Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

I don't think it is a dirty hit, it is a little early yes, but I do not think Stone expected Buff to do that at all. He checks to see where the D (Buff) is as the puck goes to the boards and I am sure he expected either the D to let up and hold the blue line or the puck to slow down so he could chip it in. Unfortunate result from the hit
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Buff didn't time it for when Stone got the puck. Buff didn't even know where the puck was, he was looking at Stone the entire time.
    Buff switched his feet/hips from vertical up the ice (D stance) to horizontal to the ice (Hitting stance) when Stone touches the puck. He timed it. Buff could have skated right at Stone if he wasn’t timing it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Buff didn't time it for when Stone got the puck. Buff didn't even know where the puck was, he was looking at Stone the entire time.
    Nothing wrong with that hit, your in denial because You lied to us about stone hitting 70.

Dobber Sports Expert

Sorry we don't all have super human abilities to see his eyes through the back of his head with a helmet on...the angle doesn't definitively show where his eyes are pointed, you can't just assume that because his head and shoulders are directed towards Stone that he didn't take a glance to assess where the puck was and timing...If Stone had his head up, he could have avoided the hit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott AllStarMVP View Post
    Nothing wrong with that hit, your in denial because You lied to us about stone hitting 70.
    Whether or not Stone hit 70 points is irrelevant to Big Ev's viewpoint on the hit...come on....Bub

Dobber Sports Immortal

Would this thread have half the responses if the title said maximum instead of minimum???

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Would this thread have half the responses if the title said maximum instead of minimum???
    If my grandfather had a vagina would he be my grandmother?

Dobber Sports Guru

it's not a big deal but I think it's a 2 minute penalty. At least he didn't jump like another dirty d-man who wears red, blue and white.
    Oh those darn Americans and their dirty hits!

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Buff switched his feet/hips from vertical up the ice (D stance) to horizontal to the ice (Hitting stance) when Stone touches the puck. He timed it. Buff could have skated right at Stone if he wasn’t timing it.
    he would have completely missed Stone if he skated right at Stone. Also the linesman was in the way which is one of the biggest reasons the hit even happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott AllStarMVP View Post
    give it a rest pal. Your account is stale.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Absolute beauty of a hit. Unfortunate for Stone but that's why you gotta keep your head up. Stone is normally so good about that, he just got caught this time.

Nothing dirty about it, Byfuglien held the blue line like he's supposed to. If he backs off and tries to rub Stone out on the boards, maybe Stone slips through and gets in on the forecheck. What Buff did was completely necessary, he made sure Stone didn't get into the D zone.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Apprentice

give it a rest pal. Your account is stale.
    How dare you speak that way to an All Star?!

(If your response was an automated response pushed out by deepbluebigev then disregard my question)

Banned

What the hell is deepbluebigev?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What the hell is deepbluebigev?
    Only the most sophisticated of robots would use the word hell in response. Impressive!

Dobber Sports Titan

I meant skate towards Stone. Not glide. It was a well-timed hit. I don’t see an argument any other way. I don’t see how the refs position really matters on the play. Stone was not getting past Buff with his head down.

1. Not interference. By the book, and I don’t see the book changing to make it interference
    2. The Ref being there or not doesn’t change the play in my eyes.
    3. Buff did everything right your taught as a d-man to do
    4. Everything Stone did, you were taught not to do in contact hockey to protect yourself

Can’t make “big hits” illegal because the hits were big.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

It's not a dirty hit at all. Stone got caught reaching. It happens.

Dobber Sports Ace

You got close Ev - good job backing it up and owning up to it.

2014 Olympicgold and Fast Tony Deniro - it's nice to hear from some knowledgeable hockey players/coaches around here.