Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Atkinson for Larsson

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: [Rumor] Atkinson for Larsson

If I'm the Devils, I'm looking at players like Jenner, Wennberg or Bjorkstrand... not Atkinson.
    It might not be realistic from the Jackets standpoint but Larsson is emerging as a legit top-4 defenceman with more potential to fullfill.
    Getting a forward like Atkinson as the main return would be non-sense. The Devils already have plenty of these 40 points players upfront.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I do not like this deal for NJ Devils. Not even if it is Atkinson ++. Larsson is a d-man. d-men take longer to develop in NHL... NJ is in a re-build... they can draft and develop forwards that will ideally be developed around the same time that Larsson is in his prime..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think this absolutely is a trade that makes sense. Columbus has plenty of young depth at forward. Atkinson with one of Rychel/Milano/Bjorkstrand/Wennberg and a pick in exchange for Larsson? Solid deal for both sides.
    16 Team Keeper League. Head-to-Head. Daily moves. Keep 10. Roster 20. Keepers in Bold
    Positions: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2F, 5D, 1Skt, 2G, 4 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, PPP, PIM, SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW Goalies: W, GAA, SV%

C: MacKinnon, Couturier, Eriksson Ek, McCann (LW), Cizikas, Carrick
    LW: Kaprizov, J.T. Miller (C), J. Robertson, Colton (C)
    RW: Perron (LW), T. Moore
    D: Carlson, Ekblad, Letang, Dumba, Lindell, Siegenthaler
    G: Hellebuyck, Vejmelka

Prospects: Turcotte, Raty, Holtz, N. Robertson, M. Bourque, Lundkvist, Soderstrom, Sandin, Addison

Dobber Sports Pro

As a Devils fan I would not want them to ever move Severson or Larsson. And if they do move one I would want a ton coming back.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I hate the idea of this trade for Larsson now that Torts is there. I think Larsson would be awful in a Torts system.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I hate the idea of this trade for Larsson now that Torts is there. I think Larsson would be awful in a Torts system.
    Why? Because he's soft?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Why? Because he's soft?
    Sure, if that's the "definition" you want to use. Torts system isn't really great for cerebral, skating defensemen. There's a reason his system makes guys like Dan Girardi look awesome, and McDonaugh look just average. The same way AVs system makes Girardi look below average, and McDonaugh look awesome.

Dobber Sports Pro

Sure, if that's the "definition" you want to use. Torts system isn't really great for cerebral, skating defensemen. There's a reason his system makes guys like Dan Girardi look awesome, and McDonaugh look just average. The same way AVs system makes Girardi look below average, and McDonaugh look awesome.
    So it makes the bad Dmen look good and the good Dmen look bad? haha. I bet Mark Fraser would look AMAZING in a Torts system.

But for real Larsson is a Dman who is only getting better. Devils should not move him
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Deity

I wasn't saying that's how I see him but more asking if that's how you see him and the reasoning why you feel he wouldn't be a good fit under Torts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    So it makes the bad Dmen look good and the good Dmen look bad? haha. I bet Mark Fraser would look AMAZING in a Torts system.

But for real Larsson is a Dman who is only getting better. Devils should not move him
    Not really. It's a system that's conducive to collapsing defense, shot blocking, playing physical all that stuff. It's not really a skating, puck moving system.

Dobber Sports Genius

Not really. It's a system that's conducive to collapsing defense, shot blocking, playing physical all that stuff. It's not really a skating, puck moving system.
    Exactly. I agree that it doesn't seem like a great fit for Larsson. I feel bad for Blue Jacket fans now. Get ready for a lot of 2-1 games

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree that Larsson wouldn't exactly flourish under Tortorella. I also agree that Larsson is oodles and oodles more valuable than Atkinson. I also agree that Atkinson really isn't the upgrade the Devils top 6 is dying for.

Seems like the general consensus is: Bad deal. Not gonna happen unless Atkinson is the throw-in to go with a stud prospect(s). Gelinas and/or Merrill are the dmen that should be shopped out of NJ.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'll try this one:

Larsson and Zajac for Atkinson, Hartnell and a second rounder....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

The Great One

I have a really hard time believing that Larsson is available now that he is finally starting to emerge as the top pairing dman NJ thought he was when they drafted him. In the second half of last season, he was their top dman, getting the most minutes, and going up against the other team's best players. Even this season, although the points haven't come yet, he is still their cornerstone on defense (along with Severson).

That said, anyone could be traded in the NHL, but Atkinson is not nearly enough, even for a team like the Devils that desperately needs some scoring depth.

I also don't know that it is automatic that Larsson will do much better or get much more of an opportunity in Columbus (from a fantasy perspective), with Murray, Savard, and Johnson in the mix for power play time.

Lastly, I doubt any moves are imminent in Columbus now that they have hired Torts. I suspect they will hold off on any player moves until Torts has some time to evaluate the team and offer some input on the players he'd like moved and acquired.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I have a really hard time believing that Larsson is available now that he is finally starting to emerge as the top pairing dman NJ thought he was when they drafted him. In the second half of last season, he was their top dman, getting the most minutes, and going up against the other team's best players. Even this season, although the points haven't come yet, he is still their cornerstone on defense (along with Severson).

That said, anyone could be traded in the NHL, but Atkinson is not nearly enough, even for a team like the Devils that desperately needs some scoring depth.

I also don't know that it is automatic that Larsson will do much better or get much more of an opportunity in Columbus (from a fantasy perspective), with Murray, Savard, and Johnson in the mix for power play time.

Lastly, I doubt any moves are imminent in Columbus now that they have hired Tortz. I suspect they will hold off on any player moves until Tortz has some time to evaluate the team and offer some input on the players he'd like moved and acquired.
    Ya, you're probably right. I'm sure they'll wait a while to see what Torts can do with the current roster