Thread: Ted Leonsis (WSH) bashes McKeon

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Ted Leonsis (WSH) bashes McKeon

So about a week ago, I posted about Ross McKeon\'s most reacent blog on yahoo! and how it was in terrible taste...

McKeon is an Idiot - Posted in NHL Discussion of DobberHockey

well apparently, I wasn\'t the only one that thought it was childish and ill-advised...

Capitals Owner Ted Leonsis has blogged about the issue calling McKeon out in the best way possible... I\'ve posted the link and conclusion to his \"rant\" below, and I encourage everyone to read the whole thing because he makes very good/logical points (as opposed to what McKeon does any time he writes).

I found this notion of contraction to be a slap in the face to hundreds of thousands of fans and to great ownership groups and to great cities. It is offensive to the NHL as a league and is just wrong-headed.

For the sake of being provocative on a blog, Ross - as a freelance writer - just put a big bulls eye on his back. His analysis was shallow at best. He doesnt know what he is talking about...
    The entire Leonsis rant can be found here:
    Dumb and Dumber
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Ted Leonsis (WSH) Bashes McKeon

Yeah, I read Ted\'s post too and thought the same thing. Ross McKeon has always been very hit and miss and this time he missed the mark by miles. Dumbass move by him and I agree completely with Leonsis.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

\"Riding Giants\"... what a great movie. I also encourage anyone and everyone to see it.

Nice rebuke Ted.

Dobber Sports Icon

I must say, that being a local boy, I\'ve become a huge fan recently of the way Capitals brass has run things and interacted with the media (both positive and negative).

I\'ve become quite the fan of Leonsis (owner) and McPhee (GM)... Bruce Boudreau is also probably one of the most likeable coaches in the NHL right now...

This organization is definitely improving inside and out... The Florida Panthers need to take a look at D.C. and take a lesson on how to run an organization...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Guru

dialogue with the public can be a good thing, and i too like the way that leonsis is transparent with fans.

as a flames fan, i know how a reticent GM can be frustrating (sutter). however, all i have to do is look north to see how a talkative GM can quite literally shoot himself in the foot. don\'t you just love how whenever Lowe talks about making big moves, no one comes to dance with him? hah.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

McPhee is as hard line as they come. He\'s taken his time but done a great job building that club. Kudos to the ownership for actually giving him some leash and being patient - a concept so foreign to some out there (hint hint Richard Peddie).
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ninja

As an Oiler fan if the trades he made this offseason are considered shooting himself in the foot then pass him the gun more often.

On one end of the spectrum you have Brian Burke, or guys like Torture-ella, and then on the other you have some guys that never say a word.

Dobber Sports Guru

doulos wrote:
    As an Oiler fan if the trades he made this offseason are considered shooting himself in the foot then pass him the gun more often.
    well put, lowe certainly did well this off season. but how about the previous 2? har har.

Dobber Sports Stud

Nice rebuttal.

Lots of good points. I\'d like to see some owners and GM\'s take on the overall struggles of some of these teams though.

I\'m sure they can\'t speak openly and honestly as they don\'t have the freedom to do so and their biases would probably invalidate any reasonable argument.

If not contraction, relocation. Let\'s talk about that.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT