Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 15 Discussion

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Round 15 Discussion

smack1919 wrote:
    Sorry to intrude guys, I know this is the Comish\'s thing but just a heads up ridinryan is around. He\'s in another league I\'m in where we\'re doing a draft so up until last night I know he\'s around and haven\'t heard differently. He should respond shortly I\'m assuming (west-coaster).
    ***Also, if you guys don\'t mind, add me to the waiting list. I\'ve got years to wait.
    On the contrary smack1919, thanks for the info. I checked his profile and he was online yesterday - a good sign.

I\'ve added you to our waiting list. Assuming babalu69 doesn\'t reply and ridinryan is added, you will sit 3rd on the waiting list behind mrvisser and DAW.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

pensfan wrote:
    The Comish wrote:
    mapletreemarty wrote:
    We should technically give him his 24 hour window...
    That was my plan. It also gives ridinryan (first on our waiting list) a chance to read my email and answer me.
    I would propose skipping him again. It is basically a 24 hour delay if we wait as he is almost two weeks past his last pick. If he is going to be replaced that should be worked in parallel with keeping the draft rolling. Just my 2 cents...
    I\'ve sent babalu69 a final email telling him that if he doesn\'t post his picks (round 14 & 15) by tomorrow at 6 pm, then I\'m left with no choice but to replace him.

I\'m very reluctant to kick people out of pools. What if his wife is in the hospital, what if a family member is gravely ill and he had to travel out of town on no notice.

I like to give them every opportunity to be a part of our group, but babalu is getting to the point of no return.

Tomorrow we will have those two picks in, one way or the other.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The Comish wrote:
    pensfan wrote:
    The Comish wrote:
    mapletreemarty wrote:
    We should technically give him his 24 hour window...
    That was my plan. It also gives ridinryan (first on our waiting list) a chance to read my email and answer me.
    I would propose skipping him again. It is basically a 24 hour delay if we wait as he is almost two weeks past his last pick. If he is going to be replaced that should be worked in parallel with keeping the draft rolling. Just my 2 cents...
    I\'ve sent babalu69 a final email telling him that if he doesn\'t post his picks (round 14 & 15) by tomorrow at 6 pm, then I\'m left with no choice but to replace him.

I\'m very reluctant to kick people out of pools. What if his wife is in the hospital, what if a family member is gravely ill and he had to travel out of town on no notice.

I like to give them every opportunity to be a part of our group, but babalu is getting to the point of no return.

Tomorrow we will have those two picks in, one way or the other.
    I completely agree, and if either of those cases are true then he would certainly be happier to know that the draft continued without him and he has some picks to make up instead of losing his team. Skipping him like we did in round 14 at least buys him a few more days to possibly return and get back into things

Comish, you have done a great job at balancing the importance of keeping the draft moving without being unreasonable so I am confident that whatever you decide to do will be fair and reasonable
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think that\'s a fair assessment of the situation Comish. I would hate to be kicking people out of the league due to this stuff, but it may have to be done. Babalu has made 40 posts, and even if you count 1 in each round and corresponding discussion thread, that still makes about 25. So, he was somewhat active in the community. It seems as though after the end of June (round 11) he was just popping in for his picks, but he was still responsive. Though he has not logged in for exactly a month tomorrow at 6ish, so, i feel that if he has not popped in just ONE time since round 13, it is safe to say that he may have lost interest (i doubt this, based on some of his draft picks) - or something really did come up with family/personal issue. Im leaning toward the latter, and i hope everything is alright with him/family and that maybe we do hear from him by tomorrow.

long rant, but its where i stand.

EDIT: After more research, he has not posted more than 3 times in any of the discussions thread, which leads him to be more active in the forum than just in \"The Corner\". He has made approximately 25 posts outside of \"The Corner\".
    2014-15 - 12TM ESPN H2H - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SHG,GWG,Hat,Hit,Blk - W,GA,SV,SHO

F: Rick Nash, Stepan, Hornqvist, Gaborik, Voracek, Kesler, Vrbata, Versteeg
    D: E. Karlsson, Josi, Pietrangelo
    G: Lundqvist(IR), Holtby.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks pensfan. I knew it was going to be a challenge with 30 managers, but this could be the third guy I\'ve had to replace!

With training camps about to get under way, that should get more people stoked about the upcoming season.

Dobber Sports Stud

The Comish wrote:
    Thanks pensfan. I knew it was going to be a challenge with 30 managers, but this could be the third guy I\'ve had to replace!
    I am guessing there is a good chance if it one of us others and not you were running the pool there would be many more than 3 GM\'s replaced!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Chinny wrote:
    The Comish wrote:
    I am guessing there is a good chance if it one of us others and not you were running the pool there would be many more than 3 GM\'s replaced!
    Without a doubt:P There is still plenty of time and I don\'t feel the pressure of us not finishing in time...yet.

We are close however and can\'t afford too many more delays or we will run up very close to the start of the season before out draft is complete.

Dobber Sports Star

Starting tomorrow there are 42 days until the season starts on Oct. 4... with 435 selections made thus far, we still need 315 to get to 750... that averages out to 7.5 picks/day. Everyday we get fewer and fewer picks/day that number only increases.

Just trying to see if that increases the pressure a little comish :silly:
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Stud

don\'t worry, Crazy and I can\'t pick a full 25 guys, that will help out your timing!

Dobber Sports Master

I have room for a max of 4 players.
    I will just be able to pick a full roster.
    2 more spots to fill.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

eject bablau

Dobber Sports Ace

have talk to chic he will call me tomorrow morning to give me is pick. IMO since i\'m one of the replacement (at the beginning). The forum for letting us know that someone is away for vacation or another reason is the place to let know the hungry wolf to be patient
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Guru

i am ready to pick. just let me know when.

Dobber Sports Ninja

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    i am ready to pick. just let me know when.
    It likely won\'t be until early tomorrow night (6 pm EST). I haven\'t heard from ridinryan yet either.

I\'m sure the picture will become clearer by tomorrow evening.

Dobber Sports Guru

coolio.