Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HFBoards muzzles Eklund critics

Dobber Sports Monster

Default HFBoards muzzles Eklund critics

I've seen it over the last few months, but earlier this evening I got confirmation that HFBoards muzzles anyone who provides objective facts showing others that Eklund is not a credible source.

Several months ago I made a fairly innocent comment in a thread about Eklund's Stamkos to Toronto rumours, saying I don't care if people post Eklund rumours but I feel bad for new fans who don't know any better. No really, that is all I said. The post was deleted and I was banned from the thread.

Earlier tonight another Eklund rumour was posted up. A commenter was defending Eklund's credibility, saying he gets things right sometimes, and I posted a link to a youtube video of PJ Stock's old radio show where he made up a rumour and Eklund posted it onto HockeyBuzz minutes later. This post was deleted. There is nothing that enrages me more than being silenced for having a differing opinion. I never said anything rude or defamatory. These were the only two times I criticized Eklund, and both times I was silenced.

I know some people will read this and who cares, everyone knows Eklund has no credibility. But I am not on a quest to rid the internet of Eklund; that ship has sailed. My problem is more with HFBoards not allowing legitimate criticism of him to be posted. I believe Eklund gets preferential treatment on HFBoards, either because he is an HFBoards member, but more likely because I believe he is a sponsor.

I don't think I've ever seen such corruption and banning of free speech on these boards and I hope I never do.

update: just posted in an Eklund thread "So what are the HFBoards policies on criticizing Eklund? Asking for a friend." Will I get banned for this? We'll see. Probably though.

Has anyone experienced anything like this on HFBoards? Their moderators seem to be busybodies, closing active threads and deleting posts they dislike.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: HFBoards muzzles Eklund critics

hf boards should be renamed ''pop up ad'' boards

Dobber Sports Deity

Have you attempted to contact an admin on their site asking your questions and concerns?

Personally, I am not concerned with their policies but if I were in your shoes and unhappy with treatment, I'd let someone know. It depends on how important it is to you.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

But hockeybuzz and Eklund are mad legit!!! ..... hahahahhahhahahahahhaha.

I like your thread idea, keep us updated on the results!
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Sage

This kind of stuff angers me too. Keep up the fight.

I am not a fan of HF Boards and I think some of their policies are ridiculous. Their pop-ups are awful.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

So my post asking about HFBoards Eklund policy was deleted by the mods!

At least they managed to resist banning me.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    So my post asking about HFBoards Eklund policy was deleted by the mods!

At least they managed to resist banning me.
    Did you contact any of the higher-ups privately or did you post it publicly? Going the public route always has the worst outcome for everyone. Just speaking from experience...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

You've got the collective minds here, why on earth would you need any more? Cut bait and say good riddance.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    You've got the collective minds here
    There's that too.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    You've got the collective minds here, why on earth would you need any more? Cut bait and say good riddance.
    The only reason I go to HF anymore is their rumours section which is very up to date despite the sea of silly proposal threads. If we could get this rumour forum going I would never need to go back.

I'm going to stop posting there since I'm probably one mildly critical post away from a ban.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

The only reason I go to HF anymore is their rumours section which is very up to date despite the sea of silly proposal threads. If we could get this rumour forum going I would never need to go back.

I'm going to stop posting there since I'm probably one mildly critical post away from a ban.
    They may engage in more speculation on rumors than we do here, but I think that speaks more highly of our ability as a community to discern utter bollocks from genuine inside information.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Master

I actually like the ''Business of Hockey'' sub forum at HF's .Some good minds in that particular section of the board.

Dobber Sports Titan

Rotoworld deleted my comments on a football Yeldon Outlook 2015 thread because I said I traded for him even though I didn’t know much about him. Then I got chirped by people saying I was doing it wrong (I got a pick upgrade, and traded away old useless to my team players. Beside the point). It went on a tangent for like 3 comments, and then they just got deleted. I like how it is here now; we have much longer leashes here.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Is Eklund some how connected to HF? They have a thing you can put on threads 'Eklund Rumor' or something to that effect? I thought the whole Eklund thing was a joke before.

The Great One

HFBoards is hyper-sensitive to anything that can create controversy, and Eklund is one such topic. It used to be that for every post involving Eklund, there would be dozens of other posts saying how Eklund is not legit, full of shit, etc. The problem with all those critical posts is that it took away from the actual point of the thread, which was discussing the legitimacy of the rumor, and not the person/site that posted the rumor.

I'm not saying I agree with the HFBoard policy...just trying to explain it.

They do something very similar in the prospects thread. There are numerous threads about up-and-coming prospects that are three, four, or more years away from being drafted. Inevitably some posters get involved in the discussion saying that it is too early to talk about those prospects, saying that our interest in young prospects is borderline pedophiliac and creepy, some saying that the next great prospect was in the sperm that they ejaculated into their wife's womb the night before, etc.

Funny as some of those posts may be, they get removed almost immediately now because they take away from the point of the discussion.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98