Thread: Stamkos vs Subban

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Stamkos vs Subban

Hey, I'm wondering about the relative value of a trade in negotiation right now. The core of the deal is my Stamkos for his Subban, but he wants me to add. I'm not sure how much, if anything, I should add to my offer. He has asked for either Max Domi or both Anthony Duclair and Robby Fabbri. My thinking is that I could do one of Duclair or Fabbri, but not both.

The league is straight points, with 8 teams, fairly deep. We roster 12F 6D 2G, with an additional 25 bench/minors slots. Keep everyone.

My question, I guess, is how much more valueable is Subban than Stamkos going forward in a points-only league?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Stamkos vs Subban

So let me get this straight. It is a Stamkos for Subban trade and the Subban side wants more. First of all, I don't get why you would go for such a trade. I can understand Subban being the 2nd or 3rd best offensive dman in the league but in a points only league it is not as if you can take advantage of any of his peripheral stats. At best it is a legit 1 on 1 swap with no additional parts, in my opinion.

They are both young, they are both elite and unless you have soured on Stammers production in Tampa, I don't see why you would need to overpay to get Subban.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Genius

I was thinking the same thing. It sounds like you'd really be overpaying for Subban. I don't know if you need a defenseman or something but at most I'd do a 1 for 1 swap. You shouldn't have to add

Dobber Sports Rookie

That's what I was thinking. I do need a Dman, but not so much that I want to give Stamkos plus. Just wanted confirmation that I wasn't overvalueing Stamkos and he's still in the elite class after his 72 point season last year.