Thread: Moving Duchene

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Moving Duchene

Need some help in deep dynasty trade.

I give Duchene and Michael Stone and get JVR and Stastny. Will I kick myself if I move Duchene?
    16 Team Dynasty, Roto Auction Cap League, Farm and Prospect systems.
    G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, DPts, BS, Hits, FOW, Pims, Majors, Shifts, Shootout goals,
    Saves, Wins, OT wins, Save%, GAA, S/O, Shootout Saves,

C: Matthews, Couture, Nelson, Hayes
    W: Draisaitl, Duclair, Hall, Fiala, Marchessault, Voracek, Jeannot, Clutterbuck
    D: Makar, Hronek, Nurse, Cernak, Klingberg, Roy
    G: Demko, Shesterkin, Vanacek
    Prospects: Stutzle, Byfield, Lundell, Brink, Dufour, Madden, Milano, Addison, Alexeyev, Bahl, Farrance, Lundkvist, L. Thompson, Fedotov

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Moving Duchene

Just to clarify its not Mark Stone its Michael Stone the defencemen for sure? If that's the case I pull the trigger. I hate Duchene's situation this year. Look at his wingers there brutal and the best winger on that team Landeskog is connected to Macks hip.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Genius

I disagree. I like Duchene a lot and I think he will hit 70+ points this year. I'm also not big on JVR because he's not playing with Kessel. I wouldn't do the trade

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I disagree. I like Duchene a lot and I think he will hit 70+ points this year. I'm also not big on JVR because he's not playing with Kessel. I wouldn't do the trade
    70+ points do explain? The guy has been playing horrific and seeing less and less ice time. Unless Roy gets fired or they bring in some legitimate wingers that aren't senior citizens this guy will be lucky to match last years totals. Trust me I own him and it pains me to say this.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Grand Master

For this year that's just a win. In a keeper league, it's probably fair, but I dunno if I would do it. I hate trading elite talent for meh average players.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    For this year that's just a win. In a keeper league, it's probably fair, but I dunno if I would do it. I hate trading elite talent for meh average players.
    Agreed.

Unless you bought low on him in the first place, it means you drafted or traded for him at a time when you expected 70+. Considering where his value is at now, you sink or swim with him in a dynasty. The only way this would make sense is if you have no chance of winning and you're getting elite prospects back that are on the cusp of producing (ie. a package of Strome and Barkov).
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Still looking for a Duchene siting in tonight's game. I just may pull the trigger on this deal...

Any other thoughts?
    G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, DPts, BS, Hits, FOW, Pims, Majors, Shifts, Shootout goals,

Prospects: Stutzle, Byfield, Lundell, Brink, Dufour, Madden, Milano, Addison, Alexeyev, Bahl, Farrance, Lundkvist, L. Thompson, Fedotov

Dobber Sports Genius

I think it depends on how you view Duchene. While I see Duchene as a 65 point guy, some people may see him as a 50-55 point guy. I think it's a decent offer because I like Stastny and how he's playing with Taarsenko but I think it depends on your opinion of Duchene.

Another goose egg tonight for Duchene...I just do't get it.

And not even a minute of PP time. What's going on?

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't know. Maybe he's just in a funk. I'm sure he'll turn it around

Dobber Sports Legend

The chances of Duchene scoring 70 points this year are about the same as mine - zero.

That said, his "upside" is higher than JVR's and Stastny's, and I don't trust Stastny to stay healthy. Since this is a keeper, I'd hold onto Duchene. But if you're making the decision for THIS YEAR, I'd take the deal and run.

Since MacKinnon entered the league and Roy took over the Avs, I've been watching them non-stop and here's my take on Matt Duchene...

He's the best player in the league at "looking great" while producing average results. He's brings all kinds of flash and excitement but he over-handles the puck and tries to do way too much for his own good. He's Patrick Kane without the ability to finish plays that result in goals. I think he's a 55-60 guy until the Avs either find him a player he clicks with or he gets moved. But he needs to make adjustments in his own game to reach his fantasy potential.

Last week I traded him straight up for Jonathan Drouin and I'm thrilled.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

I'm trying to get as much as I can for Duchene in a multi cat roto league. How about my Duchene for his JVR and Marchand instead?

Dobber Sports Genius

I wouldn't do it but if you're looking to move him, I think that's a fair offer

I wouldnt move Duchene right now to be honest. You dont seem like a win now team you can afford to wait it out.
    ***2014/2017 Points only League Champion***
    Our league is a 10 team, 12 player keeper. Weekly H2H
    Points only. Dress - 4 LW 4 C 4 RW 6 D 2 G
    Weight - G= 2 A= 1 Hatty =3 W = 2 So=3 OTL=1
    Keepers - Giroux, Ovechkin, Backstrom(C), Tarasenko, Malkin, Wheeler, -- Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo -- Rask, Schneider, Talbot