Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dobber hockey league - draft date, rules, format?

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Dobber hockey league - draft date, rules, format?

Dobber - any idea when you will be releasing the rules for this year\'s pool? Also, a rough idea of when the draft date will be, so that we can plan accordingly?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Good call Repenttokyo, I need to start brushing up on the new format for this year, I have a feeling it\'s going to be a lot trickier for me.

Dobber Sports Expert

and I as well

Dobber Sports Ninja

repent,

I need to read what Dobber wrote a while back on how he wants his 3-tiered monster to run. Once I have the format and rules set, then I can confirm participation.

I am off work for the next several days and I want to settle this ASAP. I know you have already said you are in for the Experts.

I\'m looking forward to this one!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

the race for second place will be interesting.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ninja

angus wrote:
    the race for second place will be interesting.
    You have an advantage angus, you finished there last year:laugh:
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don\'t know how you can call it a experts fantasy league when you don\'t invite the best fantasy owners to participate.

I have been a multiple league winner in a keepers league that has run for nearly a decade. Yet can not get a invite to this so called experts league. You should rename it as a pee-wee league for owners with very limited experience :laugh:
    Championships

Ottawa Sun regular season champion.
    Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports Padawan

As proof of my statement check out www.mmmhl.com
    Championships

Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports Expert

Well, I did win the Dobber pool last year - hence the well-earned title of expert

Dobber Sports Padawan

That is like calling the little league champions as World Series Winners. As Ric Flair would say, In order to be the man, you have to beat the man, WHHHOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Championships

Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports Padawan

You can\'t just crown yourself the champion of a experts league which blocks other experts from playing. That is rediculous and makes a mockery out of your league.

In order to be fair just call the winner as Dobber champion or little league champ.

I will of course paticipate in your league when you fill worthy enough to invite other experts.
    Championships

Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports Ninja

coldsquad2002 wrote:
    As proof of my statement check out www.mmmhl.com
    coldsquad,

Nice website - it looks like a decent league, but without knowing the quality of the other owners, it\'s hard to call yourself an expert.

To be fair, no one is saying that the winner of the Dobberhockey Experts pool is anything but the winner of the Dobberhockey Experts pool.

What other experts were blocked from playing? There were many different websites/fantasy hockey writers represented.

This year, Dobber is going with a more dobberhockey oriented lineup for his experts league. So be it.

Calling yourself an expert because you win your league isn\'t right.

I have no doubt that there are dozens of top notch fantasy owners that could compete in an \"experts\" league and do very well.

Next year, I\'m hoping to run an invitation only auction dynasty league. I\'ve put your name down (to send you an invite) as you definitely have the confidence I\'m looking for in owners.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I appreciate that but... last year I thought Dobber said he would allow all to participate this year.

I don\'t see why other teams could not participate this year. It is only August. Make up a league this year and I will be glad to join.
    Championships

Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports Expert

coldsquad2002 wrote:
    I appreciate that but... last year I thought Dobber said he would allow all to participate this year.

I don\'t see why other teams could not participate this year. It is only August. Make up a league this year and I will be glad to join.
    the league i am referring to is the top tier league. to participate in this league, you needed to win in the middle tier league last year. the bottom two people in the league were replaced with the top two of the middle.

as far as i know, the bottom tier league is open and run by lottery.

but the method of participation in the experts league has been clear for over a year.

Dobber Sports Padawan

A little information on our league.

It is run as a keeper league with a salary cap based on last year\'s salaries. The pre-draft cap protection list is 27.5 million dollar limit. You also get to protect to prospects which have played no more then 82 N.H.L. games. (My prospects this year will be Niclas Backstrom and Eric Johnson. The in year cap limit is $66 million dollars.

My complete pre-draft protection list is

LW: Dan Sedin, Alexander Semin
    C: Joe Thornton, Niclas Backstrom
    RW: Daniel Alfredsson, Corey Perry and Nathan Horthon
    D: Dan Boyle, Mike Green and Eric Johnson
    G: Ilya Bryzgalov

I may also protect Teemu Selanne.

We use Scoresheet at www.scoresheet.ca as our league operator. They have a very interesting scoring system.

Having succeded at this level, I am confident that I could do very well in your league.
    Championships

Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship