Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Bergy80 View Post
    Last night was a bust. I didn't win anything. My best lineup only scored 27.9 points. I didn't feel very comfortable going into it last night and should've taken the night off, but oh well. I haven't put any lineups in yet for tonight. I'm going to wait until later so I can really think about what I want to do. Usually I'll set my lineups either the night before or the morning of and make last minute changes if need be. I'm gonna wait today.
    Man.. I entered just one 20 person 50/50 last night, got 38.6pts, and lost =/

Sometimes everyone just does so well in a contest it hurts.
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It’s funny that you mention Dubnyk as I just decided to use him in my lineups tonight. My initial reaction was to go for Rinne, but I think Dub is a better choice tonight.

I also opted to use the Caps tonight. I’m finding that I tend to want to stack… all the time! I’m not talking about doing 2 or 3 players from one team I’m talking doing an entire lineup (or as many as the rules allow) from one team. It’s great when you hit on the right night, but I haven’t been that lucky yet. I also keep wanting to use the same players in my lineups. I’m finding it hard to break this habit so tonight I didn’t do it as much. I actually have a very good mix tonight so hopefully I’ll do well. Good luck to all!

Quote Originally Posted by LEAFS225 View Post
    Yeah it is FanDuel. Here is the scoring.

Wow that's quite different than draftkings.

DFK doesn't have anything for PPG/PPA or +/- but it has .5 for blocked shots, .2 for a shootout goal, and 1 for a SHG, shots are .5 as well.
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

I'm not going with Washington tonight, MTL is still good regardless of not having Price and Gally.
    If I was going all out tonight id find a way to get Kane/Benn and some real cheap NJD players maybe?
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    I'm not going with Washington tonight, MTL is still good regardless of not having Price and Gally.
    If I was going all out tonight id find a way to get Kane/Benn and some real cheap NJD players maybe?
    Hope somebody took my advice tonight!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

My rosters were already set up and games were in progress before I saw your post, but yes I agree NJ nailed it last night. Between NJ and Winnepeg, they kill me! If I play them, they don’t play like this. When I pass on them they crush it! I am playing NJ tonight. I know they have the fatigue factor to consider, but I don’t want to pass them up. I still think they’ll beat Philly and get a few points in the process.

Posting my best lineup from last night here. This is the highest scoring total I’ve ever gotten! Won both the 50/50s and $11.50 off the 3K tournament by finishing in 25th. It’s funny because I checked halfway into the first period and I was up $315.80. I knew it wouldn’t hold up, but to drop that much kind of sucks. I think I’ll stop checking my progress. It just gives me more irritation. LOL One big frustration was that Luca was listed to play when I checked this late last night and then I found out this morning he did not play. Basically gave away some points there. The good thing is that I flip flopped between him and Hamuis who got 1.5pts I think which would’ve only bumped me up to $15 so it’s not terribly bad, just an annoyance. Another good thing, this was my first shut out!

So my plan tonight is to enter into a few bigger contests which for me is $3 (woo hoo!) and do enough 50/50s to hopefully recoup the money if I don’t win. I’m playing heavily for the B’s. My team so I know them best. There’s one player here who has been really busting his ass and I feel is due to break out so hopefully tonight will be his night! I really like this matchup tonight.

Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Rookie

Nice one Bergy80!, I also rolled a couple NJ players and stacked them with Hoffman and Ryan, played 3 H2H won 2 and entered in 2 different lineups in a 3k and 45k tournament, ended up winning 45.00 . My best night ever in the 2 months ive been playing. Also looking at the B's to snap back after their last L so will be rostering / stacking a couple of them as well.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by ejamiec View Post
    Nice one Bergy80!, I also rolled a couple NJ players and stacked them with Hoffman and Ryan, played 3 H2H won 2 and entered in 2 different lineups in a 3k and 45k tournament, ended up winning 45.00 . My best night ever in the 2 months ive been playing. Also looking at the B's to snap back after their last L so will be rostering / stacking a couple of them as well.
    Wow congrats to you, that's huge!! Did you end up with over 50 fantasy points? I had almost 39 fantasy points so I did decent last night thanks to Dubnyk and Hoffman.
    Founder and President of DraftFuel.com

Nice one, lots of players did very well last night so that sucks a 51 didn't get you 1st place.
    I've finished 1st in the mid 40's on thousand person entries on nights where there aren't a ton of awesome stats put up by players.
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by draftfuel View Post
    Wow congrats to you, that's huge!! Did you end up with over 50 fantasy points? I had almost 39 fantasy points so I did decent last night thanks to Dubnyk and Hoffman.
    I ended up with 54.10 points- good for 130th out of 15,332 in the 45k tourney, and 13th out of 1725 in the 3k one.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ok, I’m admitting now that I went way overboard. Probably stupid overboard and will probably lose big time, but I entered three lineups into multiple contests, some were 50/50s and double ups so hopefully it won’t be a complete loss for me.

I’m also going to say this now just in case it happens. I am so tempted to go in on Columbus tonight. I have no reason why, I just feel like something crazy is going to happen with them tonight. I’m not following my gut on this one. I’m going more for the sure thing tonight considering the amount of money I’m laying out. We’ll see…..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I also like Columbus tonight I got them stacked in a few lineups. Also like some Blues players. Fading the Devils though.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So last night was weird. I looked to see where I was after my games were done and it showed I was winning $0.00 which to be honest I expected because my scores weren't that great. I woke up this morning debating on if I wanted to play today and saw my account was up $18.70. So I guess the site either had some glitch or their scoring inputters were behind. Either way I was happy!

The one player from Boston that I hoped would break out last night kind of did! He got me 7.5pts which was a nice surprise. The bummer is that I played the B's backup goalie Gustavsson and he was pulled after the 3rd goal which left me with a -1.4 goalie points. That definitely hurt. So considering that I was happy to be up $18+.

I got my lineups in for tonight. We'll see how it goes. Good luck to everyone else playing tonight!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Rolled a couple of lineups last night , ended up winning a whopping $1.00 after all my entry fees!. Curious to hear from others on how they approach a night like tonight with so many games, some which should be easy wins for teams ect.

If after tonight's games we were to rank players based on how they scored from 1 to 200, you would have to draft 9 of the top 15 players in order to win your contest.
    Those numbers were completely made up, but I am sure you get the point, this is all about luck and drafting the right players.

What I will say is that if you think DAL is going to thump CAR, to draft 2-3 players from DAL and then another 1-2 from say, STL - etc etc.
    Drafting 7 DAL players probably won't produce the same amount of points as spreading out your lineup.
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO