Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Johansen illness

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Ryan Johansen illness

Agent: 'We're trying to figure out' what's ailing Ryan Johansen:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/864...medium=twitter

John Tortorella lists Ryan Johansen as day-to-day, says he'll continue to rest & recover.

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/s...83350064984064

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Ryan Johansen illness

I'd say he has Tortorella-itis. A sickness brought on by a demanding head coach.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

"It's nothing with his heart. He's just not feeling well, and we're trying to figure out why," Overhardt told Portzline. "His energy level has been down. There's no alarm here. We want to do the right thing and make sure he's 100 percent when he's on the ice."

His energy level has been down because he is fat and out of shape according to Torts.

Definitely has the Tortilitis
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This note on ESPN mentions a health issue in the offseason:

Johansen was hospitalized with an accelerated heart rate during the offseason, the Columbus Dispatch reports.
    Spin: Johansen was checked out by team doctors after being released from hospital in British Columbia and given a clean bill of health. "They found no issues with his heart," Blue Jacket GM Jarmo Kekalainen said. The incident is not thought to be related to the illness that kept him out of Saturday's win over the Avalanche.

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't like where this is going... Hopefully it's indigestion or something
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Administrator

If Tortorella was my coach I'd fall ill too.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Hmm, maybe his conditioning ISN'T the issue Torts. Maybe he actually has a medical condition causing his fatigue.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hmm, maybe his conditioning ISN'T the issue Torts. Maybe he actually has a medical condition causing his fatigue.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's possible that we all jumped the gun when it came to dog-piling on Torts.

It seems possible or even probable that this was the issue that resulted in his benching and Torts (knowingly or unknowlingly) commented on it as a generic fitness issue.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Deity

Todays update!

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...-johansen.html

Blue Jackets center Ryan Johansen will miss his second straight game today while he remains in Columbus to undergo a battery of tests aimed at determining why he is feeling fatigued.

The club and Johansen’s agent stated emphatically that Johansen’s absence is not related to his offseason heart scare or any response to new coach John Tortorella, who benched Johansen on Thursday in the final six minutes of a 3-2 loss to the Minnesota Wild.

“It’s nothing with his heart,” said Kurt Overhardt, Johansen’s agent. “He’s just not feeling well, and we’re trying to figure out why. His energy level has been down for a while. There’s no alarm here, but we want to get to the root of it. We want to do the right thing and make sure he’s 100 percent when he’s on the ice.”

Overhardt and Blue Jackets management butted heads over Johansen’s contract negotiations in 2014, but the two are working together now. They met over the weekend in Denver, where Overhardt lives.

“We had a good conversation,” Overhardt said. “We’re together on this.”

General manager Jarmo Kekalainen declined to comment Monday.

Johansen, who was full of energy during the preseason and appeared strong in the first few games of the regular season, started feeling run down late in a 4-1 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Oct.17, when Todd Richards was still coach.

His jump never returned in subsequent games against the New York Islanders and Minnesota Wild. He flew home from Denver on Saturday and missed a game that night at Colorado, a 4-3 win, the Blue Jackets’ first of the season. He did not travel with the club Monday to New Jersey and will not play tonight against the Devils.

But he has not been ruled out of a game Friday at Washington.

“(Johansen) doesn’t feel well. He lacks energy, so we’ll list him as day-to-day,” Tortorella said. “He’s getting some medical tests done. We’re going to leave him alone and see if we can get that straightened out. We don’t think it’s long-term. He just doesn’t feel well.”

Johansen was hospitalized in Vancouver at least once over the summer after suffering an accelerated heart rate. But tests by cardiologists in Vancouver and Columbus found no issues with his heart, Overhardt said, and it did not disrupt his offseason workouts.

Despite being scoreless in his last three games and missing Saturday’s game, Johansen remains the Blue Jackets’ leader with five assists and six points.

“Joey and I are pretty close, so obviously we talk,” right wing Cam Atkinson said. “But I don’t know what’s going on with him. All I can do is be there for him, but I don’t really know what’s going on.”

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ugh. Mono? Or is that easy to diagnose?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Ugh. Mono? Or is that easy to diagnose?
    yes it is, only need a blood sample. That's what i was thinking yesterday.. we shall see ...
    Roto league $$$, auction league, limited keeper max 3 years
    G, A, Sog, Pim, Hits, +/-, Stpts
    Wins, Gaa, save%

12 forwards
    5 def
    3 goalers
    10 utility

Dobber Sports Veteran

Must be that time of the month.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

I...am your father.

Thyroid issue? I have hypo-thyroidism. Easily treated, but sometimes tough to get a handle on and it results in exhaustion. I power through it when that happens...usually. But I'm not an athlete with those kind of physical expectations, haha
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Thyroid issue? I have hypo-thyroidism. Easily treated, but sometimes tough to get a handle on and it results in exhaustion. I power through it when that happens...usually. But I'm not an athlete with those kind of physical expectations, haha
    How did they treat it? (They treated my cat with radiation when she had it.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Must be that time of the month.
    He's been exhibiting exhaustion, not irritability...

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Ugh. Mono?
    That was my first thought as well, but I think that it's contagious and relatively easy to diagnose. My second thought was ebola or crabs. Now, I'm no doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket