Thread: Simon Gagné is ready to go

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Simon Gagné is ready to go

Simon gagné says that he had one concussion last season, not three. He adds that his prolotherapy treatments (injections destined to help chronic pain greatly benefited him. He claims that he feels as good as he did after returning from the lock-out. See article in French http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../7403/CPSOLEIL
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would stil stay clear from him. Concussions do not have a good impact on fantasy points, ask Eric Lindros.
    15 Team Keeper - Keep 11
    Forwards:
    Tavares, Benn, Vanek, Eberle, Oshie, Okposo, Voracek, Pajaarvi, Frolik, Bailey, Brassard, Cammalleri, O.Jokinen, Hudler
    Defence:
    Enstrom, Suter, McBain, Gonchar, Wisniewski
    Goalie:
    Rask, Thomas, Kiprusoff

Dobber Sports Initiate

With concussions it\'s just too big of a question mark. One hit and his days as a top line winger could be over. Of course looking at the Flyers, I wouldn\'t be suprised if this isn\'t Gagne\'s last year in the orange and black healthy or not. If I\'m not mistaken, vanRiemsdyk will be done in the NCAA after this season, and it would make sense for the Flyers to move Gags to make space both on the roster ad under the cap.

If they move him, I doubt anybody will take him as a top line guy, so as a fantasy option I\'d be wary of simon Gagne. It\'s a shame what\'s happened to him, considering the fact that he was really coming into his own in the post-lockout NHL. After the lockout he\'s averaging over .5 goals/game.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It\'s nice to see guys like Gagne and Bergeron coming back from concussions. It\'s an ugly side of the NHL, and one that simply hasn\'t been addressed adequately by the league.

Sure, Gagne may have become a risky fantasy hockey player. But I\'d love to see a guy return from a concussion and prove us poolies wrong!
    "If the all star game is about showing off ur skills. If I was in the breakaway competition, I'd dump it in and change."
    -Paul Bissonette, "BizNasty2point0", on Twitter, January 30, 2011

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I took both Gagne and Bergeron in my one year league. Got them very late - I consider both to be solid risks to take.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Icon

angus wrote:
    I took both Gagne and Bergeron in my one year league. Got them very late - I consider both to be solid risks to take.
    I agree completely - if you can get them relatively late (ie: much later than they would have gone sans concussions) DO IT.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah in 1 year leagues in the late rounds it\'s really almost a no-cost tumble to take. I still see guys grabbing them in earlier rounds though.