Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Islanders trying to trade Hamonic

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Islanders trying to trade Hamonic

Chiarelli needs to go ALL IN on this deal. They need defence and need it bad. Man what a good fit it would be though

Dobber Sports Master

just spit balling .......Brodin sat out last night (flu or ?)

Minney is alot closer than van,edm,cal in relation to the Peg.

Snow/Fletch have some trade history

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    just spit balling .......Brodin sat out last night (flu or ?)

Minney is alot closer than van,edm,cal in relation to the Peg.

Snow/Fletch have some trade history
    Brodin is one hell of a good player. That would be a fair trade for both teams.

Darren Dreger said on air last night that Minnesota is definitely in the mix.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Brodin is one hell of a good player. That would be a fair trade for both teams.

Darren Dreger said on air last night that Minnesota is definitely in the mix.
    depends if they prefer RHD / Hamonics snarl v.s leftie Brodin and more of a two way positional type d

Dobber Sports Initiate

Is there a chance that Hamonic is not as good in the West as he is in the East? I still think he is very valuable, but playing 2/3 of the year against the bigger west centers and the fact that he is requesting a trade out of NY, imo kinda makes his value lower. I would not trade Klef or Nurse for this guy straight up. For Edm to get any better we need to be replacing Fayne with Hamonic... by trading Yakupov in a package. I also think that Chia knows this hence why a deal hasnt taken place already.

Yak/Fayne/1st rndpick(2016 or 2017 Oilers choice)

for

Hamonic/Czizkas/4th rnd pick(in same year we send 1st rnder)

In related fantasy world..... I just traded Spooner/4th rnd for Hamonic/1st rnd..... hope he lands somewhere good!
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    An interesting take by Islander insiders.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...ders-observers

There's more to the column if you want to click it and read the whole thing. I just wanted to highlight what Islander insiders/reporters are saying about a possible trade and the type of expected return.
    Nice take, but they don't touch on the fact of how fantastic Hamonic's contract and cap hit are, which have a meaningful affect on his value. You're not just paying for the player here, you're also paying for that excellent cap hit, because the Isles won't be getting nearly as friendly a cap hit in return.

Dobber Sports Ace

Im not sure that trade makes sense...Maybe (I'd guess it would be a stretch) Yak/Fayne for Hamonic/Cizikas/4th could work. But no way EDM adds a 1st or anything close to that. Well maybe they would, but not I...lol

Yak has disappointed, but he's still a recent 1st overall. I believe that it does carry some weight in negotiations, even when the talent says otherwise (and I think Yak still has potential to be a good but not great player).

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    Is there a chance that Hamonic is not as good in the West as he is in the East? I still think he is very valuable, but playing 2/3 of the year against the bigger west centers and the fact that he is requesting a trade out of NY, imo kinda makes his value lower. I would not trade Klef or Nurse for this guy straight up. For Edm to get any better we need to be replacing Fayne with Hamonic... by trading Yakupov in a package. I also think that Chia knows this hence why a deal hasnt taken place already.

Yak/Fayne/1st rndpick(2016 or 2017 Oilers choice)

for

Hamonic/Czizkas/4th rnd pick(in same year we send 1st rnder)

In related fantasy world..... I just traded Spooner/4th rnd for Hamonic/1st rnd..... hope he lands somewhere good!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Im not sure that trade makes sense...Maybe (I'd guess it would be a stretch) Yak/Fayne for Hamonic/Cizikas/4th could work. But no way EDM adds a 1st or anything close to that. Well maybe they would, but not I...lol

Yak has disappointed, but he's still a recent 1st overall. I believe that it does carry some weight in negotiations, even when the talent says otherwise (and I think Yak still has potential to be a good but not great player).
    Being a first overall 4 years ago doesn't matter anymore. There's at least a reasonable argument that Cizakas is a better player right now than Yak. Edmonton would be adding to that deal, not the Islanders. "Our garbage for your good players" Isn't really a reasonable trade proposal for NHL GMs

The Great One

Oilers need D, yes, but Hamonic isn't the stud they desperately need.

If the price doesn't make sense they can and should wait.

Especially if, like suggested in this thread, they 'need' to make a splash and trade Eberle (which wouldn't be smart) they should and can wait for a defender who is better than just Hamonic, a top 4 guy.

To sum it up. Do they need D help? Of course. Should they make a splash? Debatable. Should the splash be on Hamonic? Absolutely not.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Oilers need D, yes, but Hamonic isn't the stud they desperately need.

If the price doesn't make sense they can and should wait.

Especially if, like suggested in this thread, they 'need' to make a splash and trade Eberle (which wouldn't be smart) they should and can wait for a defender who is better than just Hamonic.

To sum it up. Do they need D help? Of course. Should they make a splash? Debatable. Should the splash be on Hamonic? Absolutely not.
    when is a D better than hamonic going to be available? rarely do you see top 2 dmen available. and if/when it happens, it would cost a heck of a lot more than eberle. the oilers have been waiting for how many years to get better? if they need to overpay then so be it, they have so many good assets from drafting high every year, it's time to do something about it and get the team into the playoffs.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    when is a D better than hamonic going to be available? rarely do you see top 2 dmen available. and if/when it happens, it would cost a heck of a lot more than eberle. the oilers have been waiting for how many years to get better? if they need to overpay then so be it, they have so many good assets from drafting high every year, it's time to do something about it and get the team into the playoffs.
    Don't know when a D better than Hamonic will be available. Who thought he would be available this year? These things happens, players become available. That is why you want to be opportunistic and not blow your load on the Hamonic's of the NHL. I don't think splashing on Hamonic is opportunistic. I think Edmonton made the same mistakes in free agency.

They said hey, Mark Fayne is available. Not great but we need help now. How many years have we been waiting for to get better? Fayne will help, right? Lets sign him! MISTAKE. You could say the same about Sekera. At least those didn't cost you any assets.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Being a first overall 4 years ago doesn't matter anymore. There's at least a reasonable argument that Cizakas is a better player right now than Yak. Edmonton would be adding to that deal, not the Islanders. "Our garbage for your good players" Isn't really a reasonable trade proposal for NHL GMs
    I agree that being a 1st overall 4 years ago doesnt really hold water. No way in my scenario is Edm adding anymore, the 1st rnder(likely to be in 2017) is the add. The NYI are not holding the cards here, Hamonic has limited Snow's moves with the request to a West team.....
    And to say Cizakis is agruably better than Yak...ok, I can argue that he isnt. Cizakis is not and will never be a top 6 guy, he is extremely valuable in a 3rd line role and a great penalty killer. Yak paired with the right guys is a trigger man in a top 6 role, as shown by time with McDavid. So ill stick to my scenario of being fair market value.

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    He isn't a top 2 Dman. He's a 3/4 guy in New York. Leddy and Boychuk are their 1/2 guys in NY.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

He isn't a top 2 Dman. He's a 3/4 guy in New York. Leddy and Boychuk are their 1/2 guys in NY.
    I've questioned this too, the media is all over him being a top 2 guy, just like Sekera. He would be a good piece on the Oil though.

Hamonic avg TOI is 23:20 30th in NHL
    Boychuk avg TOI is 21:53 54th in NHL
    Leddy avg TOI is 21:22 64th in NHL

However Hamonic doesnt play as much special teams as Leddy/Boychuk. You can read alot into those numbers both ways, i guess the big thing is he eats up alot of 5v5 mins, which the Oilers really need.

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Master

I'm not sure his coach agrees... he throws Hamonic out there 1:30/game more than either of Leddy or Boychuk. (Ham also has the better possession/shot chance numbers)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril