Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Atkinson for Larsson

I...am your father.

Default [Rumor] Atkinson for Larsson

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...93907229556736

Aaron Portzline
    @Aportzline
    Source tonight suggested #CBJ and #NJDevils could be trade partners. D Adam Larsson likely #CBJ target; RW Cam Atkinson part of #CBJ package
    Love this deal for both players, hope it goes down.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [Rumor] Atkinson for Larsson

Unless people think there's a risk of Larsson being a bust (in comparison to the contract he signed), I think CLB would have to give up a little more on top of Atkinson for Larsson.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Monster

Seems mindless from NJ's perspective. Unless there's another huge piece coming to NJ, not sure why they do that.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am going to be so bummed if this turns out right. I just dropped Larsson this morning after not being impressed with his slow start this season, and the fact New Jersey sucks so much, only to have him get a 2 point night and this trade rumor. I agree with Dobber if he goes to Columbus, it'll be a good fit for him.

Oh how I hate hockey fantasy sometimes.
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.

Dobber Sports Genius

Can't see this happening unless Sheiro goes full ******
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Sorry double post :s
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZero View Post
    I am going to be so bummed if this turns out right. I just dropped Larsson this morning after not being impressed with his slow start this season, and the fact New Jersey sucks so much, only to have him get a 2 point night and this trade rumor. I agree with Dobber if he goes to Columbus, it'll be a good fit for him.

Oh how I hate hockey fantasy sometimes.
    Just trade for some patience, that's the key to have a relaxed start every season.

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't see why the Devils would do this. I don't really see Atkinson as a top 6 forward while Larsson has top pairing potential6

Dobber Sports Deity

I think this deal works for both sides. The Devils have depth on the blue line and are crying for help up front when it comes to scoring. I am not an NHL GM so it really becomes hard to determine what other GMs think of Larsson, especially with his new contract. He's still so young with room to grow. Lots of armchair GMs (like us) tend to value players based more on a fantasy standpoint where as actual NHL GMs value players so much differently than we do.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think this deal works for both sides. The Devils have depth on the blue line and are crying for help up front when it comes to scoring. I am not an NHL GM so it really becomes hard to determine what other GMs think of Larsson, especially with his new contract. He's still so young with room to grow. Lots of armchair GMs (like us) tend to value players based more on a fantasy standpoint where as actual NHL GMs value players so much differently than we do.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Definitely. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Devils try to move a defender

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Larsson is a very nice contract.
    I'd say he's way, way, way more valuable than Atkinson.

But the theory makes sense.
    CBJ has a surplus of forwards and desperately needs to upgrade their D.

I think CGY is potentially a good trade partner.
    Once TJ Brodie is back, and assuming they are happy with Brett Kulak, perhaps they move Kris Russell for a forward.

Oddly, the CGY defense looks defensively horrid at this point in the season.
    They need a shake-up as well.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    value players based more on a fantasy standpoint where as actual NHL GMs value players so much differently than we do.
    larsson has way more NHL value than fantasy value. which is why this rumor doesnt even make sense to me unless jackets are adding someone like rychel.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    larsson has way more NHL value than fantasy value. which is why this rumor doesnt even make sense to me unless jackets are adding someone like rychel.
    I agree to some extent but who knows what these GMs consider when it comes to evaluating these players. I was just saying that around these parts, we tend to blur the fantasy value into advice compared to actual value, that NHL GMs use when considering trades.

There's always another Corey Schneider for the 9th overall pick trade right around every corner. You'd rarely see a trade like that in fantasy circles yet the "braintrust" in Vancouver considered this a smart trade.

I don't think the trade is nearly as bad as some think though when we look at team needs. Larsson "should" become a very good, 3/4 Dman (I dont see him as a true 1/2) and I don't think Atkinson is nearly as bad in NHL circles as we tend to consider him in fantasyland.

All I am saying is I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal like this go down, or to some reasonable facsimilie. I guess it depends on who NJ likes more and sees as a better fit; Atkinson or someone like Rychel. I doubt you'd get them both for Larsson.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Seems mindless from NJ's perspective. Unless there's another huge piece coming to NJ, not sure why they do that.
    I'm with you. If the Devils part with Larsson they have to do better than Atkinson as the centerpiece.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Unless people think there's a risk of Larsson being a bust (in comparison to the contract he signed), I think CLB would have to give up a little more on top of Atkinson for Larsson.
    This is a given - it would be Atkinson ++
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi