Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DeAngelo Continuing to Light It Up

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: DeAngelo Continuing to Light It Up

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZero View Post
    And with his good production I've already been sent an offer from a GM of Teravienan for DeAngelo straight up.
    Wow. That's quite the offer. Forwards generally have higher values in salary cap leagues that are heavily weighted to scoring because once dmen get paid they become a lot less valuable. OF course, when a dmen is on a great contract he becomes a huge asset. It'd kill me to pull the trigger on trading Deangelo and tbh probably wouldn't have the guts to do it but Teuvo is the safe choice between the two...
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Wow. That's quite the offer. Forwards generally have higher values in salary cap leagues that are heavily weighted to scoring because once dmen get paid they become a lot less valuable. OF course, when a dmen is on a great contract he becomes a huge asset. It'd kill me to pull the trigger on trading Deangelo and tbh probably wouldn't have the guts to do it but Teuvo is the safe choice between the two...
    Very true though in our league we made d-men have points, blocked shots and hits so they are just as valuable as forwards sometimes even more. Still a decent offer.
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I remember watching him fall in the draft. Funny how teams pass over guys like that. I still think the Islanders got a steal when they drafted Ho-Sang
    Given neither have done anything in the NHL I don't see how it's funny. Ho-Sang won't amount to anything if he doesn't change, which is unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ztking View Post
    Crazy to think so many teams passed him over because of the classic "character issues".
    They were legit with him and he still hasn't stepped foot into the NHL so they aren't cleared yet.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Yeah, I think I would pull the trigger, if it's the league in his sig. DeAngelo is great, but it is a small sample size even at the point in the AHL. I also don't know how Tampa's roster would look like in a few years having to pay their players.
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

Dobber Sports Padawan

De Angelo is going to be a stud. He's going to put up some Mike Green numbers...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    De Angelo is going to be a stud. He's going to put up some Mike Green numbers...
    If the best offensive defenseman in the league (by and far), Karlsson, can't put up Green numbers, I don't see DeAngelo doing that either. It just isn't that kind of league any more.
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

Dobber Sports Monster

To us fantasy hockey poolies bad attitude doesnt mean too much. When forming a team in the real world it does. Maybe he is another Sean Avery? Who knows.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For me, his points aren't even the most impressive stat line. 30 shots in 8 games for a defenseman?! That's crazy talk.
    10 Team, Weekly H2H (Set Daily), 31-Player, No Cap, Dynasty League

Categories: G, A, +/-, Hits, PPP, ATOI, SOG, W, S%, GAA

F: Crosby,
    Seguin, Kessel, Malkin, Tarasenko, Laine, Hall, Pacioretty, Panarin, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Eichel, Monahan, Krejci, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Drouin, S. Reinhart, Radulov

D: Karlsson, Hedman, Shattenkirk,
    Barrie, Hamilton, Gostisbehere, Vatanen

G: Rask, Fleury, Dubnyk, Schneider

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by P-Giddy View Post
    For me, his points aren't even the most impressive stat line. 30 shots in 8 games for a defenseman?! That's crazy talk.

Is it sad this is the first thing I thought of when you said this

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    If the best offensive defenseman in the league (by and far), Karlsson, can't put up Green numbers, I don't see DeAngelo doing that either. It just isn't that kind of league any more.
    I had to look this up because i did forget how many points Green put up. Green has put up points in the 70's twice, as has Karlsson but, without an Ovechkin or Backstrom.

Dobber Sports Stud

This kid has all the offensive potential in the world. If he can put together a strong overall game, he could very well end up being a premier producer for the Bolts.

However, D prospects are often hard to project, and he has a number of hurdles to clear before we can start talking about 50 point seasons, let along 70+ point years.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    how hasn't Karlsson but up "Green" numbers?

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    how hasn't Karlsson but up "Green" numbers?
    Exactly!

Karlsson: 409 gp, 314 pts (pts in top seasons: 78, 74, 66)
    Green: 582 gp, 362 pts (pts in top seasons: 76, 73, 56)

I'm pretty sure Karlsson will get more than 50pts by the time he reaches Green's total games played. With this info on hand, I would switch the saying and say Green was not able to put up Karlsson numbers.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    This kid has all the offensive potential in the world. If he can put together a strong overall game, he could very well end up being a premier producer for the Bolts.

However, D prospects are often hard to project, and he has a number of hurdles to clear before we can start talking about 50 point seasons, let along 70+ point years.
    Definitely agree. I love his potential but defenseman are tricky. I can think of a lot of defenseman that had potential but were never able to put it together

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd trade him in a heartbeat if he was actually worth anything in my league. If I keep him this year, it's because I and I alone think he has any value at this point.

I didddd pick him up because I see something potentially special in him though.
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