Thread: Smith or Mason?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Smith or Mason?

Hey guys, posting for some much needed advice. I'm looking for a solid 3rd/4th goalie. My top 2 are holtby and jones plus I have Howard so I'm okay. I picked up smith for his hot streak but somebody dropped mason. Now, I don't believe in the Coyotes playing well all year and personally I think I should switch out Smoth for Mason, as he has a better chance of winning more games down the road and can still be solid. What do you guys think?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Smith or Mason?

I'm curious about thoughts on the boards regarding Mason as well. I don't have a clear read on him for this season.

With regards to Smith, I tend to regard him in a similar manner to the OP. I don't think the Coyotes will continue to surprise for too much longer, especially when play gets tougher down the stretch, but Smith seems to be a decent play for the time being.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

As of now, I'm going to drop Smith tomorrow morning. My choices are Mason and Hiller and I think Mason is the obvious choice. I'm also being optimistic, they're saying he's looked good in practice. And again, he's just insurance for my top 2. I feel the need to run 4 goalies because in my h2h league, this weeks opponent had 4 and is currently beating me by 1 in wins. Mind you, half of them came against teams like the blue jackets oilers and leafs so I am not very happy lol.

Dobber Sports Genius

I would definitely add Mason. I don't like Smith and I think he's going to cool down really fast