Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: McDavid negotiations help (REP)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: McDavid negotiations help (REP)

Chiarelli traded away Seguin and has probably regretted it every day since. I know Bruins fans sure have. Just sayin'.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

But what I like about Chiarelli is he is FEARLESS. Never one to shy away from a TRADE!!!! Glen Sather style!!!

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    But what I like about Chiarelli is he is FEARLESS. Never one to shy away from a TRADE!!!! Glen Sather style!!!
    Well clearly nobody here is going to be able to talk you out of it, so you might as well stop this conversation and get to it. Let us know how it works out.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I find it interesting when people ask for advice but clearly dont plan to take it. If you are in the 3rd year of a rebuild with names such as you have established plus a strong shot a first overall again next year why get impatient now and blow it up? I recommend you join one or two one year leagues on the side to fullfil your urge to trade. I love trading as much as the next guy (likely more) but really have a hard time following your thought process. Not trolling, just trying to encourage you to hit "CANCEL OFFER!!!"

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Well clearly nobody here is going to be able to talk you out of it, so you might as well stop this conversation and get to it. Let us know how it works out.
    I will keep you all posted. Thank you all for your feed back. I do listen to everybody and weigh it in my decision

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Johner View Post
    I find it interesting when people ask for advice but clearly dont plan to take it. If you are in the 3rd year of a rebuild with names such as you have established plus a strong shot a first overall again next year why get impatient now and blow it up? I recommend you join one or two one year leagues on the side to fullfil your urge to trade. I love trading as much as the next guy (likely more) but really have a hard time following your thought process. Not trolling, just trying to encourage you to hit "CANCEL OFFER!!!"
    Lol Im still trying to understand why people think this is such a bad strategy? RyJo, Gaudreau, Forsberg. I think its a good deal. But in all honesty I believe he will hit the reject button. I do use your guys opinions and help that with my decision. I think 2 people here agreed with me that it is a good deal.

The Great One

I think you should trade McDavid straight up for Jagr. That way you can come in last and draft Mathews!!! He's a sure thing!!! You can't go wrong!!!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think you should trade McDavid straight up for Jagr. That way you can come in last and draft Mathews!!! He's a sure thing!!! You can't go wrong!!!
    Im trying to figure out the premise of this statement? Im getting 3 70+ pt players who are very young for a prospect who is injured for "months". Its not on the scale of trading straight up for Jagr. At least trading mcdavid for those 3 is working towards a strategy

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, To the Jamie Benn owner (in 1st place what a surprise) what should I offer him?

He also has Crosby, Ovie, Monahan.

Is there a deal there to be done?

The Wolverine

Looking at the other manager's perspective, if he's in first, why would he give up healthy, producing players for McDavid who's out for months? Sure, maybe he likes him but at this stage (the injury just happening), I can't see you getting the best return for him now. Especially not from the first place manager. Doesn't seem like the ideal target to me.

Dobber Sports Monster

There is another bottom feeder team who owns (of note)

Stamkos
    Pacioretty
    Holtby
    Nyqvist
    OEL
    Letang
    Sharp
    Tatar
    Barrie

Dobber Sports Novice

I honestly think you should pull of your McDavid trade. Best case, the players you get compensate your lost. Worst case? there is no worst case, you will learn a big lesson that's all.
    Points only keeper League, 12 teams, dress 12F - 6D - 2G, keep any 12.
    F: G=1, P=1/D:G=3,P=1/G:W=2+3 for SO
    F: Seguin, Tavares, Scheifele, Hall, Atkinson, Schenn, Bennett, Spezza, Granlund, Kadri, E.Staal, Spooner
    D: Burns, Hamilton, Barrie, Faulk, Suter, Leddy, DeAngelo
    G: Talbot, Dubnyk

Dobber Sports Monster

still anxiously waiting for a response. if he rejects then I have other options. I will then focus on another manager. Or maybe the owner I offered this lucrative deal to I will offer Drouin maybe

Dobber Sports Genius

still anxiously waiting for a response. if he rejects then I have other options. I will then focus on another manager. Or maybe the owner I offered this lucrative deal to I will offer Drouin maybe
    What offer did you send

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    What offer did you send
    Read back, it's all in here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    What offer did you send
    McDavid, Kovalchuk, Talbot
    for
    RyJo, Gaudreau, Forsberg

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Read back, it's all in here.
    I was looking for it but there are some many posts lol

- - - Updated - - -

McDavid, Kovalchuk, Talbot
    for
    RyJo, Gaudreau, Forsberg
    I think it's okay but I think you could get a little more. Those three can be really good keepers though