Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: R. Johansen for Panarin/Ehlers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: R. Johansen for Panarin/Ehlers

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Yeah, he turned it down. Does Johansen have the plague? Top 10 C each of the past 2 seasons and nobody wants him now, have had a half dozen trade offers to various teams declined.
    I'd have to say this is probably the worst time you could be moving RyJo in the last year and a half.

It also doesn't help that you're asking for two wunderkind in return.

People are terrified of this Torts thing, and maybe justifiably so. Your choice is either to sell low or cross your fingers and ride it out, which is what I'm doing.

I'm kinda belligerent and hate selling low, though. That's just me.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Sage

I think you are right, Axe.

My reason for moving him now is that I have a major problem at LW, between underachievers and injuries its the position thats hurting me right now. I can only play 4 Cs and with Schiefele's emergence I feel like I am well-stocked and can move someone out at that position. I am a Kings fan and I dont want to move Kopitar. Half the teams in my league have indicated interest in Johansen, few seem really interested in Kopitar. I also feel like Torts is not going to be a great setup for Johansen to flourish, he has shown favoritism to Dubinsky thus far and has bashed RyJo in the media. When Stastny gets back I will be more than adequately staffed at C again.

Going to look into one or two more options, and if nothing good comes along I guess I will just eat the bad production at LW and ride it out until a good deal for Johansen finally appears. Thanks to all for your input, its very appreciated, I love this forum.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Yeah, he turned it down. Does Johansen have the plague? Top 10 C each of the past 2 seasons and nobody wants him now, have had a half dozen trade offers to various teams declined.
    Personally thought you were asking too much for what RyJo has done so far this year. Maybe wait 2 weeks and see how he's producing. But then you might not want to trade him....
    G / A / PTS / PIMS / +/- / PPP / SOG / Hits+Blocks/ TOI
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Superstar

Wouldn't the smart move be to trade Kopitar for a LW that will get you through tis injury period? At some point those two are going to be coming back.

As far as Torts goes, he's not coming off of a Stanley Cup-winning tenure, he's coming fresh off of two failed bits. I really don't think the Columbus management is just going to stand by idly and allow him to alienate their franchise player in favor of players such as Dubinsky. They don't have Johansen locked up forever, you know.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Sage

Yeah, many good points here, I appreciate it. I am going to hang tough, let things play out for a couple more weeks. I like Johansen, hes a valuable asset even if its not reflecting that way in the current market. A lot of guys in my league seem to have adapted a bunker mentality where they are just sitting on what they have, hell or high-water. Will have one more talk with the Jackets homer in my league and see if something develops; he has Neal and O'Reilly and I would be delighted to acquire those two but its not a guaranteed deal by any means. Thanks you guys for all the stellar analysis, really helpful.

Dobber Sports Sage

What do you guys think about this: My Johansen and Callahan for his Neal and O'Reilly?

Dobber Sports Superstar

That's actually not bad if you want productive LWs now and don't want to wait out the Johansen situation.

Callahan's best days are behind him IMHO. I think Neal has a good bit more left in the tank than Callahan. And O'Reilly has been pretty good in Buffalo.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Sage

He sent an official offer so its on the clock now.

His Neal and O'Reilly for
    My Johansen and Callahan

Really wringing my hands over this one. I like the offer and I am very tempted to pull the trigger. Fixes my problem at LW, Reilly is a strong play at RW becuase he is actually a C and I love centers who are eligible at winger. And Callahan looks like he is 35 years old out there so far this year, just waiting for his Band-Aid Boy nature to reveal itself. But on the other hand its Johansen going out. But I do have a stack of awesome Cs. Decisions, decisions.