Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Even the easiest things in life are not guaranteed

When was this?? lol don't help Big E's case.

- - - Updated - - -

Even the easiest things in life are not guaranteed

18 team Dynasty Head 2 Head - 25 man Roster - (Keep as many as you want)
    G A P PPA PPG HITS GWG SOG
    W SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    Hehe, it was during last year's playoffs vs the Habs (I think game 1 if I'm not mistaken)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Great One

It's not like he isn't getting chances. They'll start going on but I'm not sure why it's a big deal. He's a 55 point player right. Claiming "70 minimim" was just coming from one of the biggest homers on this site looking to start another controversial thread about something Ottawa related.

The fact that he starts this thread but doesn't back it up with $$ is everything. Carry on.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I feel like the disdain for the OP is taking away from the player.

Stone has the talent to get to 70 at some point in his career and it's entirely in the realm of realistic possibility. His possession stats, offensive indicators, and situation/usage all tell me he'll do much better than this eventually. He definitely passes the eye test.

So what if he doesn't hit it this year?
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Claiming "70 minimim" was just coming from one of the biggest homers on this site looking to start another controversial thread about something Ottawa related.
    He may have started the thread, but he had plenty of people taking his side, or arguing against my take, or both....
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sage

Man, I don't post very often, but I can't believe how many people have turned on Stone....dude's on a bad stretch. Happens to the best of them. I think this bad stretch is more of an anomaly than his productive one. I, personally, still believe Stone will hit 70 in his career. This year is tough in his sophomore season but dude is a producer every where he goes and has done so very well as a young player in the best league in the world. BUY BUY BUY
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Man, I don't post very often, but I can't believe how many people have turned on Stone....dude's on a bad stretch. Happens to the best of them. I think this bad stretch is more of an anomaly than his productive one. I, personally, still believe Stone will hit 70 in his career. This year is tough in his sophomore season but dude is a producer every where he goes and has done so very well as a young player in the best league in the world. BUY BUY BUY
    The thread only exists because it was supposed to happen this year. Not next year, or some time in the future, but this year. When people make comments that are very specific (and even put down money stating that he would hit certain milestones) then this is what we get. Nothing wrong with it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hehe, it was during last year's playoffs vs the Habs (I think game 1 if I'm not mistaken)
    That was the same game where he got shot with a gun in both knees right? Judging from how he dived to the deck.....

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    That was the same game where he got shot with a gun in both knees right? Judging from how he dived to the deck.....
    Not sure, but I it is when Subban did this:

Needless to say, it was not Stone's night...
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    The thread only exists because it was supposed to happen this year. Not next year, or some time in the future, but this year. When people make comments that are very specific (and even put down money stating that he would hit certain milestones) then this is what we get. Nothing wrong with it.
    Just playing the devil's advocate here, but this ˅ has not happened yet;

Minors:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just playing the devil's advocate here, but this ˅ has not happened yet;

Agreed. No harm in discussing the likelihood of it happening though.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Agreed. No harm in discussing the likelihood of it happening though.
    Hehe imagine if he does go on a tear and ends the year in a 2015-Benn-like fashion to hit the 70-point mark... If that does happen (very unlikely), I definitely want to revisit this thread as a spectator

Minors:

The Great One

Hehe imagine if he does go on a tear and ends the year in a 2015-Benn-like fashion to hit the 70-point mark... If that does happen (very unlikely), I definitely want to revisit this thread as a spectator

When I bumped it I knew I - as the loudest voice arguing against 70 points and suggesting some long term concerns - was risking a big time reverse jinx.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Not sure, but I it is when Subban did this:

Needless to say, it was not Stone's night...
    Hey that was the same play!

Banned

Nothing about this thread was to stir up controversy. Stone had a fantastic shot to reach 70 and I still believe he will come very close at least. He has been outstanding lately.

BUY LOW. BUY BUY BUY

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Hey that was the same play!
    yeah let's laugh at a guy for suffering a serious wrist injury off a very vicious slash from a disrespectful clown