Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ovie offer

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Ovie offer

For the league in my signature.

I was offered Ovechkin vs Thornton and Vatanen.

The first thing that's making me hesitate is that the only D I have that could take Vatanen's place is Dan Hamhuis...

The second is that while Ovie and Thornton aren't keeper material (because they would cost 5$ more than they did at auction this year), Vatanen would only cost 10$ to keep, thus is a good keeper.

Thinking of countering and asking him for a D in return, but his D are E.Gelinas, D.Orlov, D.Girardi, B.McNabb and T.Van Riemsdyk, so nothing to get excited about... (by his D you can also see that the WW is pretty darn thin, the top point producers available are Gunnarsson, M.Staal, Coburn and some young guys available are Merrill, Deslauriers, J.McCabe).

Was also thinking of countering and offering him a forward or a prospect instead of Vatanen, but I suspect that his main goal is to improve his D.

Any advice?

Thanks!
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Ovie offer

Well I'm not really familiar with auctions and how people are kept in them but I would think that this is a great deal for you if you'd want to try to win this year. Ovechkin is an elite player and it doesn't seem like you're giving up much to get him

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    Well I'm not really familiar with auctions and how people are kept in them but I would think that this is a great deal for you if you'd want to try to win this year. Ovechkin is an elite player and it doesn't seem like you're giving up much to get him
    Yeah man, it's Ovi afterall. With your PPP and SOG categories, he's about the best player you can possibly have. I'd say take Vatanen and do a separate deal with someone else to try and bulk your defence. Do it before he comes to his senses!
    FANTASY LEAGUE: "Hockey Night on Hoth" (est. 2012)
    TEAM NAME: "The Barrelriders"

FORMAT: H2H Keeper League (Keep 4 - no more than two per position)
    TEAM FORMAT: 12 Teams, 17 Players per Team (3C, 4W, 3D, 2G, 5Util)
    STAT CATS: G, A, P, PPP, FW, Shots, Hits, Blocks | Wins, SVS, GAA, SV%

MY TEAM:

C | N. Mackinnon,
    W | J. Benn, J. Pavelski
    D |
    G | A. Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

Get more for Ovechkin. Don't be like me and totally regret the trade after it's done lol

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Get more for Ovechkin. Don't be like me and totally regret the trade after it's done lol
    He's not trading Ovechkin, he's receiving him

Dobber Sports Monster

He's not trading Ovechkin, he's receiving him
    Disregard my message. Damn I'm tired this morning lol

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Disregard my message. Damn I'm tired this morning lol
    Lol i do that a lot too. Aren't we all like that in the morning

Dobber Sports Monster

Lol i do that a lot too. Aren't we all like that in the morning
    Yes lol. I got to get some sleep tonight or I am screwed for work tonight. Sucks working and you feel like a zombie lol

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stotan View Post
    Yeah man, it's Ovi afterall. With your PPP and SOG categories, he's about the best player you can possibly have. I'd say take Vatanen and do a separate deal with someone else to try and bulk your defence. Do it before he comes to his senses!
    We don't count SOG (shots on goal), we count SHOG (Shootout goals)...

I can't really take Vatanen and do another deal... I already have Vatanen and he's asking me for him in the Ovie deal...

The real question is : will I get more points out of Ovie + Hamhuis or out of Thornton + Vatanen? would this be selling low on Vatanen?

The Magnificent One

Not sure how myuch ovechkin costs as that is probably an important piece but I'd do this deal in a second and what he meant above was do another deal on the side to get another defenseman
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Not sure how myuch ovechkin costs as that is probably an important piece but I'd do this deal in a second and what he meant above was do another deal on the side to get another defenseman
    Ovie costs 70$, which fits fine in my cap and why I didn't really mention it.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    what he meant above was do another deal on the side to get another defenseman
    exactly what I meant. I think Ovi + Hamhuis > Thornton + Vatanen by far. Plus, if you can somehow figure out a trade involving a forward for a slightly better d-man then you're amde in the shade! If not, Ovi is still the way to go.
    FANTASY LEAGUE: "Hockey Night on Hoth" (est. 2012)
    TEAM NAME: "The Barrelriders"

FORMAT: H2H Keeper League (Keep 4 - no more than two per position)
    TEAM FORMAT: 12 Teams, 17 Players per Team (3C, 4W, 3D, 2G, 5Util)
    STAT CATS: G, A, P, PPP, FW, Shots, Hits, Blocks | Wins, SVS, GAA, SV%

MY TEAM:

C | N. Mackinnon,
    W | J. Benn, J. Pavelski
    D |
    G | A. Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks guys!

I accepted the deal and picked up Carl Gunnarsson off the WW. He's playing with Parayko in St-Louis and the rookie is producing ok, so I'm hoping that a bit of that splashes over to Gunnarsson. If not, then I'll fall back to Hamhuis.

Other points that came into consideration :

- Ovie has a higher % of his points that are goals, which means he should also get more GWG, which are worth more, whereas more of Thornton's points are assists.

- Even if Anaheim turns things around and Vatanen starts producing again, there's the injury risk due to his size and style of play. He's been compared to Enstrom a few times, so maybe it's a good move to bail out while I still can.

- I won my weekly matchup (well, the week's not over but I'm ahead by 14.5 points with 1 day remaining, so unless Johnny Gaudreau scores over 10 points, I win) by a fair margin with Vatanen giving me zero points and Thornton giving me only 1, while Ovie scored 6. Also, I'm currently tied for 3rd in league points this week with 27. If I had had Ovie, I would have had the most points of any team in the league. I think I can manage...

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    Thanks guys!

I accepted the deal and picked up Carl Gunnarsson off the WW. He's playing with Parayko in St-Louis and the rookie is producing ok, so I'm hoping that a bit of that splashes over to Gunnarsson. If not, then I'll fall back to Hamhuis.

Other points that came into consideration :

- Ovie has a higher % of his points that are goals, which means he should also get more GWG, which are worth more, whereas more of Thornton's points are assists.

- Even if Anaheim turns things around and Vatanen starts producing again, there's the injury risk due to his size and style of play. He's been compared to Enstrom a few times, so maybe it's a good move to bail out while I still can.

- I won my weekly matchup (well, the week's not over but I'm ahead by 14.5 points with 1 day remaining, so unless Johnny Gaudreau scores over 10 points, I win) by a fair margin with Vatanen giving me zero points and Thornton giving me only 1, while Ovie scored 6. Also, I'm currently tied for 3rd in league points this week with 27. If I had had Ovie, I would have had the most points of any team in the league. I think I can manage...
    Hey, you never know. Maybe Gaudreau will have an 11 point night

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hey, you never know. Maybe Gaudreau will have an 11 point night
    If I lose my matchup, I'm totally blaming you!