Thread: Backstrom

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Backstrom

Refering to the Washington Backstrom...

New to the Forum and Looking for advice so let me first explain my league...

18 round draft...10 teams 18 man roster with 2 lw,c,rw 4 def 1 utl and 2 tenders playing (roster can be manipulated daily)

optional up to 4 guys kept...1st and 2nd round picks cannot be kept

for each guy kept you lose your draft pick 1 round higher the following year (i.e-last year Malkin drafted 6th round so guy loses his 5th this
    year and 4th the following and so on)

guys are kept for a max of 3 years

standard Yahoo scoring with SHP

My question is this...I am top heavy through trading and my last pick is in the 10th round. I am looking at taking Backstrom here but is this to high with what might be available?? should I go with a proven guy though my team will be stacked already at this point? Is losing a 9th round pick next year worth Backstrom now because I am hoping he hits around 70 points? am I way off?

Thanks ahead of time...and this site if great. Great job here by administrators and poster who quickly respond. others I belong to take days. I love it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re:Backstrom

I dont like the fact that you only get him for a 3 year max. He will be just hitting his potential around that time. What happens to him after year 3? Is he re-entered to the draft? If you held the rights to him the 1st 3 years, can you re-draft him when he is available again? I personally predict around 55-60 points 1st year. Followed by 75-80 2nd year. Then 3rd year maybe 90s. However after year 3 i feel he should be a 100 point player while Ovechkin is racking up Rocket Richard Trophies

Dobber Sports Novice

sorry...forgot that point

yes he goes back into the draft and is elidgible for anyone to draft including myself.

the reason for this keeper rule is because I play with a couple of buddies and while some of us take it very serious and are competative others are not as into it. So when the few of us wanted a dynasty type league they were against it. But its still fun but I would like it to be more involving than it is.

Thanks for the help

Dobber Sports Novice

I guess this leads to another questions then...should I take toews here over backstrom if I take a young guy like this in the 10th??