Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Young Forward Will Make the Biggest Leap

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Which Young Forward Will Make the Biggest Leap

Curious to see which young player/ prospect people think will make the greatest strides this year.

At this time last year, Nikolaj Ehlers was hyped in some circles, but wasn't considered the can't miss prospect he looks to be now. Conversely, 14 months ago, Anthony Mantha was being heralded as the next Perry.

Obviously this is a personal preference type of question, but who do you see jumping up the fantasy rankings?

I'll name a few just to get the juices flowing..

McCann, MDC, Barzal, Fiala, Nylander, Meier, Wennberg, Goldobin, Sprong, Rantanen, Gurianov, Milano..

Please don't just rank those guys, but give your top 3 who you see jumping up the prospect charts

Thanks!
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Which Young Forward Will Make the Biggest Leap

Rantanen for me. Made the roster out of camp, I expect him to mature a lot this year, and then replace Tanguay or Iginla as a top 6 forward next year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sprong, Rantanen, and Barzal for me.
    10 Team, Weekly H2H (Set Daily), 31-Player, No Cap, Dynasty League

Categories: G, A, +/-, Hits, PPP, ATOI, SOG, W, S%, GAA

F: Crosby,
    Seguin, Kessel, Malkin, Tarasenko, Laine, Hall, Pacioretty, Panarin, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Eichel, Monahan, Krejci, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Drouin, S. Reinhart, Radulov

D: Karlsson, Hedman, Shattenkirk,
    Barrie, Hamilton, Gostisbehere, Vatanen

G: Rask, Fleury, Dubnyk, Schneider

Petan of the Jets, I also think he will take a large leap forward this year.

Dobber Sports Genius

I actually really like Milano. That kid has a lot of talent

Dobber Sports Stud

I love it boys, keep em coming!

I like Goldobin as a potential high-impact forward, especially if he sees time on that top line.
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    I love it boys, keep em coming!

I like Goldobin as a potential high-impact forward, especially if he sees time on that top line.
    With Couture out, do you think he might get there?

Dobber Sports Stud

I believe he was taking line rushes with big boys this morning. Donskoi is out too, so I think he'll get the chance. Guy has some serious offensive punch.

Keep on, keepin' on.

I believe he was taking line rushes with big boys this morning. Donskoi is out too, so I think he'll get the chance. Guy has some serious offensive punch.
    Wow, that is exciting news! I will have to watch close and see what he looks like!

- - - Updated - - -

Have you been to a Jets game this year? How does Petan look? As good as TSN 1290 makes him sound?

Dobber Sports Stud

Despite my Byfuglien profile pic, I'm actually from Victoria, BC. I've only heard what everyone else has... Strong start for Petan, stuck on the 4th line but 2nd PP time. I like him long term, but likely not this year.

I've got an open roster spot and seriously considering Goldobin. High reward type of player and should get looks in scoring roles.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Despite my Byfuglien profile pic, I'm actually from Victoria, BC. I've only heard what everyone else has... Strong start for Petan, stuck on the 4th line but 2nd PP time. I like him long term, but likely not this year.

I've got an open roster spot and seriously considering Goldobin. High reward type of player and should get looks in scoring roles.
    Iwould do it. Rookies on that top line have a good time. Hertl was explosive as a rookie with them!

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah.. its been a revolving door but if one guy could lock down that spot his value would shoot up. I'm doing it!

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Very subjective question. I have a few that come to mind I think!

Larkin. Everyone is going to know about this kid after this season. There might not be a prospect that will gain more value than him this year. Ehlers gained huge name recognition over one year, but Larkin will gain name recognition and actual trade value in the same time span.

Ritchie. This guy is not really being followed, but he's close and he's quickly going to be the subject of many "Drop any of these for Ritchie?" threads.

Bjorkstrand. The best prospect that CLS has imo. Still under the radar, but his AHL production this year is going to turn heads.

Honka. There's room for more than just Klingberg, and Honka is just as talented. The shadow that Klingberg casts over the Dallas blueline is going to cover Honka right up until he makes the team in 2016-17, when he forces people to notice him.

Gostisbehere. I think it's almost guaranteed that he gets called up this year. When he does he's going to turn heads. People are all over Provorov and have forgotten about Ghost due to his lost year from injuries; but Ghost is already better at running a PP than anyone already playing in Philly.
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Nikerato View Post
    Very subjective question. I have a few that come to mind I think!

Larkin. Everyone is going to know about this kid after this season. There might not be a prospect that will gain more value than him this year. Ehlers gained huge name recognition over one year, but Larkin will gain name recognition and actual trade value in the same time span.

Ritchie. This guy is not really being followed, but he's close and he's quickly going to be the subject of many "Drop any of these for Ritchie?" threads.

Bjorkstrand. The best prospect that CLS has imo. Still under the radar, but his AHL production this year is going to turn heads.

Honka. There's room for more than just Klingberg, and Honka is just as talented. The shadow that Klingberg casts over the Dallas blueline is going to cover Honka right up until he makes the team in 2016-17, when he forces people to notice him.

Gostisbehere. I think it's almost guaranteed that he gets called up this year. When he does he's going to turn heads. People are all over Provorov and have forgotten about Ghost due to his lost year from injuries; but Ghost is already better at running a PP than anyone already playing in Philly.
    Fantastic response! I absolutely agree about Larkin (I moved him this offseason as I didn't have the keeper spots). both he and Bjorkstrand are owned in my league.

I really like Honka too. This kid oozes offensive skills. I had him way up high on my list until Klingberg took over. I believe the two can coexist well, but you know he won't be getting the top minutes

I'm not often a big fan of power forwards because so few end up being elite producers. Even the top end PW's are more 30/30 guys with the exception of Benn, Perry and maybe Patches. But Nick Ritchie is an interesting one to watching

Dobber Sports Genius

Maybe even Mantha. Every was so excited about him until his subpar year in the AHL but I still think he will be amazing in the NHL