Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who is this year's Klingberg? (Because if he's out there, i need him)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Who is this year's Klingberg? (Because if he's out there, i need him)

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Well, this is why I don't feel Parayko is an apt comparison. The thing with Klingberg is that he was blocked for PP time on a high-powered PP by ... Goligoski and Daley.

Parayko, on the other hand, has not just Shattenkirk but Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester ahead of him.

I expect that he could supplant Bouwmeester, but that isn't being this year's Klingberg.
    Parayko (avg 2:34) is already playing more PP than Bouwmeester (avg 1:35).

But I agree when Shattenkirk is back, Parayko will play PP2.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Who is this year's Klingberg? (Because if he's out there, i need him)

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Parayko (avg 2:34) is already playing more PP than Bouwmeester (avg 1:35).

But I agree when Shattenkirk is back, Parayko will play PP2.
    Yes, I'm aware of what Parayko is doing now. But just because he's doing it now does not mean that will continue to be the status quo going forward. My concern is his staying power and how he will be utilized over the long term.

In Klingberg's case it was fairly obvious that he could supplant those in front of him with relatve ease. That isn't the case here.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yes, I'm aware of what Parayko is doing now. But just because he's doing it now does not mean that will continue to be the status quo going forward. My concern is his staying power and how he will be utilized over the long term.

In Klingberg's case it was fairly obvious that he could supplant those in front of him with relatve ease. That isn't the case here.
    I understand but Parayko will continue to have more PP time than Bouwmeester (now and future).
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Superstar

I understand but Parayko will continue to have more PP time than Bouwmeester (now and future).
    And I understand that. But really, would assuming Bouwmeester's role on PP2 qualify Parayko as "this year's Klingberg"?

That is the topic of this thread, right?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

And I understand that. But really, would assuming Bouwmeester's role on PP2 qualify Parayko as "this year's Klingberg"?

That is the topic of this thread, right?
    Yes this is the topic. But you said that he is behind Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk. This is not the case. And right now, we could argue that he is more efficient than Pietrangelo on the PP. And this make him a better candidate. That's it..move on.
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think it is going to be Ryan Murray - Top 5 overall pick (shows talent) Injuries last year. Even with the switch to torts he is getting good pp time. He is the only Columbus D-man who has been close to zero in plus minus.
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - J. Hughes
    LW - Panarin
    RW -
    D - Bouchard
    G - Levi

Packer Fan

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think Parayko is the closest to this year's Klingberg but yeah as already pointed out, there is Shattenkirk and I don't think he is replacing him. Unless the Blues run 2 RH Ds on the top PP? Could happen, I dunno but they like to go 4 F, 1 D, who knows, maybe Parayko will change their plans.

But I don't think there is anyone as good (and esp. with as good an opportunity) as Klingberg. Klingbergs don't come every year.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Another goal for Reilly while playing 1/3 pp time of Phaneuf. I have a new conspiracy theory. Leafs want to make sure Phaneuf piles up the points and profile so they can dump him and his huge contract and get a decent prospect in return. Given their lack of talented wingers up front weird they don't put them both on the point.

Until I see Reilly get more opportunity I have a hard time pulling the trigger for him when i'm weighing him vs. Ryan Murray, Ryan Ellis, the Blues phenom, or Michael Stone. Murray and Stone certainly getting more pp time, though i would agree that choosing talent is probably the safest bet.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    clearly Babcock prefers Phaneuf over Reilly
    Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Leafs want to make sure Phaneuf piles up the points and profile so they can dump him and his huge contract and get a decent prospect in return....Until I see Reilly get more opportunity
    I think the word prefers is a little bit of a misnomer. I think Babcocks actually prefers Rielly but is building him up into the defacto #1. He's been getting more minutes 5v5 than Phaneuf and Babs has him on the PK1 to help accelerate his defensive game. You may be onto something with the Phaneuf trade but I just don't see Babs being that type of guy. By mid season I wouldn't be surprised to see Rielly getting more PP time than Phaneuf as well.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think if coach was grooming him for #1 it would be 50-50 but it seems to me Reilly only goes out when Phaneuf is absolutely gassed. I saw one instance a couple of games ago where Leafs had a plus 2 minute pp (Can't remember if it was 4, or 5, or just one minor after the other) and i was very surprised by how long he was out there, it was what you'd see with a Letang, Karlsson or Carlson. Also, what are the implications of demoting your captain from an important role, replacing him with a kid, when the season is already going to be a long and difficult one. He'd be harder to trade if he's disgruntled and his point total is down, and team would be harder to keep together. Wings famous for bringing along kids very slowly, maybe that's Babs' personal philosophy and Reilly never gets the chance this year until/unless Phaneuf traded. Both Babs and Phaneuf on long contracts, last thing the coach wants to do is get off on wrong foot.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Superstar

Yes this is the topic. But you said that he is behind Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk. This is not the case. And right now, we could argue that he is more efficient than Pietrangelo on the PP. And this make him a better candidate. That's it..move on.
    If you want to assume that because it happened last week implies that it will happen forever, fine. My experience has taught me that that can be a rash assumption in fantasy hockey.

(As an aside, please spare me the lectures about "moving on". No one appointed you to referee this thread.

If I have a point to make, I'll make it. Nothing that I've said is out of line, I'm just not buying what you're selling. Whether you care to respond in turn or not is your prerogative.

That's what this forum is for. If you feel the need to moderate threads, then become a moderator.)

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Pro

Risto
    Stone (top unit with OEL)
    Hutton
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Reilly is my pick.

Kid just oozes talent. Although it's not a popular decision for the fantasy community, I really like what Babcock is doing with Reilly. Give him the PK1 time and let him become a more reliable defender (Which he was never bad per say in his own zone). When his defensive side is satisfactory, give him more PP time (Make him earn it). Seems like a pretty good recipe to build a #1 who can play all situations.

On a side note, Reilly has averaged 28 points in his first 2 seasons, playing only PP2 and approximately 20 mins a night. This year he's hovering around 23 mins with a bit of PP2. I think by midseason we see him at 25 mins with PP1, that's when we could see the "Klingberg-like" breakout.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I think Parayko is the closest to this year's Klingberg but yeah as already pointed out, there is Shattenkirk and I don't think he is replacing him. Unless the Blues run 2 RH Ds on the top PP? Could happen, I dunno but they like to go 4 F, 1 D, who knows, maybe Parayko will change their plans.

But I don't think there is anyone as good (and esp. with as good an opportunity) as Klingberg. Klingbergs don't come every year.
    I'm with VincentVega. I think Parayko is the better candidate and could surpass Pietrangelo (on the PP side) and see some time on the PP1 with Shattenkirk. But he will not produce like Klingberg did last year.

Reilly, Ristolainen and others are well known around here. They are ''boom'' candidate but not from nowhere like Klingberg did last year.

Ben Hutton is also a good candidate to put 30-40pts this year. We could argue that sometimes he looks better on the PP than Edler.
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dobber mentioned him in the Ramblings this morning, and he is MUCH better in leagues that count Hits and Blocks, but the Coyotes' Michael Stone could have himself a solid year.

He's back on PP1 after losing that spot to Mikkel Boedker earlier in the season, and he was a very effective offensive defenceman for the Calgary Hitmen a few years ago.

He's getting 22-25 minutes of icetime, and his PP icetime has been rising as well.

He's also young enough that he may not have reached his ceiling yet - I dunno. I took a flyer on him this year, and he's been seeing spot starts for my team.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!