Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Do you smoke or chew tobacco?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Do you smoke or chew tobacco?

I smoke about half a pack per day.... Ya its bad but I don't know I just like it. Never chewed outside of a few snus packets way back in the day, they were gross. Working in the restaurant business, a cigarette is just so nice. Get buried in a dinner rush for 3 hours, go smoke for 5 minutes, and I'm ready for another 3 hours.

Getting married in 2 days, my fiance and I plan on quitting afterwards.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I smoke about half a pack per day.... Ya its bad but I don't know I just like it. Never chewed outside of a few snus packets way back in the day, they were gross. Working in the restaurant business, a cigarette is just so nice. Get buried in a dinner rush for 3 hours, go smoke for 5 minutes, and I'm ready for another 3 hours.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Good Luck with you guys quitting smoking and have yourself an unreal weekend.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post

I hear ya. I too worked in a restaurant and having a smoke break after a hectic shift is fantastic.

I think you have to be ready to quit. I said for a long time I would quit when I hit 30. 30 came and went and I didn't quit. A year and a half later, I had quite the evening with drinking and smoking and the next morning when I woke up, I was done. Threw my pack away and quit cold turkey. Thought for sure it would be terrible when I played cards a few nights later but it was surprisingly easy. Didn't even tell anyone I was quitting so no one would make a big deal about it. What was really tough was going fishing a few days later. I was in the boat for a couple hours before I said the hell with it. I was really struggling and kept thinking about getting a pack at the marina. So I went home because it was easy to not smoke while sitting on the couch. It was relatively easy after that. I started running right after I quit and that helped too. Interestingly, I met my future wife a month later. She would have never even considered dating me if I smoked.

Congrats on the upcoming marriage!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Newbie

I have asthma so smoking was never a good thing for me. I remember several times when in college having to leave parties early because the cigarette smoke was hindering my breathing.