Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

Oh believe me I know that the right goalie is a huge part of this. I just happen to pick hot goalies on off nights. Last night I went with Jake Allen very confidently and within 5 shots he allowed 2 goals! My blood was boiling! It's just irritating because you can research until you're blue in the face, but it could be for nothing because you're at the mercy of the players in the end. Hot players suddenly go cold, cold players suddenly go hot. Being able to predict is impossible. Tonight I was going to gamble on Rask, but he's not starting so I'm going with Quick. I was going to go with Holtby as my second choice, but had a hard time filling my lineups with the players I wanted with this salary. They're only apart by $400 I think, but it makes a difference when choosing players.

Now, on to a Draftkings question. Do you pay attention to the OPRK ratings? Some players are in the green which should signify that it's a good matchup for them, red meaning it's not good. I haven't been paying much attention to this, maybe I should start to do so more?

I have 7 lineups in for tonight. All in the $.25 contest so if I lose, I won't be taking a big hit. Hoping to get a little something though. Once again, I feel confident with my choices so we'll see. I will say that this is the first time I'm not going with Ovechkin, Crosby, or Malkin in any of lineups. I'm going with the less popular players tonight and wanted to avoid this game completely. I can see a lot of people buying into it, but could be wrong. I think the only player I took from either team is Niskanen because he get shot and block shot points.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Im with you on Quick for tonight. I feel like goaltending tonight is a bit of crapshoot.

Not to mention the lieklyhood for a number of higher scoring games.
    12 Team H2H Keep 15- 25 man Roster- G,A,+/-, PIM, HITS, BLK,GWG,SOG HT, DEF,PPP, SHP, TOI, GAA,GA, WINS,SV, SO,SV%

Forwards- Giroux, Pacioretty, McDavid, Johansen, Landeskog, Yakupov, Barkov, Foligno, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon Kreider, Draisidl, Tervainen, Nelson, Zajac

Defense-Phaneuf, OEL, Rielly, Barrie, Stone, Murray, Beauchemin
    Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Farm- D. Strome, M. Marner, J Ortio

Dobber Sports Rookie

I am also jumping on the Quick train tonight- As far as goalies go one thing i like to do is look at SOG (shots on goal) even if they dont get the W , the shots volume should give you at least some points and not just the W bonus. I also look at away versus home records, some goalies are rock solid at home and tend to give some up on the road. Just my two cents.

For tonight im entering in a couple different lineups, looking to do a couple of smaller stacks between Boston and Edmonton, as well as Detroit and the blue jackets.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Damn it Quick!!! Once again..............

Dobber Sports Rookie

Well last night was a complete bust. With Quicks poor performance, and my stacking of Edmonton's first line that produced so little nothing went right in any of my lineups. Oh well, some nights you win, others you lose. On to tonight's research and lineup creating.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by maddysdaddy View Post
    Im with you on Quick for tonight. I feel like goaltending tonight is a bit of crapshoot.

Not to mention the lieklyhood for a number of higher scoring games.
    Pay up for goalies and start taking Holtby, he won't let you down, he keeps crushing it for me! A Vezina is in his future come June 2016 if he keeps his impressive performance up.
    Founder and President of DraftFuel.com

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bergy80 View Post
    Oh believe me I know that the right goalie is a huge part of this. I just happen to pick hot goalies on off nights. Last night I went with Jake Allen very confidently and within 5 shots he allowed 2 goals! My blood was boiling! It's just irritating because you can research until you're blue in the face, but it could be for nothing because you're at the mercy of the players in the end. Hot players suddenly go cold, cold players suddenly go hot. Being able to predict is impossible. Tonight I was going to gamble on Rask, but he's not starting so I'm going with Quick. I was going to go with Holtby as my second choice, but had a hard time filling my lineups with the players I wanted with this salary. They're only apart by $400 I think, but it makes a difference when choosing players.

Now, on to a Draftkings question. Do you pay attention to the OPRK ratings? Some players are in the green which should signify that it's a good matchup for them, red meaning it's not good. I haven't been paying much attention to this, maybe I should start to do so more?

