Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Jimmy Vesey to go UFA, then sign with Leafs?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: [Rumor] Jimmy Vesey to go UFA, then sign with Leafs?

Well it says in the article an exec is saying he’s going to the Leafs still.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    He's from Boston, that's just their normal attitude.

Why isn't he choosing the iconic Leafs though? Even though he was way more ties to Boston and they're a much better team.
    because he has way more ties to Boston and they're a much better team.

Why isn't Ottawa even considered an option though? Even though it's a small market team with a cheap owner that rarely attracts UFAs in high demand.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    because he has way more ties to Boston and they're a much better team.

Why isn't Ottawa even considered an option though? Even though it's a small market team with a cheap owner that rarely attracts UFAs in high demand.
    Your inferiority complex is showing. I didn't mention the Senators once.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Your inferiority complex is showing. I didn't mention the Senators once.
    You literally did in the previous page.

What am I jealous of exactly? Stop making stuff up (saying I'm jealous when I have no reason to be), it's pretty embarrassing. I asked you about the last decade and you bring up a bunch of signings before the lockout (and a bunch of people in the twilight of their careers). That is completely irrelevant to talking about the current day Leafs who are NOT an iconic franchise who players are begging to go play for. They are currently irrelevant and have been for the last decade. If we're going down the road you just went down then I could present (which I don't want to since I'm not talking about Ottawa at all here) Kovalev, Hasek, and Gonchar as free agents Ottawa signed. Hell we even had a player leave Toronto to sign here in the last three years (Clarke MacArthur). Why oh why did he leave the iconic Leafs?

The recent signings the Leafs have made like Bozak, Gustavsson, etc. happened because they were so bad that the players had way more opportunity in the Toronto line-up than anywhere else.

As I said no Canadian teams, including Ottawa, are signing big free agents, but I can tell now that you're trolling based on the last paragraph so I'm pretty much wasting my time here (even though I won this argument pretty easily).
    Your terrible memory is showing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    You literally did in the previous page.

Your terrible memory is showing.
    Are you that dense? I was responding to eyemissgilmour who brought up the Senators himself.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Are you that dense? I was responding to eyemissgilmour who brought up the Senators himself.
    which again confirms that you did mention Ottawa.

you may not have been the one to bring them up, but you stated you didn't mentioned them once, when in fact you did quite a few times.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    ^ That doesn't even make sense lol

Listen obviously Toronto is an iconic franchise. Don't be stupid.

So is Montreal, Boston, Rangers, Detroit and Chicago. Yes, the original 6 are iconic franchises. That isn't news.
    Boston is an iconic franchise.

Dobber Sports Padawan

None of this will matter when Vesey goes on to do nothing substantial at the NHL level.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Toronto or Boston??

Toronto: His dad is a scout for the Leafs, so I don't know why he wouldn't go there..

Boston: I would definitely understand aswell, just because of his roots are there..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

great details on Vesey from Melnick's interview with McGuire from yesterday. Listen if you want more detail on the player and his potential. Starts at 10.30 of segment.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690...e-run-1.461252
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    , the kid comes off like a an ass and a dbag. I do not like him at all.
    listen to the clip I posted below - will tell you some insight into the character of this player.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Toronto or Boston??

Toronto: His dad is a scout for the Leafs, so I don't know why he wouldn't go there..

Boston: I would definitely understand aswell, just because of his roots are there..
    from what I've heard, his Dad is employed with the leafs but works out of Boston area - scouting I believe.

Banned

There's some real comedy gold in this thread. You can't write this kind of stupid from some of the leafs fans in this thread if you were making a movie. Babcock signed for money. It's that simple. Stop using that as your prime example. His other choice was Buffalo. Big freaking deal. Both loser teams who have been irrelevant for the last decade. He chose Toronto becusdr of his wife. Either way, he left for cash, not to go to an iconic franchise who is living in the past.

The only reason the leafs will be able to sign people is because of their money. Not because people actually think they're gonna be a part of something special in that overrated city.

Banned

There's some real comedy gold in this thread. You can't write this kind of stupid from some of the leafs fans in this thread if you were making a movie. Babcock signed for money. It's that simple. Stop using that as your prime example. His other choice was Buffalo. Big freaking deal. Both loser teams who have been irrelevant for the last decade. He chose Toronto becusdr of his wife. Either way, he left for cash, not to go to an iconic franchise who is living in the past.

The only reason the leafs will be able to sign people is because of their money. Not because people actually think they're gonna be a part of something special in that overrated city.

as for praba, your arguments about kovalev gonchar, etc. are not relevant because I literally said in my post, if you read it, that I would use those examples if eyemissgolmour was going to throw out some washed up old player singing examples as well. My point was neither is relevant to discussing attracting free agents. So you were telling me something I literally said myself. The players he brought up were the exact same, old guys who didn't really have a lot of other options. Even thought gonchar and hasek played very well for the sens .

Banned

as for praba, your arguments about kovalev gonchar, etc. are not relevant because I literally said in my post, if you read it, that I would use those examples if eyemissgolmour was going to throw out some washed up old player singing examples as well. My point was neither is relevant to discussing attracting free agents. So you were telling me something I literally said myself. The players he brought up were the exact same, old guys who didn't really have a lot of other options. Even thought gonchar and hasek played very well for the sens .
    ottawa would be better with Babcock as their coach but both Ontario teams will be tragic for at least 3-5 more years