Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: McDavid negotiations help (REP)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: McDavid negotiations help (REP)

I would keep McDavid. I think it is ludicrous to consider trading him. You are getting a lot of good, but not great, talent back, whereas McDavid is a PHENOMENAL talent. At least you're not getting completely hosed on the deal if you do it, but I still think it's a mistake.

Dobber Sports Monster

I appreciate and respect all your guys opinions. I want to give out REP right now but it says ive given out too much in the past 24 hours. I will give you guys some as soon as I can.

Dobber Sports Monster

I just sent this trade offer

Connor McDavid
    Cam Talbot
    Ilya Kovalchuk

for

Ryan Johansen
    Johnny Gaudreau
    Filip Forsberg

I know he is going to check the league soon because we are in negotiations lol. Im excited, Im scrared, Im worried, EEEK

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think you're nuts trading McDavid for 3 top 75 caliber guys. I would've demanded somewhere around 1 top 10-15, 1 top 25, and 1 top 50 at a MINIMUM, and I would be surprised if you didn't find someone who would have given you that.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by junyab View Post
    I think you're nuts trading McDavid for 3 top 75 caliber guys. I would've demanded somewhere around 1 top 10-15, 1 top 25, and 1 top 50 at a MINIMUM, and I would be surprised if you didn't find someone who would have given you that.
    Going forward with the nucleus of my team I like this trade. There is a good chance this man rejects it too. He famously rejected a trade where he would have gotten Evgeni Malkin in exchange for his Filip Forsberg. So its hard to say how he will value those 3 men in comparison to McDavid.

I havent got any other offers and so far this is the team at least willing to negotiate. The early bird catches the worm. I dont have all day to wait around for an offer. Im like Peter Chiarelli I get deals DONE DONE DONE lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Ive said this many times and will continue to say it. If you have to add players to trade McDavid in a keeper, you don't trade him. I think you're just silly but it's your team to do as you please.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ive said this many times and will continue to say it. If you have to add players to trade McDavid in a keeper, you don't trade him. I think you're just silly but it's your team to do as you please.
    One thing Im interested in having is forward depth. You cant win the league on just one guy but a number of guys. Im still sitting tight awaiting his response. In all honesty I think he will reject it and make some sort of counter which I am going to reject. Only other way I can see a deal done is if Hedman is in the deal but that is it. This manager rarely ever makes deals and the last deal he accepted was 2 yrs ago. I believe it was where he traded away Burns, ORielly for Barkov, Johansen. But he is willing to negotiate so we will see. I picked the 3 most high end forwards I believed was on his team.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    One thing Im interested in having is forward depth. You cant win the league on just one guy but a number of guys. Im still sitting tight awaiting his response. In all honesty I think he will reject it and make some sort of counter which I am going to reject. Only other way I can see a deal done is if Hedman is in the deal but that is it. This manager rarely ever makes deals and the last deal he accepted was 2 yrs ago. I believe it was where he traded away Burns, ORielly for Barkov, Johansen. But he is willing to negotiate so we will see. I picked the 3 most high end forwards I believed was on his team.
    Forward depth is great, but it is so much more easily acquired than a guy like McDavid. You can't just go out and acquire a McDavid. That's the difference here. Easier to get your hands on a Gaudreau, a Johansen or a Forsberg.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I feel like this day is a big day. You know that feeling the day of a big wedding or something? lol. Trading McDavid is an EVENT. A big moment of my life haha
    Much like a wedding, not long after you make this trade you'll find your assets are only half of what they used to be...
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    Much like a wedding, not long after you make this trade you'll find your assets are only half of what they used to be...
    Awww snap! +1
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

It seems you like may be one of those guys who will never win because he is always blowing things up to chase something new, rather than being patient and sticking to a plan.

How did you come to have McDavid on your team? Did you finish in last place last year and draft him? Did you trade for him? I don't understand your motivation to try to trade him and go for the win, and it sounds like you're just going to make a mess and finish middle of the pack, destined to be in an even worse position next year.

Make a 3 year plan for your team and stick to it! If you're going to try to sell off young assets to make a push, leave McDavid for last! See if you can get close to building a contender, then use him as the final trade piece that nets you the win. If it's not working, at least you still have a good foundation in McDavid and you didn't wreck everything.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    It seems you like may be one of those guys who will never win because he is always blowing things up to chase something new, rather than being patient and sticking to a plan.

How did you come to have McDavid on your team? Did you finish in last place last year and draft him? Did you trade for him? I don't understand your motivation to try to trade him and go for the win, and it sounds like you're just going to make a mess and finish middle of the pack, destined to be in an even worse position next year.

Make a 3 year plan for your team and stick to it! If you're going to try to sell off young assets to make a push, leave McDavid for last! See if you can get close to building a contender, then use him as the final trade piece that nets you the win. If it's not working, at least you still have a good foundation in McDavid and you didn't wreck everything.
    Ive came last 3 years in a row. So yes I got top draft picks. 2013 MacKinnon, 2014 Reinhart, 2015 McDavid. Im going for the win. Using all my prospects as bait to get points. Win at all costs. You can play it safe for so long before you grow a pair and let all your horses roll. Im pumping all the NOS I can into this team to win. No fear Peter Chiarelli style!!!

Dobber Sports Monster

I got McDavid to trade for forward points DEPTH
    I got Drouin to trade for points
    I got MacKinnon to trade for points

ALL IN!

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think you should totally do it and trade him away if you can.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    I think you should totally do it and trade him away if you can.
    I like the way you think.

ALL IN!