more to follow up with young blood needs. But thinking the extra Cap will make it harder for midrange players to keep up with the balancing act of Cap leagues.

Am I reading this right? Will Cap leagues become more dominant in fantasy with GMs digging deeper to make things fit? And if so, worth cranking up the buy in?
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 3m Cap Increase Next Year

Call me a skeptic but I will believe the cap number when I see the cap number. If I am not mistaken, last year there were rumours that the cap was going to be higher than it ended up being.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: 3m Cap Increase Next Year

I think a lot depends on the USD vs. CAD.
    Last year on Dec.1, it was like $1.14 CAN for a $1 US.
    Then by June.1, it was like $1.25 CAN for a $1 US.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=usdcad=X
    [Btw, currently about $1.35 CAN for a $1 US.]

The $3m hike estimation is based on revenue (a lit more dependable) and some assumption on the relevance in the currency (not as dependable).
    The dollar is still moving... so who knows... but I wouldn't be surprised if the cap does go up by at least $2.5m this year.