Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

Ugh, last night was a big fat failure, but I gambled on my picks so I wasn’t expecting much. I decided for whatever reason, to go for the underdogs last night focusing mainly on Buffalo. My highest lineup of the night was only 29.5pts. On a good note, when the Bruins play I usually do an almost entirely Bruins lineup just for fun. Kevan Miller jumped out at me so I said what the heck and drafted him along with Krug. Good night for Miller getting the goal and ending the night with 6 points. Nice lucky pick for me, to bad it didn’t pay off in the end.

My strategy for tonight was really not having one. I think I’ve been over thinking things so I just picked a few studs and filled in the holes over three lineups. Of the bigger names, in one lineup I have Cammalleri and Henrique with Tarasenko, one with Ovechkin with Hoffman and Larkin, and one with Kane with Sharp and Spezza. I’m opting for Jake Allen tonight as my goalie and I have Gostisbehere in all three lineups as a nice, cheap defenseman who should get me at least 3pts if his trend continues.

I set my lineups first thing morning and told myself NOT to make any changes (I usually make changes throughout the day as I think about it) so whatever happens happens.

I do agree that stacking an entire team in one lineup rarely pays off. It hasn’t yet for me anyway.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Ended up winning $10.00 last night overall, entered 3 different lineups in multiple 3k and 45k contests. got 45 points which on any other night may have placed my higher, but with last nights crazy scores the winners were averaging around 66 points. How did everyone else do ?

I've been playing proline more than draftkings lately lol
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I took another loss last night. Only got $1.80 back from what I put in. My highest point total was 31.9. I'm about ready to just call it quits. Clearly this DFS Hockey thing just isn't for me. It's just ridiculous how things have been going for me. If I have a strategy, it doesn't work. If I wing it, it doesn't work. If I play the best goalie of the night, he tanks. If I play the best line available from the night, they're shut out. I just have no luck.

I've entered a few lineups tonight in the $.25 contest. Not bothering with the head to heads or 50/50s.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The last few weeks have been pretty bad for me too. I've been breaking even for what seems like a month now, which has been frustrating.

Last night I put Lehtonen in every single lineup. Went to bed when it was 4-0 and woke up only to face palm myself. That one swing could have put me up around $20 and instead I lost $3. Oh well =/

I find that I can't rely on SH%, 5v5 SH%, IPP, or possession stats to make judgement calls right now. Player trends are just not normalizing at the moment. This is why DFS is akin to gambling imo. You just never know what's going to happen in spite of heavy research/knowledge.

I'm gonna keep playing the small bets and the lower risk 50/50s. I make small, incremental changes in my strategy and I keep to it for at least 30-60 lineups. I see what works and what doesn't and change things up from there.
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Last night wasn’t horrible, only lost $.75. So aside from just not winning it wasn’t too bad. Once again, I picked the top goalie (Lundquist) and they lost so I only got 2.6pts from him. I had another luck pick though. I went with Landon Ferraro from the B’s in a few lineups, just a hunch and he got me 6pts. Wish I went with Tuukka last night though. Would have had a much better result. Oh well….

Tonight I wasn’t going to play, but in the end I got the itch to do it. I’m putting in $7.50 on 6 lineups. Every line up is in a $1 50/50 and a $.25 2K. We’ll see how it goes. I feel really good about the lineups I chose tonight. Counting up the FPPG totals, I’m well over 30 in all of them (33.6, 34.1, 36.3, 35.4, 36.2, and 34.4). My goalie of the night is Hellebuyck with Winnepeg. With my luck, if you guys have him you may want to change him out now that I’ve picked him. Haha!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So last night went pretty well. I ended up winning $12.75. Ientered a few more last minute lineups so it worked out nicely. Really not surewhich way I want to go tonight, mainly for the goalie. I’m kind of leaningtowards Lundquist, but he’s so expensive and would like to find a cheaperalternative. I really like Nilsson too, but I’m really not that confident thatthe Oilers can pull of a win against NY. The list of starters isn’t full so Ihave plenty of time to think about it.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Nice Bergy80!, I won 17.00 last night, going to be entering in a couple different lineups tonight, going to roll with the Kuemper (wild's goalie) @ Arizona in one.