I have 7 lineups in for tonight. All in the $.25 contest so if I lose, I won't be taking a big hit. Hoping to get a little something though. Once again, I feel confident with my choices so we'll see. I will say that this is the first time I'm not going with Ovechkin, Crosby, or Malkin in any of lineups. I'm going with the less popular players tonight and wanted to avoid this game completely. I can see a lot of people buying into it, but could be wrong. I think the only player I took from either team is Niskanen because he get shot and block shot points.
    Pay up for goalies, they are worth it! I used to cheap out on goalies but now I build around them and pay the price for them. My structure is a top tier goalie like Holtby who I continue to ride, a couple lower priced guys typically under $4000 and one or two higher end guys and a bunch of mid tier guys around $5000. My lineup for tonight as of now... Backes, Giroux, Benn, Palmieri, Stafford, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Crawford, and Hedman. It will change a bit before 7pm EST after I do cross checking and research on DraftFuel.com but that's what I have right now. I used to do lots of NHL lineups but now I just focus on one now. I do play 2 or 3 lineups for PGA though.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah, last night was a bust for me too. If Quick played well I may have at least gotten my money back, maybe a slight profit in one of my lineups. Oh well. So there are eleven games to choose from tonight. I feel kind of overwhelmed when there are this many games, but after some tweaking, I think my lines are just about done. I’m rolling with Kuemper tonight. I have (3) lines total all in the $.25 2K contest. These contests were “freebies”. I cashed in some of my FPPG points to get free contest tickets. They do that on Draftkings in case you weren’t aware.

Here are my lineups for tonight. Not expecting much, but hoping as always.

Backes
    Scheifele
    Skinner
    Steen

Tarasenko
    McDonagh
    Shattenkirk
    Keumper
    Perreault

Nielson
    Tavares
    Okposo
    Parise
    Vanek
    Gunnarson
    Leddy
    Kuemper
    Koivu

Jarnkrok
    Monhan
    Gaudreau
    (Evander) Kane
    O’Reilly
    Gostisbehere
    Weber
    Keumper
    Neal

Dobber Sports Rookie

what a crazy night of hockey - with the wild putting up 6 goals, the av's shutting out the blackhawks, florida rolling over the islanders just to name a few. I entered 6 different lineups and ended up netting a whopping $1.00 after all entry fees. I actually went against the grain and stacked colorado's first line and their goalie which put me in the money. Anyone who stacked Minnesota/ some blues/ Carolina/ Dallas players most likely came out with some winnings.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I did very well points wise in two of my lineups. The one I had Skinner in, but made a last minute swap for someone else so I missed his hat trick points. The good thing is that everyone else in that lineup picked up the slack and still gave me great numbers. Finally had a winning goalie too!

Here are my totals. My highest total got me 21st place in the $.25 2k, but in total my winnings only came out to $5.75. Still happy with a successful night though. Kind of wished I stacked WPG and MIN together. Oh well....

My lowest total sucks. Seems like whenever I try to play NJ it never works for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bergy80 View Post
    I did very well points wise in two of my lineups. The one I had Skinner in, but made a last minute swap for someone else so I missed his hat trick points. The good thing is that everyone else in that lineup picked up the slack and still gave me great numbers. Finally had a winning goalie too!

Here are my totals. My highest total got me 21st place in the $.25 2k, but in total my winnings only came out to $5.75. Still happy with a successful night though. Kind of wished I stacked WPG and MIN together. Oh well....

My lowest total sucks. Seems like whenever I try to play NJ it never works for me.
    Impressive top lineup, anything over 50 is huge! Too bad you didn't enter the really big contests to really cash in! I didn't have any Wild players last night or Skinner so I missed out but still had 32 points and did very well in my head to heads, top 50%, and double ups. Time to build a lineup for tonight now Good luck!

Dobber Sports Rookie

everyone excited for a big slate of games tonight!. Anyone offering any predictions, doing any stacking of teams?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm counting on St. Louis having a big night. I have two lineups stacked with them. I don't know why I'm on Blues kick, but they were very good to me the last time I stacked them. I also have a Dallas/Calgary lineup.

I felt like taking a risk with my goalie tonight. I'm going with Sparks. I won't be upset if he does poorly or doesn't get the win. My gut has been saying to stick with him all day so I am. We'll see if it pays off.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So, Sparks didn't pan out so well. Let in 2 goals and then leaves the game inured. Still left me .6 so thankfully it wasn't negative. I still managed to break even somehow with my St. Louis and Minnesota lineup.

Only entering 2 lineups tonight. Focusing on Detroit and Boston for the most part. Going with Rask in net as long as he's the confirmed starter.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Ended up not losing any money, gained a whole 2.00 after my entries. Couple goalies who i took flyers on didn't work out at all Schneider (NJ) and Lindholm (AZ). Also a kick in the pants to doube check lineups before they start as i had stacked Arizona and didnt realize that duclair was a scratch. Looking at a couple of lineups for tonight in 1 contest.