Thread: I just watched a Sabres Game w/ Tim Murray

Default I just watched a Sabres Game w/ Tim Murray

Serioulsy.

Saturday's are date night with the lady. We went downtown to Osteria166 on Franklin St - great traditional Italian food. As soon as I walked in I spied this dude sitting at the end of the bar in the corner right next to the TV w/ the Sabres game. My wife and I sat down three stools down, and I leaned over and said to her that's either Tim Murray or one helluva doppelganger.

Turns out it was indeed Tim Murray. Loves his pints. The entire time I was watching the game I was watching him watch the game. The only time he took his eyes away from the action was to check his phone while responding to a text.

I so wanted to see the game as he was seeing it. ...and read his texts. Very cool!

On our way out I walked up to him, extended my hand, and said "you're doing a helluva job". He said "Thanks, I appreciate that."

Jeebus that was a cool night.

@SmittysRant

Administrator

Default Re: I just watched a Sabres Game w/ Tim Murray

You had a perfect chance to steal his phone and break the NHL's trade slump. Damn you!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow, that's really cool. You got Eichel's number out of his phone right?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Haha, cool story Bomm.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Banned

Shoulda asked him about his awful last two trades for Kane and lehner

Dobber Sports Monster

Don't talk directly at him but just talk loud

"Boy the Sabres sure missed out on McDavid there"
    "Sabres been losing every trade lately"
    "Surprised their GM still has his job"
    "Peter Chiarelli is a way better GM than ours"

Cool experience though. Last NHL experience I had was going to Anahim Lake summer 2014. He was announcing his breakfast club thing for the school there. Must have been 100-150 people there it was nuts. He walked by me and said "Hey, hows it going?", I nodded and said "Good good". I often like bragging to people that Carey CARED enough about ME and asked ME how it was going... haha. Real nice guy, felt bad for him, he couldn't walk 2 feet without a swarm of people wanting to talk to him, when he was sitting down eating his lunch this one dude kept wanting to talk to him about the Montreal Canadiens and watching this game back when or whatever but Carey had a lady asking people to give him time to eat ect..i guess i dont blame them wanting to talk to him like that. Hence why I didn't try bothering him or anything, then he goes out of his way to ask me how im doing. Was a pretty exciting moment though lol .... hes a big guy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You had a perfect chance to steal his phone and break the NHL's trade slump. Damn you!
    That's effin funny.

...and the Buffalo Sabres trade Marcus Foligno to the Pittsburgh Penguins for Sidney Crosbey and Pittsburgh's 2016 first round draft pick.

It was pretty cool, I have to admit. Even funnier was at his first pint he sat upright fully focused on the action. By the time he polished off his 3rd pint the Sabres were down 3-0, and Murray was slumped over the back of his bar chair w/his hand over his ball cap.

I leaned over to my wife and said "Watch, he's going to drunk-text Bylsma, and fire his ass."
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Nice little evening with Timmy!! Wait, what happened to your wife?? Did she just go home so you and Timmy could have some quality time??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..