Dobber Sports Novice

Congrats guys! You just got to stick with it because DFS goes hot and cold just like cards in poker for example. Just keep putting together quality lineups and hope for some luck to get back on track. Use DraftFuel and other research and stats tools to help with drafting better lineups more often. I've been rolling lately being consistently in the mid 30's and 40's. Look to stack Flyers and Stars tonight as that game could be 6-5!
    Founder and President of DraftFuel.com

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well, last night was interesting. I wanted Lundquist as my goalie, but wanted to go cheaper. I liked Nilsson, but didn't think the Oilers could pull off a win. I was right not to take either considering the score, but the goalie I did choose didn't really fare much better. I ended up going with Gibson. I liked his chances considering the Canes road record, but that risk didn't pan out for me. The end result though was breaking even (I actually think I loss some change, but not bad considering).

Today I'm off to a decent start. If the games ended right no I'd have won $30.90 by stacking the B's. I'm in 1st in all of there 50/50's and in 5th of a $750 contest. There's still a LOT of hockey left to be played though so we'll see how it goes. I went with Rask in my Bruins stack lineup (the only lineup for all day contests). The rest of the contests (which don't include the B's matinee) I've chosen Jones as my goalie.

Tonight I really like Blues chances to win against the Stars so I did a heavy St. Louis stack. My other lineups are a mix. Good luck to all of you! Hopefully we'll all win something tonight!

I wouldn't be taking any STL tonight.

I would go Sens and Kings tonight I think.
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well, here's my problem. Over the past couple of weeks I've been putting a lot of trust into the "experts" and what their picks are. Too much trust I think. Even when I think they're wrong sometimes I'll go with their advice and later regret it. So, I guess today I feel like going against the grain. I don't have the Blues goalie in net so even if they lose it shouldn't effect my total as long as I can hopefully get a few goals out of them. They're at home (which I like) and they're playing Dallas who just played last night and traveled. I'm hoping fatigue will be in my favor and the Blues can kind of capitalize on it. I may be wrong, but I'd rather be wrong going with gut.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I broke even last night. Choosing the STL stack wasn't such a bad idea. I could've even took the goalie and had even MORE points. *sigh* I'll never get the goalie thing down. Tonight I'll be doing more of the same. I entered 3 lineups into 2 50/50s each as well as a $2k. One lineup is a STL stack, one is a CHI stack, and the third is a mix. Not expecting to win big with these lineups, the temptation to stack was just too high.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bergy80 View Post
    Well, here's my problem. Over the past couple of weeks I've been putting a lot of trust into the "experts" and what their picks are. Too much trust I think. Even when I think they're wrong sometimes I'll go with their advice and later regret it. So, I guess today I feel like going against the grain. I don't have the Blues goalie in net so even if they lose it shouldn't effect my total as long as I can hopefully get a few goals out of them. They're at home (which I like) and they're playing Dallas who just played last night and traveled. I'm hoping fatigue will be in my favor and the Blues can kind of capitalize on it. I may be wrong, but I'd rather be wrong going with gut.
    Early on in DFS I would rely on "expert" opinions with lineups and projections but both are usually wrong. You have to rely on your own research and make the picks to the best of your ability. Home team games are good for sure, but you have to study to see as some players are better on the road vs at home.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bergy80 View Post
    I broke even last night. Choosing the STL stack wasn't such a bad idea. I could've even took the goalie and had even MORE points. *sigh* I'll never get the goalie thing down. Tonight I'll be doing more of the same. I entered 3 lineups into 2 50/50s each as well as a $2k. One lineup is a STL stack, one is a CHI stack, and the third is a mix. Not expecting to win big with these lineups, the temptation to stack was just too high.
    Getting the right goalie is critical, I find that when my goalie does well and gets the win that my whole team does pretty good. I've been on a roll lately with goalies having Crawford for 11 and Holtby for 9 this weekend.