Thread: Duchene+ for Kucherov+

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Duchene+ for Kucherov+

Happy Saturday, guys!

Need a little trade help. With the beginning of this year and last year in mind, I'm worried about Duchene. I started shopping him and here's the first offer I received.

My: Duchene, Galchenyuk, D. Pouliot
    His: Kucherov, Kuznetsov, Panarin

I don't feel like I'm getting enough. Regardless of last season, Duchene was ~PPG two years ago, Galchenyuk is probably good for about 60 points this year, and Pouliot will turn into a real solid PP guy for PIT. Kucherov is enticing, but early production is worrisome. Also like Kuz and Panarin, but don't think they're sustainable and don't have a good read on 3-4 years down the road.

So what you think? If I get him to swap Maatta and Pouliot, does that help, or maybe add a pick?

Thanks!
    10 Team, Weekly H2H (Set Daily), 31-Player, No Cap, Dynasty League

Categories: G, A, +/-, Hits, PPP, ATOI, SOG, W, S%, GAA

F: Crosby,
    Seguin, Kessel, Malkin, Tarasenko, Laine, Hall, Pacioretty, Panarin, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Eichel, Monahan, Krejci, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Drouin, S. Reinhart, Radulov

D: Karlsson, Hedman, Shattenkirk,
    Barrie, Hamilton, Gostisbehere, Vatanen

G: Rask, Fleury, Dubnyk, Schneider

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Duchene+ for Kucherov+

I would say no to Maatta. I picked him up in a keeper league last season and haven't been thrilled about his lack of production when he is in the lineup.

Pouliot will be in the NHL, it's just a matter of when the Penguins believe that he has developed enough in his own end.

I don't like the idea of selling low on a player, and I think that's what you're doing with Duchene. The return is not that terrible, but if you don't get a good feel on this deal then don't do it.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Genius

I think you should do it if you can replace Pouliot for Maata. I like Duchene but I don't really know if he's going to get back to a ppg level in COlorado. Also, I'm sure Kucherov will heat up and Panarin and Kuznetsov have a lot of potential.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

My thought process was similar with Duchene, @rangerfan. The problem is not that he's a bad player, he absolutely has PPG potential. But he's playing with terrible wingers (Blake Comeau and an aging Iginla...yeah), and I don't see that changing within the next couple years (Rantanen is all they've got in the pipeline for blue-chippers). Landeskog/MacKinnon are locked at the hip and O'Reilly, who played wing, is gone now. So while it's a "sell low," it's more of a long-term "sell low," similar to dealing Bobby Ryan. I'm a Wild fan, and I can even see a parallel with Koivu: he had a 70-point season and with better wingers (Miettinen and Brunette were his at the time) he could've been PPG. Risebrough stuck with those wingers (or worse) and the rest is history.

So I think I'll do a tweaked counter...reasonable?

My: Duchene, Galchenyuk, Maatta

Seguin, Kessel, Malkin, Tarasenko, Laine, Hall, Pacioretty, Panarin, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Eichel, Monahan, Krejci, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Drouin, S. Reinhart, Radulov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by P-Giddy View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, guys!

My thought process was similar with Duchene, @rangerfan. The problem is not that he's a bad player, he absolutely has PPG potential. But he's playing with terrible wingers (Blake Comeau and an aging Iginla...yeah), and I don't see that changing within the next couple years (Rantanen is all they've got in the pipeline for blue-chippers). Landeskog/MacKinnon are locked at the hip and O'Reilly, who played wing, is gone now. So while it's a "sell low," it's more of a long-term "sell low," similar to dealing Bobby Ryan. I'm a Wild fan, and I can even see a parallel with Koivu: he had a 70-point season and with better wingers (Miettinen and Brunette were his at the time) he could've been PPG. Risebrough stuck with those wingers (or worse) and the rest is history.

So I think I'll do a tweaked counter...reasonable?

My: Duchene, Galchenyuk, Maatta
    I like it. I actually drafted Duchene this year because I thought he might be able to get back to his PPG ways... and then I saw his linemates. I think he'd have to get out of Colorado to get back to being a ppg player. I don't really see it as a sell-low because I don't think he'll get much higher

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I like it. I actually drafted Duchene this year because I thought he might be able to get back to his PPG ways... and then I saw his linemates. I think he'd have to get out of Colorado to get back to being a ppg player. I don't really see it as a sell-low because I don't think he'll get much higher
    I was rooting for him, but COL just doesn't have the supporting cast. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by P-Giddy View Post
    I was rooting for him, but COL just doesn't have the supporting cast. Thanks!
    Exactly. Losing O'Reilly hurt and trying to replace him with Comeau was just upsetting. And np

Dobber Sports Monster

Kucherov, Kuznetsov, Panarin side wins. What an upgragde.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Update time...

He won't budge on Pouliot, but will consider a smaller offer. The two options are as follows:

1) My Duchene, Galchenyuk, D. Pouliot for his Kucherov, Kuznetsov, Panarin
    2) My Duchene, Galchenyuk for his Kucherov, Kuznetsov ~ I'm not sure he's sold on this

Which of these deals would you take? Neither, both, one or the other?