Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

So, last night I won $15 with a 50.90pt lineup. Once again, my goalie was the downfall. I opted to go with Mrazek and only got .4pts out of him. The rest of the lineup did great....

M. Hanzal 9pts
    M. Koivu 4.5pts
    M. Domi 11.5pts
    A. Duclair 7pts
    Z. Parise 4pts
    O. Ekman-Larsson 4pts
    K. Shattenkirk 3.5pts
    C. Coyle 6pts

Just imagine if I had good goalie points... *sigh*

Still working on tonight's lineups, but it was nice to get something last night.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yay!!! Finally some positive momentum, hahaha. Congrats Bergy!!! Your lineup actually looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergy80 View Post
    So, last night I won $15 with a 50.90pt lineup. Once again, my goalie was the downfall. I opted to go with Mrazek and only got .4pts out of him. The rest of the lineup did great....

M. Hanzal 9pts
    M. Koivu 4.5pts
    M. Domi 11.5pts
    A. Duclair 7pts
    Z. Parise 4pts
    O. Ekman-Larsson 4pts
    K. Shattenkirk 3.5pts
    C. Coyle 6pts

Just imagine if I had good goalie points... *sigh*

Still working on tonight's lineups, but it was nice to get something last night.
    Still around Bergy? I posted another big night.

https://twitter.com/kytmagic/status/701979061887832064

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yes, still around, but not doing much. Struggling to even get over 30pts. It's becoming more and more evident that this DFS thing just isn't for me. It doesn't matter what I try, I'm always at the middle of the pack or worst aside from a 50pt lineup once in a blue moon. I really don't know how you do, but you definitely have a knack for it that's for sure!

Yes, still around, but not doing much. Struggling to even get over 30pts. It's becoming more and more evident that this DFS thing just isn't for me. It doesn't matter what I try, I'm always at the middle of the pack or worst aside from a 50pt lineup once in a blue moon. I really don't know how you do, but you definitely have a knack for it that's for sure!
    I've always been here answering your questions and sharing my ideas man!

Just show me some of your lineups. Maybe I can see something really wrong with what you're doing!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yes, you've been a great help in trying to help me along. I just don't seem to have the ability of picking which players will do best against which opponent. I've tried focusing on full lines, powerplay units, etc. I always just pick the wrong players. Here are the lineups I'm going with tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Great One

Yes, you've been a great help in trying to help me along. I just don't seem to have the ability of picking which players will do best against which opponent. I've tried focusing on full lines, powerplay units, etc. I always just pick the wrong players. Here are the lineups I'm going with tonight.
    I'm not a DFS player, but I can tell you that the second line-up has fail written all over it, as you've stacked it with players on ARI and CLB, both of whom played away games last night and will be doing the same tonight. That is not a recipe for good production.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the input! I always avoided players playing on back to back nights and would constantly get burned with that method as well. I'll take another look.

The Great One

Thanks for the input! I always avoided players playing on back to back nights and would constantly get burned with that method as well. I'll take another look.
    You're welcome. I almost didn't say anything, lest I be the one to steer you away from odds-defying success, as certainly it's not a 100% rule that players in these circumstances will always do poorly. But if your goal is indeed to roster players who stand the best chance of seeing you win money, then you probably want to rethink the second line-up, or perhaps just go with the first, which, frankly, seemed decent based on my non-DFS oriented instincts.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Trust me, as frustrating as this journey has been I'll take all the advice I can get to get better at this. That was one of my only attempts at using players doing back to backs. It does make complete sense to me avoid it, but I've seen it work like a charm before so figured I'd try it. I did go ahead and edit my lineup. It now looks like this. The only issue I can see is that ownership will likely be high on these players, but we'll see....

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Alright... I said the hell with it. I'm in the mood to gamble tonight. I entered the original lineup into a few contests too. If those players did well tonight and I could've won I'd kick myself in the ass. So I have 3 lineups in for tonight. We'll see how it goes.

The Great One

Alright... I said the hell with it. I'm in the mood to gamble tonight. I entered the original lineup into a few contests too. If those players did well tonight and I could've won I'd kick myself in the ass. So I have 3 lineups in for tonight. We'll see how it goes.
    I'm glad you did this - your bases are covered just in case.

The Great One

Trust me, as frustrating as this journey has been I'll take all the advice I can get to get better at this. That was one of my only attempts at using players doing back to backs. It does make complete sense to me avoid it, but I've seen it work like a charm before so figured I'd try it. I did go ahead and edit my lineup. It now looks like this. The only issue I can see is that ownership will likely be high on these players, but we'll see....
    Seems decent - likely not quite as viable as your first line-up, but who knows.

Looking quickly at the games, my unscientific thoughts are that Dallas guys should be nice bets (Oduya could pay off well for you) and I think Detroit guys in particular should do very well, since not only is Columbus playing back-to-back away games, but it's McElhinney making his first start in roughly 7 weeks, and he's pretty bad even when at his best.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Here are my final scores. This is what it's like for me night after night. Entered all 3 lineups into 6 contests including 50/50s and still didn't win a damn thing. Didn't even break even... zeroes across the board.

Dobber Sports Deity

At least you are having fun, right?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."