Thread: Some help with picking my opening roster

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Some help with picking my opening roster

Just after a little help deciding my final lineup before the seaso starts up. It's the league in my sig. I've got it 95% locked (I feel), I'm just unsure about the last couple of guys

The last two active forwards I have are Maroon and Donskoi. On the bench I have Tlusty, Arcobello, Hodgson and Zajac who I can interchange without cap issues. I also have Jurco and Wilson in the farm who I can bring up, but to do that woud require me to subject one of Tusty/Arcobello/Zajac/Hodgson/Colborne to waivers.

So basically, what is the best combination for those final two spots? I think Maroon is a "lock" of them and i had Donskoi because he has been playing with the Joes in camp. But maybe Jurco should be active?

Thanks in advce for any help offered
    16 Team, 50 Player Capped ($75m) Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

Scoring - G, A, PPG/A, +/-, SHG/A, W, SO, (GA bonus's)

F - T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Nyquist, A. Lee, Radulov, Nelson, Neal, Sharp, Atkinson, Ribeiro, Ryan, Staal, (Donskoi, Eller, Colbourne, Vermette, Rodin)
    D - Burns, Klingberg, Gohstisbehere, Weber, Parayko, Braun
    G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm
    F - Mantha, Wilson, Fast, Tolchinsky, Bracco, Merkley, Malgin, Novak, N. Paul, K. Roy, Maroon, Laughton, Lindberg
    D - DeAngelo, Sproul, Clendening, Trouba, Weircioch

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Some help with picking my opening roster

Do you have to make your drops before the season starts to bring those guys up or can you wait to see what they are doing and drop them whenever you want? Right now, I'd be patient with the guys you already have and take a "wait and see" approach with them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

I like Tlusty and Zajac here
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Zajac should have the best opportunity of the guys to be in a scoring role... just will he and his line mates score in it?

I would start him, but be actively watching to see how the other guys on your roster start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Do you have to make your drops before the season starts to bring those guys up or can you wait to see what they are doing and drop them whenever you want? Right now, I'd be patient with the guys you already have and take a "wait and see" approach with them.
    We only get one lineup move per month (as well as an injury move and any moves attatched to trades). So it can be tough trying to predict

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Put Zajac in for Maroon.
    Maroon's value is tied directly to playing with Getzlaf and/or Perry... and I believe he's not, currently.

Haha i actually did that exact move to my lineup about an hour ago!