Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Who is this year's Klingberg? (Because if he's out there, i need him)

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Who is this year's Klingberg? (Because if he's out there, i need him)

So far Parayko looks to be the guy. But it is early.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Who is this year's Klingberg? (Because if he's out there, i need him)

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    And I understand that. But really, would assuming Bouwmeester's role on PP2 qualify Parayko as "this year's Klingberg"?

That is the topic of this thread, right?
    Klingberg was routinely not used as a top offensive option by Ruff, being stuck on the 2nd PP and not getting as much time with the top lines for much of last year.

He worked his way there
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Klingberg was routinely not used as a top offensive option by Ruff, being stuck on the 2nd PP and not getting as much time with the top lines for much of last year.

He worked his way there
    Okay, but he worked his way past Goligoski and Daley, not Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo.

Then Daley was moved out in the offseason for Sharpie, a move many Stars fans felt was way overdue.

Do you see Shatts/Pietrangelo/Bouwmeester being moved out?

That's the difference that I see here. When Klinger started producing, it was frickin' obvious to everyone that he would soon be at the front of the line.

RETIRED

Banned

Nice try. Just because you mention a prospect doesn't mean you get credit when they become a star. You mention almost every prospect at some point or another. Giving Klingberg a 3YP of 25 points means you didn't have a clue about what he was capable of. He started the season outside your top 100 d-prospects... not even on the list. Face it, you didn't have a clue, but because his name is in your guide you think you called it. Ba!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I make it habit to watch the video reviews that you find on youtube showing all goals by a player for 2014-2015 (or what not) for any prospect/sleeper I want to target. I do not get to watch 80 games a season of hockey and this is a great way to see if they pass the visual eye test and not just the score sheet at the end of the year. I guess this is like the cliff notes version of the players season.

Klingberg had me at the first goal. That was a very nice toe drag, walk in and snipe. Passing up the players ahead of him was pretty easy to do, neither really were better options and the off season was a perfect story line for this young man. Extension, move out Daley, bring in another stay at home guy, and here you go kid please produce a Point per game!

Parayko does have some proven guys to pass up. My friend here travels up to watch STL during training camp and he likes the kid. He seems to just draw attention from coaches and other players. I watched his highlights and I have already picked him up in my league. I dropped my 15th pick in the draft RNH (I am EDM biased anyway and regret that pick the most from my draft) I think he will play well and force the coach to find ways to get production from him. I would hate to see him stuck like Trouba, a bunch of talent but no where to play?
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Holden View Post
    Nice try. Just because you mention a prospect doesn't mean you get credit when they become a star. You mention almost every prospect at some point or another. Giving Klingberg a 3YP of 25 points means you didn't have a clue about what he was capable of. He started the season outside your top 100 d-prospects... not even on the list. Face it, you didn't have a clue, but because his name is in your guide you think you called it. Ba!
    You first heard the name John Klingberg through me and my website, don't kid yourself. I'll take credit for that. Anyway, 27Blue was banned from this forum and I don't see the forum suddenly a better place with you back, so goodbye.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Parayko: 1G, +2, 10 SOG, 3rd in ice time tonight. If you have not picked him up by now you are too late I bet
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Padawan

10 shots!!!
    Worst-case scenario for me, i made a trade offer for a veteran d-man, deciding that if it didn't fly i would take Parayko. I made the trade offer, it got accepted BUT the trade was vetoed on a technicality. The guy who traded me d-man took parayko to fill that void, then got the vet d-man back i wanted and decided not to do the trade when i re-offered.
    gonna be one of those years.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Still without Shattenkirk. He's a sell high

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    10 shots!!!
    Worst-case scenario for me, i made a trade offer for a veteran d-man, deciding that if it didn't fly i would take Parayko. I made the trade offer, it got accepted BUT the trade was vetoed on a technicality. The guy who traded me d-man took parayko to fill that void, then got the vet d-man back i wanted and decided not to do the trade when i re-offered.
    gonna be one of those years.
    How did it get vetoed

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yannick Weber has finally got into the lineup and got the most PP time last night for the canucks and a primary assist. The Sedins have practically been begging for Weber to be their point man on the PP and got their wish. Hopefully he plays well in his contract year.

Wont hit 40 pts but theres some dark-horse potential I think.
    SBF Keeper League // 10 Teams // NHL Salary Cap //
    4C, 8W, 6D, 1G, 4B
    G=3pts, A=2pts, Shots=.2, PIMS=.2, Blocks=.2pts, Hits=.2pts, PPP=.5pts, SHP=1pt, GWG=.5pts,
    W=3pts, SO=4pts, GA=-.5, Saves=.1pt

St. Petterssons

C: Pettersson, Zacha, Novak, Kurashev, Lapierre
    W: Kucherov, Draisaitl, Hyman, W Nylander, Bratt, P Kane, Roslovic, Milano, A Nylander, M Jones
    D: Theodore, Seider, Gostisbehere, Harley, York, Perunovich, Sandin
    G: Skinner

*Bold means I can't drop them (but I can trade them).

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jessenguyen41 View Post
    Yannick Weber has finally got into the lineup and got the most PP time last night for the canucks and a primary assist. The Sedins have practically been begging for Weber to be their point man on the PP and got their wish. Hopefully he plays well in his contract year.

Wont hit 40 pts but theres some dark-horse potential I think.
    If he's given a lot of power play time he could be a good option for power play points

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thought I would revive this thread. Can we say it might be Ghost? He, like Klingberg, has stepped right into the key spot in pp1. The question is whether Streit outta Compton takes his spot in a couple of weeks. If not, I think Ghost is the guy.
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - J. Hughes
    LW - Panarin
    RW -
    D - Bouchard
    G - Levi

Packer Fan

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by joe jones View Post
    Thought I would revive this thread. Can we say it might be Ghost? He, like Klingberg, has stepped right into the key spot in pp1. The question is whether Streit outta Compton takes his spot in a couple of weeks. If not, I think Ghost is the guy.
    I sure hope so. The problem is, as you said, Mark Streit, who will give Ghost a lot more competition than Gologoski gave Klingberg.
    10 Team, Weekly H2H (Set Daily), 31-Player, No Cap, Dynasty League

Categories: G, A, +/-, Hits, PPP, ATOI, SOG, W, S%, GAA

F: Crosby,
    Seguin, Kessel, Malkin, Tarasenko, Laine, Hall, Pacioretty, Panarin, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Eichel, Monahan, Krejci, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Drouin, S. Reinhart, Radulov

D: Karlsson, Hedman, Shattenkirk,
    Barrie, Hamilton, Gostisbehere, Vatanen

G: Rask, Fleury, Dubnyk, Schneider